Best Restaurants for Fireworks

MrsT2013

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone,
I'm looking to book in advance some dinner reservations, but I was wondering if there were any that had views of the fireworks and good food that you could recommend?
Thanks!
pixiedust:

Hey everyone,
I'm looking to book in advance some dinner reservations, but I was wondering if there were any that had views of the fireworks and good food that you could recommend?
Thanks!
pixiedust:

I think you need to help us help you. Are you looking for Wishes in the MK? Or are you looking for Illuminations in Epcot? When are you going? Who is in your party - adults? Children? Are you on the DDP?
California Grill at the CR has great Wishes at the MK views, but it is closing in February for an extended reburb.
Narcoossee's at the GF has good Wishes views, as well as a deck to go outside, but it is 2 credits on the DDP and expensive OOP.
'OHana at the Poly has a limited number of tables with a good view of Wishes fireworks. Lots of folks like to eat early and go to the Poly beach to watch the fireworks after dinner.
Rose & Crown in Epcot has outdoor patio tables with great Illuminations views. A patio table is never guaranteed. They have a dedicated adjacent patio for guests of the restaurant if you are seated inside, with standing views of Illuminations which is very nice.
La Cantina (CS in Mexico) had lagoon side tables for Illuminations view, but depending on the time of year folks stake those out 90 or more minutes in advance.
La Hacienda in Mexico has a very limited number of window side tables with fantastic views of Illuminations. They are the luck of the draw. Many more tables in the restaurant have no view at all.
The deck outside of Tokoyo Dining in Japan has good views, as do some tables in Tokoyo Dining. Again. luck of the draw.
Hope this helps

Thanks! This has definitely helped. I'll be there in September with my partner. We ideally would like to see both shows, we're not on the dining plan .

Hopefully's post is dead on. :thumbsup2

Wanted to add, you could also do The Wave or CHef Mickey's & watch from the 4th FL observation deck.

Other options are to book a Fireworks Dessert Party at MK or a Fireworks Cruise (Wishes or Illuminations). Pricier but still an option.

FIREWORKS VIEWING (rev 1/6/2013)

1) Illuminations restaurant viewing
. . . Rose & Crown - Excellent Patio View
. . . La Hacienda - Excellent Window View
. . . Tokyo Dining - Good Window view, Good Patio View
. . . Chef de France - Obstructed Window View
. . . Bistro de Paris - Partially Obstructed Window View
. . . Liberty Inn - Obstructed Patio View
2) Wishes restaurant viewing
. . . California Grille - Excellent table view, excellent balcony views
. . . Narcoossee's - Good view from only a few tables, good balcony view
. . . Ohana - Good view from only a very few tables
3) Non-Eating viewing
. . . Wishes: Wilderness Lodge employee parking lot - Good View
. . . Wishes: Poly Beach - Good View, with piped-in music
. . . Wishes: Fort Wilderness Beach - Fair view
. . . Illuminations: Boardwalk - Poor view, only high fireworks

PATIO-or-WINDOW SEATS FOR FIREWORKS:
. . . you CANNOT wait for a patio or window tables or make an ADR for such
. . . you must take whichever table is offered when it is offered.
. . . if not, your ADR is canceled.
. . . too many people would wait for a viewing table.
. . . if they didn't get it they left, so, there were unused tables, lost revenue.
. . . now, the policy is you take what is offered
. . . the Podium person verifies you will take the offered table

SEATING ASSIGNMENTS, THE NEW WAY: (almost all TS eateries)
. . . in most cases, the Podium person has no control over seating
. . . with the new system, the Seat Assigner determines your table
. . . the Assigner walks around with a computer and assigns the next table
. . . this assignment is then printed out at the podium
. . . the Seater then takes the printout and leads guest to the table
. . . the printout info also includes party size, adults/kids, DDP, special diets, etc
. . . this is done without any consulting with the podium people ahead of time
. . . once assigned, it almost takes and Act-of-God to change the table
. . . to change tables, requires a lot of computer work for the Assigner and Podium
. . . if you want to try for a good seat, get an ADR 2-2½ hrs before fireworks
. . . then, hope you get lucky

NOTE: Even with the above policy, we have seen people get a viewing
table when asking for it. If they are not too busy, which doesn't happen
often, they will try to accommodate you.

Thanks!!! This has helped lots! Just need to check out menus now and then wait for our 180 days to roll around!

Can I jump in and ask what time we should plan to eat at the poly and be on the beach to see the fireworks, I can't figure out what time to make my ADR :worried:

MomToPrincePhillip said:
Can I jump in and ask what time we should plan to eat at the poly and be on the beach to see the fireworks, I can't figure out what time to make my ADR :worried:

We made ours for 7:30pm as depending on how busy etc you might not be seated on time. They might be fast on service but then again... At least you would have time to eat and then get a spot on the beach.

MomToPrincePhillip said:
Thanks that helps me a lot! :)

Not a problem watching the fireworks from the beach is a wonderful way to see them. Hoping o be doing just that in October :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter