Best places to sell stuff

kiramay

DIS Veteran
I've tried eBay but the fees are crazy. Then I tried Facebook market and that was just frustrating- a lot of people interested and then never show up. I have a bunch of stuff to get rid of that I'd like to try to sell first before donating.
Thanks!

eBay fees aren't that bad when you consider the fact that you get an audience of a million plus people and you're going to find people who are just searching for your stuff, unlike random facebook groups and you don't have to meet people like on Facebook.

Even if they do have high fees, if they take 15% of your profit, that is still 85% more money than you'd get by not selling it!

If you're getting rid of clothes that are in good shape and are either current fashion or vintage, you could look into Poshmark or Mercari.

I use FB.
I'm a member of a couple different local yard sale pages where you post things for sale but I've actually found that people on the marketplace are more reliable and actually want what I'm selling and do come to buy it.

I agree with Wendie. Sure the ebay fees are higher but you don't have to meet someone and you're getting a large audience. I've run into so many issues as you experienced with FB and Craigs where people never show up. Or they text and they are running late. My time has a value to it so that's why if I sell something it's ebay.

I use Facebook local garage sale groups, called Swip Swap here in AZ. Facebook Marketplace doesn't work for me, I don't list there.

Price to sell---better to let it go for a couple bucks than worry about eBay fees, photos, description, packaging, shipping. I don't hold anything for anyone longer than 24 hrs. I don't accept lower offer until it's been listed for a week.

For items that are worth a lot more on eBay, I do sell there.
For Facebook, everyone just picks up off my porch and leaves money under the mat. I've done that in 3 neighborhoods, made hundreds of sales, and had zero problems. I love my doormat ATM!

I've sold the little stuff on ebay and the big stuff on Craig's List. I've got a few big things I need to list this week on Craig's List.

I keep thinking of trying Facebook but I don't want to deal with people not showing up. I've only had that happen once with Craig's List.

I've tried eBay but the fees are crazy. Then I tried Facebook market and that was just frustrating- a lot of people interested and then never show up. I have a bunch of stuff to get rid of that I'd like to try to sell first before donating.
Thanks!
I am so over all the people on FB groups that say they are interested and then leave me hanging! Sorry I have no other suggestions, I do Ebay and torture myself on FB ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter