best resort for december stay?

jgperkin

DIS Veteran
Which resort do you recommend for a xmas stay at disney? I would love a deluxe moderate and value choice as we are not sure on budget yet but I would love love love deluxe. ;-) looking for beautiful decorations etc to put us in the xmas spirit!

To me, very few resorts offer the Xmas feel like WL. While I've never stayed there, I visit just about every time we go and it's just amazing. The tree, the decorations are all top notch. For a Moderate choice, I very much like POR. They too have a wonderful tree in the lobby, lots of decorations and I think it's the best mod on top of that. I have never visited the values, so I will have to leave that to someone else....sorry!

deluxe WL or AKL
moderate - POR
value - POP

also love
deluxe - GF, BC, YC, bw
moderate - CSR, POFQ
value - ASMo

Either the WL or GF! No question.

Look at the decorations at both resorts and see which appeal to you more. I think they are equally impressive, but personally preferred the victorian Christmas feel at the GF. Note that the WL lobby is significantly more quiet than the GF lobby, though, since it is not on the monorail-- not sure how much crowds may factor into your decision.

Have a great time! We absolutely loved our December stay. :santa:

I'm am just so excited about this trip!!!! As you can see from our signature we aren't new to Disney....however my hubby works for a heating and ac company...we live near buffalo ny and heating season is crazy for him... They are usually not allowed to take any time off sept-march. Dh spoke with his boss regarding this trip a few months ago... We only have one dd and can't have anymore due to complications... We try so hard to make life magical for her and we want to enjoy one Xmas trip with her while she still believes in Santa....I digress.... Anyways I appreciate all the responses and I have been looking at the royal princess rooms at port Orleans too... Really going between there and wilderness lodge I am thinking... Thanks again!!!!!!

All of the resorts are beautifully decorated for the holidays, but the WL is our favorite that time of year. The lobby is breathtaking and has a warm, cozy feeling with the huge fireplace in the center surrounded by rocking chairs :cloud9:. You will have a great time no matter which resort you choose as Disney at Christmas time is amazing, but if the WL is within your budget, that would be my choice :goodvibes.

I've never been to a deluxe during Christmas...but will next year! We are staying at WL!!!! I can't wait! I love Christmas and feel this resort will definitely put us in the Christmas mood!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter