Best QS locations at DHS, AK, BW and DD?

arihillfarm

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for the best quick/counter service restaurants at Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, Downtown Disney (any part of DD) and the Boardwalk. I have an upcoming trip planned for April with my best friend, but it will be a quick trip, noon Fri. to mid-afternoon Mon. We already have the Wishes Dessert Party and Rose and Crown for Illuminations planned OOP and are considering getting the QS dining plan to cover most of the rest. With that said, we're not hamburger and fry people and are looking for more "exotic" or different foods and possibly a little "service" for a QS meal like what you get at WP Express at DD or will get at BOG for lunch. Specifically looking for lunch suggestions at AK (I've tried FTB, any other suggestions?) and lunch or dinner at DHS and dinners at DD and BW since we still haven't finalized our plans for one afternoon and evening.

Thank you!!
-Astrid

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for the best quick/counter service restaurants at Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, Downtown Disney (any part of DD) and the Boardwalk. I have an upcoming trip planned for April with my best friend, but it will be a quick trip, noon Fri. to mid-afternoon Mon. We already have the Wishes Dessert Party and Rose and Crown for Illuminations planned OOP and are considering getting the QS dining plan to cover most of the rest. With that said, we're not hamburger and fry people and are looking for more "exotic" or different foods and possibly a little "service" for a QS meal like what you get at WP Express at DD or will get at BOG for lunch. Specifically looking for lunch suggestions at AK (I've tried FTB, any other suggestions?) and lunch or dinner at DHS and dinners at DD and BW since we still haven't finalized our plans for one afternoon and evening.

Thank you!!
-Astrid

The only QS that is a must for me is WGPE (marketplace location). The food is phenominal. Spag/balls, meatloaf, pizza & cheesecake are all to die for. I highly recommend it.

Other than that, and the french bakery in epcot, i dont really have any other QS faves. :confused3

Hi everyone,

Thank you!!
-Astrid

FlameTree is my pick at AK, although if you wanted to go over to explore AKL (10 minute bus ride or so), The Mara has some interesting choices, as well.

At DHS, I like Fairfax Fare for the ribs and chicken BBQ plates, but they also have a chili salad and some "gourmet" hot dogs. I'll also make a suggestion that applies equally to the Boardwalk area: Go to Epcot for the remaining evening (if you have ParkHoppers). The Friendship Boats will drop you off at the International Gateway entrance to Epcot, and you can hit up places like Tangierine Café, Katsura Grill, and, if you head up to FutureWorld, Sunshine Seasons; all good to very good QS locations.

For DTD, WPE is a great bargain on the dining plan, and I like Earl of Sandwich, but they are cheap enough that I'd be better off going OOP there.

We totally recommend WPE at DTD too, it was the QS bargain of our trip. I LOVED the Meatloaf sandwich!

Flame Tree at AK was very good too, and has a lot more seating that it first seems and the food has a different smokey but very good barbecue flavor.

If you make the trip to Mara there are more traditioanl burgers and stuff, and don't miss out on the Zebra domes for dessert. Mmmmm.

I'm realizing we didn't do any QS at HS, instead we hopped on the boats and headed for Epcot, but that's just how it worked out for us.

Flame Tree BBQ is the best at Animal Kingdom! the food is great and I love how many different areas there are to sit in.

Backlot Express is our favorite at Hollywood studios. Nothing really fancy there though.

And LOVE Earl of Sandwich. So many yummy sandwiches and salads!

@DHS don't miss Starring Rolls Cafe. really good sandwiches for lunch but also great if all you want is a snack. the specialty cupcakes are amazing!

Flame tree BBQ @ AK

Columbia Harbor House at MK

EPCOT has too many to name! but for variety sake I would say the food court in the Land pavilion (Sunshine Seasons)

Thank you everyone! I like the suggestion of Mara with the Zebra Domes. We were disappointed we'd miss out on Boma and the Zebra Domes this trip. How many do you get as a dessert at Mara? We could bus over to AKL from AK for lunch and take the bus from AKL to DHS which was the kind-of planned next stop that afternoon.

We've both eaten at WP Express at DTD and FTB at AK and love them both, but were looking for something we hadn't tried yet and that we may have overlooked. Is Cookes of Dublin a QS restaurant? Looking at the menu and prices on allears.net, it seems like it might be.

-Astrid

DHS-Backlot Express
AK- Lots of people will say Flame tree but I prefer Restuarantasoures
BW-No idea
DD- Wolfgang Puck's FTW

FlameTree is my pick at AK, although if you wanted to go over to explore AKL (10 minute bus ride or so), The Mara has some interesting choices, as well.

At DHS, I like Fairfax Fare for the ribs and chicken BBQ plates, but they also have a chili salad and some "gourmet" hot dogs. I'll also make a suggestion that applies equally to the Boardwalk area: Go to Epcot for the remaining evening (if you have ParkHoppers). The Friendship Boats will drop you off at the International Gateway entrance to Epcot, and you can hit up places like Tangierine Café, Katsura Grill, and, if you head up to FutureWorld, Sunshine Seasons; all good to very good QS locations.

For DTD, WPE is a great bargain on the dining plan, and I like Earl of Sandwich, but they are cheap enough that I'd be better off going OOP there.

We are already spending 1 1/2 days at Epcot, so we had planned to eat at Tangierine Cafe which is always good, Rose and Crown for dinner and a yet to be decided QS lunch the second day. I haven't tried Katsura Grill or Sunshine Seasons, so thank you for the suggestions!

-Astrid

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter