Best priced grocery store near WDW??

luvestodizz

Mouseketeer
We always go to Publix to stock our timeshare when we go to WDW. I really like the store but their prices are a little high. Are there other supermarkets in the area. maybe where the locals go? I've never shopped at a Walmart grocery store and wonder how their prices are? We usually shop for perishables, and sometimes have dinner in the villa too.

When we lived in Florida (a few miles from WDW), we shopped at Publix, sometimes at Walmart. Every place else is WAY over priced.

On our last trip, we liked Super Target. We also liked Winn Dixie (it's down the street from the crossroads).

WalMart is OK as long as you are not buying fresh meat of any sort. Reading their labels, s you will see the term "Enhanced with 'X'% solution, which means they have injected water and chemicals into it which drives up the weight makes it look brighter.

Publix always seemed to have the best prices (even when I lived in Florida). Target is also a good bet. WalMart hasn't been too consistent with low prices.

We have found that Walmart in Orlando is almost always out of half of the things we need or want.

I would just stick with Publix. The super Wal-Mart is always crowded and out of half of what I need, just like the PP mentioned. The wal-mart hassle is not worth the money saved.

We go to Super Walmart or Super Target. Yes, WM can get crowded. If you can go late in the night you should miss most of the crowds. We find it not too bad if we go after our flight lands at MCO at 10 p.m. But when our flight lands at 4 p.m., then it's way busier.

We also liked Winn Dixie (it's down the street from the crossroads).

We also like the Winn Dixie (go to their web site and get a shoppers discount card). A bonus is there's an ABC store in the same center so we can stock up with the adult beverages.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter