Best resort for that Christmas feeling?

C&Jx2

It’s me! Soldier’s*Sweeties!
Hi guys! I’m working out a 2021 Christmas trip.

We LOVE Christmas... Especially my husband known for being a grouch! He goes all out, loves the holiday, and everything about it. I know he’ll love the holiday season at WDW too, I’m just wondering what resort has the best decorations, or just screams Christmas? While I’d be just fine with subdued holiday decor, my kids and husband prefer the “Christmas just threw-up all over” look :rotfl:

Last thanksgiving at wl I kept thinking I WAS A STAR in a Hallmark Movie 😂

Cl was a nice perk too. The lounge up there was decorated as well.

I posted pix last year end of nov on wl and club level threads.

Last edited:

Hi guys! I’m working out a 2021 Christmas trip.

We LOVE Christmas... Especially my husband known for being a grouch! He goes all out, loves the holiday, and everything about it. I know he’ll love the holiday season at WDW too, I’m just wondering what resort has the best decorations, or just screams Christmas? While I’d be just fine with subdued holiday decor, my kids and husband prefer the “Christmas just threw-up all over” look :rotfl:

I see you're from NY. As a fellow NYer, one thing I found about being in a tropical locale for the holidays is that seeing Christmas decorations in 80-degree weather feels weird and a bit amusing to me. I don't have a lot of useful info to add on resort decorations, I just wanted to manage your expectations if your family hasn't been in the southern US for the holidays.

Wilderness Lodge. To me, this resort has the most Christmassy feel of any of the WDW resorts. In second place--with a large gap between first and second place--is the Grand Floridian. In third place, AKL (Jambo). Very beautifully decorated. Boardwalk Inn is very pretty at Christmas as well. But none of the others comes close to WL for that all-out Christmas atmosphere.

I know that Wilderness Lodge gets a lot of love for their Christmas decorations and the feel of the resort that time of year. But it does nothing for me.

I personally love POFQ. I love the jazzy Christmas loop that’s played. I love the wreaths in the food court, the lobby smell and the lobby decorations.

Google some resort images at Christmas time to see what you might love. :)

I see you're from NY. As a fellow NYer, one thing I found about being in a tropical locale for the holidays is that seeing Christmas decorations in 80-degree weather feels weird and a bit amusing to me. I don't have a lot of useful info to add on resort decorations, I just wanted to manage your expectations if your family hasn't been in the southern US for the holidays.
I grew up in FL. But thanks! It’s good to remember :)

All of the Disney resorts are decorated at Christmas, and what I love about that is there are so many different styles of Christmas decor to choose from. Tropical Christmas? Polynesian. Victorian Christmas? Grand Floridian. Northwest forest Christmas? Wilderness Lodge. Do you want the resort with the very biggest tree? Animal Kingdom Lodge. The resort with the most creative life-sized gingerbread display? Beach Club, for its life-sized gingerbread carousel. Grand Floridian has a life-sized gingerbread house. Each resort's tree has decorations themed to that resort. None of us can tell you the style you want to be surrounded by at Christmas. Just reflect on that and then choose your resort. There are tons of pictures online to help you decide. Just make sure you're looking at pics from the last couple of years, as some resorts' displays have changed and/or been reduced over the past several years.

Last edited:
I know that Wilderness Lodge gets a lot of love for their Christmas decorations and the feel of the resort that time of year. But it does nothing for me.

Me either. I am not an outdoorsy person & don’t find the Christmas decor at WL appealing at all. I love the Epcot resorts. The YC’s train & miniature winter wonderland display is amazing. So many cute little hidden characters & fun things to find. I love old fashioned glass ornaments & The Boardwalk has beautiful ones displayed. And the gingerbread carousel at Beach Club is really cute.

My son and I would be into the gingerbread, but my husband and daughter love trees. I mean... It’s not as though I don’t have time for some research, I just enjoy everyone’s opinions here :thumbsup2

There's no argument that Wilderness Lodge is beautiful, but several other resorts do a great job depending on your tastes. Pop Century does a great Christmas with emphasis on 50's and 60's. Coronado Springs Christmas is absolutely beautiful and I imagine with the opening of the Destino Tower, that will only be enhanced. Grand Floridian looks beautiful, but is NOT my style. I'd "youtube" some of the resorts at christmas and see what fits your/ your husband's style best.

That's exactly how I describe IASW Holiday at DLR! But since you can't stay there....... I'm going to suggest the Wilderness Lodge.
How was the rest of the Christmas decor/activities? I’m not opposed to DLR.

Christmas 2018 I took a resorts tour to view all the various displays. For me, the winner was....Beach Club! Enjoy!

How was the rest of the Christmas decor/activities? I’m not opposed to DLR.

And the Haunted Mansion has a holiday overlay like IASW. "Where Halloween & Christmas collide" all things Jack Skellington.

Overall, I was impressed with decorations at DLR above what WDW does (for fall). I took my kids to DLR, they did not do WDW with me but I sent them picks. They questioned the lack of decor.

And back then (have to check out current offerings) they were making it snow in SoCal in a special nighttime event.

They also had a special holiday parade.

Getting cookies & hot chocolate in the evening was a nice touch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter