Best resorts for runners/walkers?

rutgers1

DIS Veteran
I would love to get people's "top" lists for runners.

My best experience was at the Boardwalk. I liked running around the loop. I didn't have as much luck at Saratoga Springs and Animal Kingdom Villas, as I couldn't quite figure out the best path.

What do you think?

I love running at the Poly. Take the beach path all the way to the GF gym too. The Poly has a map for runners with the distance marked...figured the boardwalk area resorts would do that too. Maybe just ask for one wherever you end up?

My DH is a runner and he greatly preferred the Boardwalk area. Not only can you do the loop around the Boardwalk, you can combine that with the run to/from DHS. He was disappointed with the running from the Poly. The trail was very short and quickly became very repetitive. There's no "loop" that you can take to MK or CR. He was also less than enthusiastic about the run in AKL - not much before you hit the highway.

For us its the BW/BC area. There are several different courses you can take and combine to make longer runs. As pp said, you can do the loop around the lake, go to and from MGM, you can also head to MGM but take the path before the overpass and go up and over and stay on the sidewalk in front of the S/D or cut back down at the end of the overpass and take the path by the S/D. You can also make the complete loop around all the resorts on the road. There are a lot of different options in this area.

Wilderness Lodge is great because you can run to Fort Wilderness and around Fort Wilderness, it's a nice run, no hills.

Love, love the Boardwalk area the most, then the trails at Wilderness Lodge, and finally around the lake at CBR.

I am no longer a running but a lot of walking. I suggest Old Key West. First its a short 1 1/2 to 2 miles to Dt. Disney depending where you start from. So round trip can be 4 miles. You can job over to Saratoga and even over to Tree Houses. So you can change your views and plenty of paths and restrooms along the way. Also their is a back way over to Riverside/Port Orleans and then another view with a couple of nice miles to get a change of view.

WL is my favorite. The Epcot resorts would be second. I hate running at Poly its just back and forth and back and forth between GF and Poly. CSR is great because you can run around the lake or you can run down to Blizzard Beach. Akl would have to be the worst because you can't run there.

I would love to get people's "top" lists for runners.

My best experience was at the Boardwalk. I liked running around the loop. I didn't have as much luck at Saratoga Springs and Animal Kingdom Villas, as I couldn't quite figure out the best path.

What do you think?

SSR has great running paths. You can run all around the resort and over to DTD and then on to OKW. At WL and VWL, you can run from there over to FW and around FW.

AKV/AKL there is no place to run except back and forth between Kidani Village and Jambo House on the half mile path.

But check out this site for different runs at WDW.
http://www.disneyrunning.com/index.html

SSR has great running paths. You can run all around the resort and over to DTD and then on to OKW. At WL and VWL, you can run from there over to FW and around FW.

AKV/AKL there is no place to run except back and forth between Kidani Village and Jambo House on the half mile path.

But check out this site for different runs at WDW.
http://www.disneyrunning.com/index.html

Is that run at SSR all trails/paths, or is some of it on the road? Perhaps I was just disoriented since it was my first time there, but I kept hitting spots where I had to run on the road.

My daughter runs every day at CBR. She loves the views and running around the lake.

Is that run at SSR all trails/paths, or is some of it on the road? Perhaps I was just disoriented since it was my first time there, but I kept hitting spots where I had to run on the road.

You might be running on the sidewalks. You won't be running anywhere after 9AM or so. You need to get that running done early in the day, like when the sun comes up.

DH loved the Boardwalk area to jog, but also enjoyed CBR at a much more economical price. ;)

My Dh love CSR and POR (FQ also) but doesnt like AKL...,however he enjoys the fitness center alot at AKL (plus CL ;) ) so it's a trade off

Heather

My favorites in order:

1. Wilderness Lodge/Ft Wilderness because you can jog on the path between them and all around Ft. W without getting repetitive. I got lost in FW last time I went for a run therefrom WL, ended up with 5.5 miles (when I meant to do 4), and didn't feel like I saw the whole place. This is the only area where I feel you can get some decent distance without passing the same things over and over again.
2. Boardwalk area - I like the loop, out and back to HS, and running around the Swolphin.
3. Poly/GF/Shades - if you cross the street to SoG, you can add in an out and back to that hotel as well. I also loop around the TTC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter