best pool resort in the middle of the action!

isabelleB

Mouseketeer
Hi,

Need your experience to decide my best option....
Will visit Orlando again pretty soon.
We will be travelling with our two sons 11 & 9 and my mother in law
She doesn't like the really spread out resorts ( like reunion or orange lakes)

We consider Marriott grande lakes ( for the beautiful lazy river) or Hyatt regency grand cypress for the pool & slides.
Kids entertainment is a must as well.

The pool experience is very important for the kids, and I'm a bit confused what to choose this time.
We are not going to disney and will stay at universal before that , so purely looking here to stay outside the theme parks.

Thanks
Isabelle

Wyndam Bonnet Creek or Hilton bonnet Creek. Both have slides, lazy rivers, and zero entry pools. Both are in the middle of the action.

Wyndam Bonnet Creek or Hilton bonnet Creek. Both have slides, lazy rivers, and zero entry pools. Both are in the middle of the action.

But the OP is not going to WDW, so that puts her farther away from Universal.

I have stayed at Marriott Grand Vista, and they have great polls and kids activities. I have heard that Marriott World Center is even better.

EDIT: I will say that the Hilton BC has a great pool and lazy river (stayed there last year), but they only ahve rooms, not condos. They do have big suites, but they are mega bucks.

As a local, in my opinion (and many others), the JW Marriott Grande Lakes has the best pool in Orlando. As to Strailovers point, the World Center is nice, but the pool doesn't compare to Grande Lakes. Grande Lakes has huge pools and a lazy river. You also have access to the Ritz Carlton pool if you want some more quiet time.

It is close to all three theme parks and easy access to anywhere in Orlando, especially the airport.

would go with your choice of Hyatt regency - it is definitely close to WDW - but it has one of the best pools in Orlando (it is much older than the others mentioned)

True, the Hyatt is the oldest of the resorts mentioned so far, but all rooms were renovated recently and are quite nice. It is a great resort with a very nice pool area, and indeed very close. Only down side is a steep resort fee, but ask with a smile and you can probably get it waived.

I personally have never stayed, but isn't there one with an indoor water park? Coco Key or something........didn't Pete do a review?:confused3:confused3

I personally have never stayed, but isn't there one with an indoor water park? Coco Key or something........didn't Pete do a review?:confused3:confused3

Well, yes, mostly indoor. Always seems to be a good crowd there in the summer when passing by on I-4. It's in a good location, but we have never stayed there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter