Best Pool Bar?

Jessica527

Dreaming Disney Every Minute :)
Out of all of the resorts, what would you say is the best pool bar based on the following items:

Hours
Accessibility (How close to pool)
Pricing
Drink Availability

I love this question!!! I have only done a few of the pool bars...CS, CR, Swan, BI...I loved the beach Club one Hurricane Hannah's...only because I could sit right there stare at lake and most important still be in my lounge chair. Not to mention they do have on certain times/days waiter coming around the pool area to take orders!! Nice!!!

Would love to hear more about the diff places. Mommy needs a nice drink too here and there to relax!!!!

My absolute favorite is Trout Bass Bar at the Wilderness Lodge - they have the best friendliest bartenders! The only drawback is that it's a hike to the restrooms.

We stay at the Boardwalk frequently and like Leaping Horse Libations a lot. It's right next to the pool, they have restrooms in the bar building.

As far as I know, the prices are the same everywhere. I think they standardized the specialty drink menus but the bartenders can make pretty much anything.

This is a really interesting question. DH and I have given this quite a bit of thought and we agreed the best pool bars are the ones where you can actually sit-down and order if you want. Hurricane Hannahs doesn't offer any seating right at the bar and the lines are almost always long. They do have a seating area nearby but it is full of people eating meals so it doesn't really have a "bar" feeling. WL has a nice bar with seating that is right next to the pool. Poly is also nice. Kidani actually had a really nice bar area as well. And Pop Century too. I will be interested to read what everyone has to say about this. I will keep thinking and try to choose which one I think is the best of the best.

I do agree with the people who say the actual bars at Wilderness Lodge and BWI are better than Hurricane Hannahs at the Beach Club but after having access to Stormalong bay this week (while staying at BWV) I would stand in line all day for a drink to be able to use Stormalong bay. I was always able to get service quickly and as mentioned before they have poolside servers.....maybe not frequently but they are there. We also spent one day at the hard Rock last week and the poolside service was fantastic and the bar is awesome but it can't even compare to the experience at Stormalong bay (in my opinion).

I love the detail that everyone put into their answers. So far I would say that WL is winning for best pool bar. I really should have implemented a poll on here....

Keep the answers coming :) Would love to hear more opinions/suggestions!

I know I'll probably be odd man out about this, but the little Gurgling Suitcase at OKW is wonderful. The bartenders are friendly, and there's frequently a sense of camaraderie among the drinkers! :drinking1

My fav pool bar is Muddy River at POR.

Good comfortable covered seating at tables as well as the bar stools. Friendly bartenders and rarely crowded.

Second choice is The Gurgling Suitcase at OKW, close enough to the pool with good outdoor seating.

We take our Disney Drinking seriously. We have a non-commercial web site dedicated to it at: www.DrinkingAtDisney.com

Favorite Bar On Property? No hesitation - it's The Gurgling Suitcase at OKW.

My fav pool bar is Muddy River at POR.

Good comfortable covered seating at tables as well as the bar stools. Friendly bartenders and rarely crowded.

Second choice is The Gurgling Suitcase at OKW, close enough to the pool with good outdoor seating.

We take our Disney Drinking seriously. We have a non-commercial web site dedicated to it at: www.DrinkingAtDisney.com

Favorite Bar On Property? No hesitation - it's The Gurgling Suitcase at OKW.

Cool website! Loved your t-shirts!:thumbsup2

We find that after over 40 trips to WDW, pool bars and lounges are over rated and way over priced.....First of all, I don't want to leave Disney with a bar tab bigger than my resort room bill....I'm also not one to have a drink or 2 in a 9 night stay so..........we load up in route to the resort and stock our fridge and when we head to the pool, take our cooler, dripping melting ice but full of beer, wine and JD with us and only problem we have is refilling said cooler with ice from time to time.....we use our refill mugs for mixes...but we came have all we want, when we want without getting up.....we always do this noonish and late at night and the wife might splurge once in a trip for some mixed concoction just for the souvenior cup and swizzle stick....I may be cheap but 2 beers Disney price at 5 bucks a beer then look at a 12 pack or better for same money.....we'll skip the pool bar and it's ambiance.....same for wine...glass over 8 bucks or 3-5 liter jug for 12-14 dollars......

I'm with pepe. I'd rather have my pool drink of choice, Grey Goose and pink lemonade, than a high bar tab. We use those huge waterpark refillable mugs and make our own.

:thumbsup2
We find that after over 40 trips to WDW, pool bars and lounges are over rated and way over priced.....First of all, I don't want to leave Disney with a bar tab bigger than my resort room bill....I'm also not one to have a drink or 2 in a 9 night stay so..........we load up in route to the resort and stock our fridge and when we head to the pool, take our cooler, dripping melting ice but full of beer, wine and JD with us and only problem we have is refilling said cooler with ice from time to time.....we use our refill mugs for mixes...but we came have all we want, when we want without getting up.....we always do this noonish and late at night and the wife might splurge once in a trip for some mixed concoction just for the souvenior cup and swizzle stick....I may be cheap but 2 beers Disney price at 5 bucks a beer then look at a 12 pack or better for same money.....we'll skip the pool bar and it's ambiance.....same for wine...glass over 8 bucks or 3-5 liter jug for 12-14 dollars......

We will be on our honeymoon and are bring any left over Wine on the trip. So yes we are doing exactly what you are doing. But I love pool bars for some reason, just the music and fun atmosphere. So bringing my own drink out wouldn't hurt :)

Thanks for the advice!

Another vote for being your own bartender. I like mixing my own and I get to keep all the tips!

I know I'll probably be odd man out about this, but the little Gurgling Suitcase at OKW is wonderful. The bartenders are friendly, and there's frequently a sense of camaraderie among the drinkers! :drinking1

Love love LOVE the gurgling suitcase :thumbsup2 but to me it's not a pool bar, it's a destination all it's own :cloud9: one of the best bars on property!!

So the resorts are ok with you lugging a cooler down to the pool full of booze? That sounds like the way to go!

Another vote for being your own bartender. I like mixing my own and I get to keep all the tips!

Oh for sure we do lots of that as well. ;) We are ME riders so we can't bring our own, but we love We Go Shop and they always bring us the goodies we need :goodvibes

So the resorts are ok with you lugging a cooler down to the pool full of booze? That sounds like the way to go!

We use a soft sided cooler and nobody has ever said anything to us. I think there is a policy about glass though.

I've always thought the Uzima Springs pool bar at the Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House was the best bar on property based on the requirements of the poster. Maji Pool bar over at Kidani Village isn't too bad either.

44 trips and no problems.....no glass, beer in cans.....transfer wine and alcohol to plastic containers and our drink mugs......grab a handful of ice from cooler, splash on the booze, sit back and enjoy.....we use can coozies on the beer to just be civil......never rowdy or over the top but rather pad my wallet than Disney's,...........cooler is a soft side, collapsable....medium sized....convenient!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter