Best Rides To Experience at Night?

have2getaway

DIS Veteran
Sorry if this has already been asked, but I recently heard (I believe I saw clips of it on a podcast) that Big Thunder Mountain railroad is really fun at night. I had no idea there was a difference, but after seeing a video of the nighttime experience, I have to admit, it looked really cool! I have to book fast passes this week for our upcoming January trip and I’m wondering what other rides might be more enjoyable at night?

I don’t know why, but BTMRR scares the crap out of me at night!!! My DD makes fun of me, but I felt like my heart was beating out of my chest last time we rode it at night!! Felt more intense! Could have just been me, but definitely try it if you’re into that lol

Should also mention Mine Train. Try to sit all the way in the back!

Last edited:

We enjoyed Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and Slinky Dog Dash in the evening, for all the reasons mentioned above. Being around the Pandora area in Animal Kingdom in the evening is spectacular, also.

This might seem silly, but I actually prefer Jngle Cruise at night. It's one of my favorites to do at night!

My dad always insists on only riding Jungle Cruise at night. So, for 30 years, I only ever rode it at night. Then, 3 years ago, there was an unusually short line in the afternoon so we went on it during the day out of curiosity. My dad was right! Way better at night. Jungle Cruise only after dark for us.

Big Thunder has always been our favorite at night. At MNSSHP a couple months ago, they shut down the ride during the fireworks, which was new to us because we always head to that ride during fireworks and it has always run straight through. Also, a new favorite is Slinky Dog at night. We rode it once during the afternoon and then again later at night when everything was all lit up and we all agreed it was much "better" at night!

Astro Orbiter. Setting aside special time for that. I can't ride Space or BTMRR but seeing MK at night from way up there is pretty awesome.

I've not done Jungle Cruise at night so that sounds like another must-do.

Never really thought too much about this topic, but as I look at our plans I've set up almost all of these other rides for the rest of the family to do both at night and during the day, so it's definitely a good question. Also, Pandora is supposed to be really beautiful at night so I'll be sure to at least walk around there a bit.

Last edited:
BTMRR definitely! Peoplemover is really cool. Astro Orbiter is also really cool.

And, for something outside the parks, the Monorail is REALLY cool at night. The Epcot rail takes you through the park all lit up. And we saw HEA from it as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts