Best Resort Restaurant?

Alice777

DIS Veteran
Hello,
My son and I've been to Disney World twice and did most of the sit-down restaurants in the Parks and few in Disney Spring.
We'll be at Disney this May and want to try something new.

Any recommendations on Resort Restaurants (no dress code restaurants)? I love seafood but my son doesn't eat seafood so it needs to be somewhere that has both.

Thank you

Olivia’s is a hidden gem. It is a solid performer year after year. You can never go wrong here

character meals and buffets
boma is a must do. Love boma
cape May is very popular. You both could enjoy that one

i don’t know that I would bypass any resort ts (except ohana, not a fan)

I’ll disagree on Cape May. We thought the seafood wasn’t good and we had two non-seafood eaters who said their food was terrible and ended up getting a quick service meal at Beach Club after we ate. Boma was really good first time but second time we found hair in two separate soups, which really grossed me out.

We enjoyed The Wave at Contemporary. Broad range of items and good food. Trying Sanaa next trip, which people generally seem to like.

Our favorite was Boma. though we haven't tried many other resort restaurants. Although its not very fishy

Saana is good, but different, it was a 1 and done for us.

For non signatures at resorts- Ohana, The Wave, Sanaa, Boma, Trattoria Al Forno are some I enjoy a lot. Like Beaches and Cream too but that is comfort food and maybe not what OP is looking for.

I find Cape May, Ale and Compass, Kona, Whipering Canyon, Olivia's, Big River, Turf Club, ESPN Club, Grand Flo Cafe, 1900 Park Fare and Boatwright's to be so-so. Not bad but not spectacular.

We also did the one at Caribbean Beach before it changed names (I think to Sebastians) and thought it was really good. Same with the Coronado one, Maya Grill. It was pretty good.

Chef Mickey's was not great last time. Cafe Rix was blech too recently.

Last edited:
Sanaa (AKL): One of the better spots at Disney. While not exactly authentic or exotic, it does offer a broader variety of spices and herbs than most other Disney restaurants. They have scallops, shrimp, and and a fish on the menu. Best of all, though, is the bread service that opens the meal. Superb. Cost is moderate by Disney standards.

Il Mulino (Swan): Italian, and while it's listed as a signature meal, it's much more laid back as it's a convention hotel. The Italian is likely the best on Disney property, and one of the unique features is that you can get small plates for any pasta dish which helps conserve money. Very nice wine list, too. They have grouper, salmon, shrimp, and a cioppino (served with pasta) in addition to the more standard fare.

Hands-down, Jiko. I love their sustainable fish and malva pudding for dessert. DH always enjoys the filet mignon with mac and cheese.

Just got back from a stay at AKL. We usually hit up a number of resort restaurants each trip. This trip, I went to Story Book, California Grill, Sanaa, Boma dinner, the Wave lunch, Cape May breakfast, and Jiko (as far as resort dining goes). Sanaa, the Wave and Jiko came out on top and Sanaa still holds the spot as my favorite resort restaurant. I went to Boma to give it a second chance, since my first visit (nearly 10 yrs ago), was just meh. I can't fairly review it this time, because this time I went in with two major dietary restrictions and I was extremely limited on what I could eat from the buffet. They did try and bring me some things from the back to make up for some of what I couldn't consume, which really was awesome, but it still paled in comparison to what I ate at the top three.

Il Mulino, Jiko, Storybook and Cali Grill are all great but they're signatures and OP seemed to want a more low key place. Toledo is signature too (also very good).

Last edited:
Sebastian’s, Olivias, Turf Club, Toledo, Whispering Canyon Cafe, Trail’s End/Hoop Dee Doo

Il Mulino, Jiko, Storybook and Cali Grill are all great but they're signatures and OP seemed to want a more low key place.
. . .which is why I did mention in my post specifically that although Il Mulino was listed as signature, it is a more laid back, relaxed vibe that approaches many TS restaurants. pirate:

. . .which is why I did mention in my post specifically that although Il Mulino was listed as signature, it is a more laid back, relaxed vibe that approaches many TS restaurants. pirate:
I need to give it a try. I see you mentioned small plates. Might have to pop in there in May. We peeked in when we ate at Shula's in the fall and it looked and smelled nice. I agree it does seem more low key for a signature. As is the Storybook (in WL). Cali Grill, Jiko and Toledo are more upscale and dressy as well as pricey. Though Toledo also has small plates. And is very yummy.

I need to give it a try. I see you mentioned small plates. Might have to pop in there in May. We peeked in when we ate at Shula's in the fall and it looked and smelled nice. I agree it does seem more low key for a signature. As is the Storybook (in WL). Cali Grill, Jiko and Toledo are more upscale and dressy as well as pricey. Though Toledo also has small plates. And is very yummy.
We're thinking about doing Toledo down the road. Would you recommend it? Any particular items? :)

Hello,
My son and I've been to Disney World twice and did most of the sit-down restaurants in the Parks and few in Disney Spring.
We'll be at Disney this May and want to try something new.

Any recommendations on Resort Restaurants (no dress code restaurants)? I love seafood but my son doesn't eat seafood so it needs to be somewhere that has both.

Thank you

Our favorites and must dos for many years in a row have been Cape May in the Beach Club (has both seafood and non for every diner) and 'Ohana at Polynesian. They are both terrific and we have never been disappointed.

We love Kona Cafe, boma, sebastians and Narcoossee’s. Narcoossee’s is a seafood restaurant but my husband doesn’t eat seafood and he had a great steak there. If you time your dinner you can go out in the veranda and watch MK fireworks

We like California Grill. The pork is amazing! It's been on the menu since the restaurant opened; it's that good.

Others we enjoy:
Boma
Jiko
Sanaa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!