Best resort for active 70 year old couple

mrsstats

<font color=blue>Sure sister's cat is as big as a
Dh and I looking to stay onsite. Looking for moderate priced resort. Suggestions pleae

I really like POFQ. It’s small and quaint and feels like New Orleans. The other mods were too big for me even back when I was in my 50’s!

I have stayed at and enjoyed POFQ, Coronado Springs, the Swan, and Pop, but also want to throw in renting DVC points for a studio villa. Price can be comparable to a moderate and the resorts are very nice. Our favorite is the Boardwalk, which can be more in demand in the fall during food & wine, we are staying at Old Key West next.

The French Quarter is beautiful if you don't mind a smaller resort. This place has romantic vibe about it that is great for spending quality time with your significant other, especially if you enjoy taking a scenic stroll along the water way. I highly recommend this resort!

I’d also suggest POFQ. I think it’s great for couples in general. You may be active 70 You’s, but it’s smaller footprint lets you pick where you walk that day instead of the large distances at some of the mods just to get around the resort. Coronado in a Tower Room is another idea, along with Swan/Dolphin.

Depends on what you like to do and what your vibe is. I'm 65 and moderately active. I love CS, have never stayed in the tower and have never found the resort too big to walk to any location. There are some really good restaurants there and I just like the adult vibe. I agree with others you should check out Dolphin. I stay there a lot, have a split stay coming up in April. I love being able to walk to two parks and around to BW. I love the pool area. The only problem with it, is if you are comparing prices you need to make sure you factor in their resort fee and their parking fees, if you have a car, are a tad higher than WDW. I've found sometimes CS can be $50 a night less, sometimes equal. As far as renting points, I haven't had good luck with getting a studio. That might be on me though since I rarely look at going any longer than 2 or 3 months out and if you want to rent points, you usually need to be at least 9 months out. I'm also not a fan of the fact that in most cases, they are non-refundable. I change my mind a lot.

DH and I love the French Quarter. Smaller resort with boat transportation to Disney Springs!

Going to be 70 this summer and have owned DVC for a long time. However, when booking cash my go to is the Dolphin. Close proximity to two parks, lovely boat ride, beautiful walking paths and access to tons of great food. I don’t bring a car, so cost even with resort fee is equivalent to a moderate… with all the same park perks as deluxe reservation!

Over the years, though, I’ve “slept around” lol. For a moderate my choice would be FQ… much more compact, lovely theming and boat to DS.

Enjoy your trip!

I'm in your age group and have done two trips to POFQ. I love this resort for many reasons and would be there if price wasn't such a big cost factor for me right now. I've also stayed at POP and that's where I will be this fall. I've also done All Star Sports which was okay (it's the first and often the only stop for a bus to the parks but Pop is so much better for many reasons! Years ago we did CBR but it has dramatically changed since the Skyliner and the building of the Riviera. I would seriously consider this resort if I got a room close to the Skyliner and wanted to eat at the Riviera sometimes.

I think some of your choice has to be determined by whether you want to use the Skyliner or depend upon buses most of the trip. Other than taking a boat to Disney Springs by boat you have no choice at POFQ but buses or Uber etc. to get to the parks. If you're driving your own car then many resorts like any All Star or a DVC studio at OKW etc. would be possible. Also the trip dates could be factor especially if you want to get a DVC studio (many spring and fall dates are already unavailable).

Let us know what your general dates are, how flexible they are and we might be able to offer more specific advice. And I am jealous that your DH still wants to go to WDW! Mine gave up this year so it's back to going with a friend or solo which is fine too!

Last edited:
I guess old key west isn’t miderate but my husband and I, mud 70s, love it for tennis, fitness room, walking, shuffle board, boat to Disney springs etc. it also has pickleball court. We bring our tennis rackets and Play every day. Boardwalk and animal kingdom also has courts.

Lots of us your age recommend POFQ. I also love POR, and since I'm using an ECV now, the distances don't bother me. The main thing I prefer at POR is the food court there has more offerings I like.

We enjoy OKW. Quiet and comfortable, clean and spacious rooms. Still close enough for a quick jaunt to the parks.

Coronado Springs or Caribbean Beach. Both are large resorts with multiple pools, moderate level rooms, and good locations. CB also has the Skyliner and you can walk to Riviera.

CB does have a lot of kids, but they are pretty much all concentrated at the main pool and its two waterslides.

Coronado Springs or Caribbean Beach. Both are large resorts with multiple pools, moderate level rooms, and good locations. CB also has the Skyliner and you can walk to Riviera.

CB does have a lot of kids, but they are pretty much all concentrated at the main pool and its two waterslides.
I second Caribbean Beach for the same reasons.

If you are going deluxe, I would say beach club. It is a bit quieter and is easy walk to Epcot or Skyliner and still walkable to HS.

Poly is always awesome too. MK fireworks from the beach are cool.

When we stayed at moderates, we loved Riverside.
Looking at the current ones, staying at Grand Destino tower would be hard to top as a moderate.

As far as the Mods go, I really like both POFQ and the Gran Destino Tower. If you're looking for a Disney vibe--and by that I don't mean in-your-face cartoon graphics but instead a general overall theming--then I might suggest you don't consider the Swan/Dolphin, which, to me, feel like hotels that could be anywhere.

As for renting DVC points, just be aware that in most cases, you cannot modify or cancel your reservation, so that's something to take into serious consideration. When you book a resort directly through Disney, there are generous cancellation and change policies.

My experience at the Values is that the walls are paper-thin. If room-to-room noise wouldn't bother you, than that's another resort category for you to consider.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter