Best resort for family of 5

danalea10

Mouseketeer
We will be going to back to Disney world in Oct 2021. Our kids will be 16, 16 and 14. It will be my husband and me and the 3 teens. We are trying to decide which resort to stay at that will be the most comfortable. In the past we stayed at all star movies, animal kingdom 2 bedroom suite, and Caribbean beach resort. We would like to stay somewhere different this time. Any suggestions from families that have 5 or more would be especially appreciated but we would love any suggestions

Our family of five loved the Beach Club. Our son was comfortable on the daybed and the room didn’t feel too crowded. They loved being able to walk to Epcot and Hollywood Studios and they were old enough to go off by themselves, although they mostly wanted to stay together.

We will be going to back to Disney world in Oct 2021. Our kids will be 16, 16 and 14. It will be my husband and me and the 3 teens. We are trying to decide which resort to stay at that will be the most comfortable. In the past we stayed at all star movies, animal kingdom 2 bedroom suite, and Caribbean beach resort. We would like to stay somewhere different this time. Any suggestions from families that have 5 or more would be especially appreciated but we would love any suggestions

Depends on your activity level, but autum at Copper Creek is lovely and you’ll be hard pressed to find a better place to gather than the lobby. Boat ride to the Magic kingdom and to Contemporary to catch the monorail to EPCOT is a hoot.

How about connecting rooms at Pop Century? Skyliner, own bus, refurbed rooms, and you can walk to Art of Animation if you wanted.

I can't imagine 5 adult sized people in one small room with one small bathroom.

I would agree with 2 rooms at Pop or maybe offsite in a 2-3 bedroom at Wyndham Bonnet Creek.

Our family of five loved the Beach Club. Our son was comfortable on the daybed and the room didn’t feel too crowded. They loved being able to walk to Epcot and Hollywood Studios and they were old enough to go off by themselves, although they mostly wanted to stay together.
This where we stay also with our 5. Plenty of room in the room (we don’t spend a lot of time in the room anyway) and the best pool on property, especially for that age range!

Just remember if you get two rooms anywhere connecting rooms are only a request- never a guarantee no matter what a CM tells you.

Enjoy your trip!

We did Port Orleans Riverside in 2016 which was nice and worked out pretty well, although it was a bit difficult with one bathroom. Kids were 16, 13, 10. Last year we went with just the two youngest as our oldest was at college and did fine in one room at All Star Sports. In 2020, we are planning to go all 5 of us together again. I am looking at 2 rooms at POP. We will ask for connecting, but if it doesn't happen, that's okay, we don't hang out in the room much. We will definitely need 2 bathrooms and more room as the kids will be 14, 17, 20, so everybody will be adult sized. Cost is an issue for us, so we don't even look at deluxe.

We're a family of five. Wilderness cabin was a nice stay for us. The Dolphin/Swan was too small of a room. Two rooms at little mermaid was great. Two rooms at all star sports was less fun but we had neighbors who booked a number of rooms and tailgated in the walkway. Offsite at staybridge suites was comfortable but out of the disney bubble (but the free breakfast was great).

We found it helpful to rent a car when staying at the wilderness cabin. It definitely felt more connected to florida wildlife and nature to be staying there. It's very distinctive from our other stays. We cooked breakfast in the kitchen but ate at the parks for our other meals.

Depends on your activity level, but autum at Copper Creek is lovely and you’ll be hard pressed to find a better place to gather than the lobby. Boat ride to the Magic kingdom and to Contemporary to catch the monorail to EPCOT is a hoot.
Copper Creek would require either a Copper Creek cabin or a two bedroom villa. The one bedroom villa only sleeps four. The Copper Creek cabin is much more luxurious than the Ft Wilderness Cabin.

We recently stayed at the Grand Floridian Villas and we loved them... my 14 year old son loved sleeping on the bed under the Flat screen

I’ll be back at the beach club with my family of 5 next week. Kids are 12, 14, 16. Close to the action, great pool, oldest two like to go to Epcot to eat on their own sometimes. Day bed is great.

We stay at the poly with 5 all the time. My kids are 17,14 and 12. We tend to spend a lot of our time at the resort and we never feel cramped at the Poly. Having one bathroom is not a problem for us and the convertible couch to bed is very comfortable. Trying a DVC longhouse in February.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter