Best pool for July (other than Y&BC)

Mom2Rae

Mouseketeer
The pool will be a big part of our July trip and we do like being somewhat close to MK since dd will be 6...

Currently booked at the WL and the last time we were there I really didn't check out the pool all that much..so, how is it and is there a better one around? :confused3 I'm just afraid that it'll be so crowded in the pool that we'll feel like people are on top of eachother!!

We plan on swimming during the day and hitting the parks at night.. :sunny:

TIA! Proud :firefight 's wife!!

The Grotto pool at S/D is probably the second best pool on property. S/D doesn't offer DME nor do they offer MYW Dining.

CSR has the best pool in a moderate resort. BW and POLY also have nice pools. I'd say the Contemporary is probably the worse themed pool, at least for a deluxe resort.

We personally like the BW pool. If it gets to crowded, there is a quite pool within a very short walk from the Circus themed pool. The main pool has a great slide and the Leaping Horse Libations (drinks and snacks) are very close to the pool. We go every July and don't want to walk far for anything when hanging out in the hot sun. :sunny:

CSR has the best pool of the mods and probably the second best on WDW property. Best mod pool. It offers a great slide (123 ft long), an arcade, a sand volleyball court, and a playground at the main pool area.

eaqyk9.jpg

We were at the VWL last July, and my kids really enjoyed the pool. When it got too crowded, we just headed for the quiet pool by the Villas. If you are going for a reasonably priced resort close to MK, WL would fit the bill. I wouldn't worry too much about the pool being too crowded, because they will all be crowded in July!

We spent the week of July 4th at the Polynesian last summer, and it was great. As you probably know, the MK is just a quick and enjoyable boat or monorail ride to and from the Polynesian, so when we needed a swimming break during the day, we were just minutes from enjoying that beautiful volcano pool. :sunny: While swimming in that pool, you can see the monorail going by, and you can see the castle! It almost felt like even though we were swimming at our resort, we never quite left the Magic Kingdom! :wizard:

I can not say enough good things about being able to swim during the day, and then especially at night while watching fireworks over the castle and then watching the castle change color for the rest of the night, all from the volcano pool.

We were there during a fairly busy time of year and as you can see in my pictures, the pool was never overly crowded. And I LOVED the zero-depth entry.

Here are some pictures:

P1010114.JPG

P1010342.JPG

P1010392.JPG

P1010393.JPG

P1010396.JPG

P1010397.JPG

P1010398.JPG

Buzz2001 said:
CSR has the best pool of the mods and probably the second best on WDW property. Best mod pool. It offers a great slide (123 ft long), an arcade, a sand volleyball court, and a playground at the main pool area.
I agree, CSR hands down!

SeaSpray said:
We spent the week of July 4th at the Polynesian last summer, and it was great. As you probably know, the MK is just a quick and enjoyable boat or monorail ride to and from the Polynesian, so when we needed a swimming break during the day, we were just minutes from enjoying that beautiful volcano pool. :sunny: While swimming in that pool, you can see the monorail going by, and you can see the castle! It almost felt like even though we were swimming at our resort, we never quite left the Magic Kingdom! :wizard:

I can not say enough good things about being able to swim during the day, and then especially at night while watching fireworks over the castle and then watching the castle change color for the rest of the night, all from the volcano pool.

We were there during a fairly busy time of year and as you can see in my pictures, the pool was never overly crowded. And I LOVED the zero-depth entry.

Here are some pictures:

P1010114.JPG

P1010342.JPG

P1010392.JPG

P1010393.JPG

P1010396.JPG

P1010397.JPG

P1010398.JPG
OK so where did you get that cute red suit! I want it. I have been looking for a shorts/suit combo and the ones on Landsend all seem dowdy. Can you tell me where you got yours?
Oh and on the pools I can agree with buzz on that one about the CSR- that is one really nice pool- with nice trees to sit in the shade if you want. And even if the area around the pool was crowded it was never crowded in the water.
When we stayed at WL we didn't hit the pool at all so I can't help on that one. We will be at the Poly :banana: this year for the first time Hoping for a fun pool!

The Poly pool looks great! Thanks for the photos. We love the BWI. The pool is never really overly crowded because this resort has the fewest rooms I think.

The WL pool is nice, but let me tell you that we were there in the month of July and it was packed in there. The mornings were emptiest, but as the day went on the pool filled up, peaking capacity in the late afternoon when I imagine people came back to the resort for a pool break. We had a few non park days and we just didn't go to the pool at its most crowded because I don't like all those bodies around me.

Answer: the Volcano pool at the Poly. You'll love it. We often stay at YC/BC and we're Stormalong Bay fans for sure. We stayed at the Poly and I was concerned about the pool, being so spoiled by SAB. Well, the Volcano pool was a wonderful alternative and is now our 2nd favorite pool at WDW. Great slide, and underwater Hawaiin music. But the best feature IMHO is the fact that the beach area right as you walk out of the zero entry area sits right on seven seas lagoon. So, it's as if the pool is part of it. Very nice. Great views. Fabulous!

We stayed at WL once and I wasn't impressed with the pool at all. Quite small. It was, however, very cool how the stream in the lobby seemed to flow out into the pool. I also liked the geyser. Very nice. Other than that, I wasn't impressed with the actual pool itself.

PamNC

java said:
Oh and on the pools I can agree with buzz on that one about the CSR- that is one really nice pool- with nice trees to sit in the shade if you want. And even if the area around the pool was crowded it was never crowded in the water.
Me too!! Great pool at CSR!!

My order of best Pools in WDW-

1.) - Tie between Stormalong Bay and the Grotto at Swan/Dolphin (Grotto is less crowded, giving it an edge in my opinion)

2.) The Dig Site at Coronado Springs - Fabulous Pool - Big & Roomy. Awesome Hot Tub. Moderate Resort Prices

3.) The Volcano Pool at the Polynesian - Great Pool, but too small for the resort, was always packed when we were there. We often swam in the quiet pool just so we had some room. No Hot Tub. Watching the Fireworks over the Castle from the Pool is really spectacular tho!

We're quite fond of the WL pools.

Even when the temp. is in the low 60's people are in the pools. Especially croweded in summer & holiday periods. The Poly volcano pool has always been "cheek to jowl" when we've stopped...kept us from swimming, too crowded.

good luck.

Another vote for the Poly! You're still close to the MK with a great view of Cindy's Castle. I love the zero entry with small kids. My two kids LOVED the volcano slide so much that I think we could make a vacation of the Poly without even hitting the parks!

I would say the Poly!! Their pool looks awesome and so magical too with being able to see Cindy's castle at the same time. Plus your so close to MK and that's a big plus since you said you'll be there a lot with your 6 DD. This will be our first trip to the Poly this July and we're really looking forward to it.

Seaspray...your Poly pool pics were awesome....makes me even more excited about our upcoming trip.

Buzz2001 said:

eaqyk9.jpg
CSR has a great pool. Kids love the slide, playgorund and sand box. Great drinks and snacks too

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter