Best Resort for Ease of Access from Parks

mrspurple

Earning My Ears
I am a newbie to Universal, I apologize if this isn't a good question. I went to the universal site to try to see where the hotels are etc, but I am not sure how the internal transportation works (if there is any). I wanted to ask which of the 3 Universal hotels that offer Express Passes is the best for access from parks for afternoon resting or in case my mom wants to go back to the hotel with our littlest ones earlier than the rest of us? We will possibly only be staying one night (2 park days) and so it would mainly be for the first day (once the rooms become available).
Thanks!

All three are simple. She can take the boat to each or walk easily to Hard Rock or Royal Pacific. Portofino is a bit further but still walkable (about 20 minutes).

Check in time to the 3 deluxe hotels is 4 pm

Of course if rooms are ready earlier, you would have access to the room

Just saying this as since you will only be there one night, might not be able to do an afternoon break until 4

Luggage can be held for you when you check in no matter what time it is
And, you can have it delivered to your room once room has been assigned

Closest hotel to the studios is hrh
Very short walk back to HRH

RPH closest to IOA

Check in time to the 3 deluxe hotels is 4 pm

Of course if rooms are ready earlier, you would have access to the room

Just saying this as since you will only be there one night, might not be able to do an afternoon break until 4

Luggage can be held for you when you check in no matter what time it is
And, you can have it delivered to your room once room has been assigned

Closest hotel to the studios is hrh
Very short walk back to HRH

RPH closest to IOA
Thanks! I figured it would be in the 3-4 range, but good to know it is at 4 PM.

You all could do the parks early morning once you check into the hotel and get your room key cards

Your mom and the kitties could relax at the pool early afternoon for a break if the room is not ready

Some days rooms could be ready when a person checks in if the room was not used the night prior

It would be in the inventory if available rooms that day

Has anyone ever measured walking from RPR to Islands? I'm not so sure it's closer than Hard Rock. The walk to each security point is shorter from Hard Rock. From there, it's either past Studios, Cafe and Toothsome, or from RPR, you have to walk over the bridge.

Yes there is such a thread

It was a sticky at one time and a person measured the distance from each hotel to the two parks

When I unstickied that thread, it dropped to past pages

It is still available to read

Poster that set it up was Bluer 101

Right now that thread is on page 17

January 2017 it was active

It covers how many feet to walk for hrh, PBH, rpr and Cbay

Sfalls was not open at the time bluer101 did the walk from both parks for the 4 hotels and listed the info

I guess the real question is what is most important to you? Given each of the 3 Deluxe hotels have water taxi access, there really isn't too much difference getting to/from any of them.

So if cost is more important, you can pick whichever is the least expensive (with RPR usually being less expensive for the same room types, HRH being in the middle and PBR being the most expensive.) And while you can pool hop, given you only have 1 night, that might be more of a hassle than useful. If you really want a slide with the pool, then RPR won't be a good choice, but if you think an interactive water play area would be nice, then RPR might work out best. Do you want a hotel with an adult only pool? PBR is the only one with that (and they have an onsite SPA as well.) The rooms will tend to be a little smaller in size at RPR, a little larger at HRH with PBR having the largest standard room sizes. If cost and the pool aren't really a big deal, do you think you might each dinner at one of the hotel restaurants? If so, you might want to pick that hotel to make keep excess travel time down. And finally each does have a different "theme". So if a particular "theme" appeals to you more, go with that one. :)

PPs have it covered, but we like HRH best for ease of access to the parks. IMO, Hard Rock is closer to Universal than RPR is to IOA. I don't know actual distances, but we've stayed at both hotels several times and walked many times, and the RPR walk feels longer. We will sometimes take the water taxi when staying at RPR, but only rarely take it from HRH. We also spend more time at Universal compared to IOA, which also makes HRH more convenient for us as well.

Yes !

Rpr is closer to IOA
Hrh is closer to the studios

It was walked and measured by using the direct walking paths from the hotels
The Orlando Informer website also has a Google map function with the walks measured.

Yes saw that sometime back

Walks to the park from the hotel I stay in isn’t the deciding factor for me

It is rare that I make many return trips back to my room once I am in the park

Exception is during the hhn season
Do the parks in the morning and return late afternoon to change clothes for hhn then back to the park

I know many return frequently to the hotel for pool or nap time and closeness to the hotel is important

I think that the Universal transportation- boats, buses, are always very efficient. I wouldn't worry which hotel to stay at based on transportation- pick the one that suits your taste and budget!

Has anyone ever measured walking from RPR to Islands? I'm not so sure it's closer than Hard Rock. The walk to each security point is shorter from Hard Rock. From there, it's either past Studios, Cafe and Toothsome, or from RPR, you have to walk over the bridge.

Since the question has come up again, I copied the post from page 17 in this section

It was done by Bluer101 and was a sticky at one time.
He listed the point where he started the measuring.

The following is from Bluer101's post of January 23, 2017:

Here is all the answers here no more guessing. :thumbsup2

https://www.universalorlando.com/Hotels/On-site-Hotels-Comparison.aspx#

Ok, I did some rough numbers for your walking pleasure.

These are rough numbers and can give or take some feet.:-)

US ending point is center gate turnstile.
IOA ending point is center gate turnstile.

CBR
Starting point at corner of CBR property

Walking to IOA 3653 ft
Walking to US 4628 ft
Walking from shuttle bus to IOA 1945 ft
Walking from shuttle bus to US 1995 ft

RPR
Starting point at pool exit by volleyball beach.

Walking to IOA 2182 ft
Walking to US 3173 ft

HRH
Starting point at pool gate.

Walking to US 1295 ft
Walking to IOA 2313 ft

PBH
Starting point at boat dock.

Walking to US 3945 ft
Walking to IO 4935 ft

PBH Short cut through HRH parking lot and Universal Blvd crossover.
Starting point at boat dock.

Walking to US 2843 ft
Walking to IOA 3824 ft

From CW water taxi
Starting point at center of CW boat dock.

Walking to US 830 ft
Walking to IOA 993 ft

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!