Best resort for Solo traveler?

missy28

<font color=purple>unnaturly obsessed with all thi
I'm heading south in March for my first solo trip, looking forward to a quiet, relaxing time... which resort, without regard to price, would be the best place for me? I want to steer clear of TONS of kids at the resort, but don't mind them in general. Any ideas?

I'd have to second that...CBR was wonderful. The quiet pools were just that...quiet. It was a great place to relax when not at the parks.

It really depends on your budget and your priorities for the parks, etc. If a deluxe is in your budget, the AKL is a beautiful relaxing resort with a gorgeous pool. There are kids there, of course, but not as many babies/toddlers as the other deluxes where we've stayed. There is also a decent fast food restaurant for quick meals.
I also love the whole Epcot area, so you might consider the Beach Club or another Epcot resort - so nice to be able to walk into the World Showcase and around the Boardwalk at night!
If a moderate is more in your budget - we really enjoy CSR. The Pepper Market is a great quick restaurant with lots of variety, and the pool is awesome and relaxing.
I stayed at Riverside once solo, and thought the grounds were very pretty and the boat ride to Downtown Disney is fun and relaxing. I prefer CSR overall, though.

Good luck deciding!!

I like VWL for relaxing. The quiet pool/Hot tub by the Villas at night with the piped in wildlife can put you to sleep.

I would suggest the YC because of the location. You can spend evenings at the Boardwalk, stroll back to the YC. They have a private pool, jacuzzi, as well as Strom-a-long Bay and they have a nice health club. This is a beautiful resort and seems to be alittle quieter than the Beach Club. Enjoy yourself!:bounce:

This is going to sound heretical but I like the Dolphin. It is on Disney property a short walk from Boardwalk and Epcot, a great location. It caters mostly to convention people so most of the guests are adults. There are <i>some</i> children but for the most part the guests are adults. I like the teacher's discount of $139/night.

If you book a king room at the Dolphin on an odd numbered floor you get <b>two</b> balconies, one a covered corner balcony. I love that part :)

In the moderates, I LOVE Port Orleans French Quarter. In the deluxes, I enjoyed the Polynesian & Wilderness Lodge. I had room 1913 at the Polynesian and it was very quiet and the view is beautiful. You can see the lagoon and the GF. There are 2 beaches at the Polynesian, but I found the one in front of the Tahiti building to be much quieter than the beach that is near the main pool. Also, the main pool is usually crowded, but I found the quiet pool less crowded (with no one early in the morning). The WL was nice too. Instead of the main hot tub & pool, I used the one at the villas and found it a little less crowded.

I am heading for the Port Orleans/French Quarter. It sounds like a good choice for adults without private transportation. The idea of the boat to DTD was also appealing. :bounce:

The WL or the VWL don't have a lot of children running around. POFQ and RS are both nice to without having to spend a lot of money. Like native tx above you can get nice rooms at the Dolphin/Swan for a great price with Priceline but you do have to watch out as you may get another resort hotel.

missy
when are you going in march? I am thinking about going sometime between 3/14-3/19
Did you decide where you are going to stay? I'm looking at a deal for Coranado Springs.

tigger71

I did the CBR in late February and found it very relaxing and quiet. The only complaint I had was with my walk to and from the food court. Next time I stay there I'll have a car.

The Yacht Club is classy and is within walking distance of all the wonderful things Disney can offer to the grown-up, solo or otherwise.

If you ask for a room overlooking their quiet pool, you will be pleasantly surprised. I took some laundry over to their facilities (located right near the quiet pool) and while waiting for it to be done, I took a dip and a respite from my two "men." It was, without a doubt, the most refreshing place I have ever experienced at DisneyWorld. The children were over at their exciting sequence of pools called"Stormalong Bay". The building creates an "L" shape, which gives you even more privacy. The Dolphin hotel's huge dolphin tail can be seen over the trees, but that's about it.

Try it and I promise you it will deliver just what you want!

Good luck, Wilma:wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter