Best Places to purchase gift cards discounted?

poofyo101

DIS Veteran
What are the best places to buy discounted gift cards for disney? What is the highest discount rates get?

When I was researching gc discounts, the best I could identify was Kroger 4x fuel points when purchasing a gc. When maximized to it's fullest extent, this offer essentially gives you 13% off your gc by way of $ off your gasoline purchase. But it's VERY complicated to pull off. I tried it twice and never did better than 11.5%. I live in the region where Meijer operates and they often have a deal where you get a "$5 off you cart" coupon for every $50 in gc purchase (with a max limit of course). It works out to 10% off and I do so much shopping at Meijer anyway, the $5 off coupons are easily spent. Granted these are not direct discounts, but if they offer you money off of something you were going to buy anyway (gasoline or groceries) then really what's the difference?

We like the Target Red Card 5% discount. Simple and easy, order GC online for email delivery, they usually arrive that same day, pay DVC dues online minutes later, done.

Agreed.

It should be noted that there are two different Target Red Cards that function the same and both give you the 5%. A debit card and a credit card. Going the debit card route doesn't need a credit check or a hard pull and so it doesn't affect your credit!

I've been using Dosh to save money on Disney Gift cards.. They have 4% cash back when you link your credit card and purchase online SamsClub Disney Gift cards. Since Samsclub offers 4% off face value to start with this means I'm saving 8% and accumulating frequent flying miles on my Southwest credit card. Its also nice that Samsclub offers e-delivery Disney Gift cards instead of mailing them to you like BJs.
IT is confirmed they pay out cash back for gift cards? Alot of cash back places do not

Dosh can take up to 90 days to put the cash into your account. My transactions are all in a pending status and the details do not rule out gift card purchases so it should be fine. Time will tell but others on these forums have used Dosh successful in the past.

Another way for cash back is through Rakuten . They have 3% to 10% cash back on Sams Club purchases. Since Samsclub offers Disney gift cards at 3 to 4% off face value you can also save some real money (Between 6% to 14% off).
Is rakuten confirmed to payout for gift card purchases?

My Rakuten account has a cash back amount for my purchase yesterday afternoon for $500. I bought 2 more Disney gift cards last night which have not yet appeared. Rakuten says delays from Cyber Monday could last up to 3 days. Since gift cards are not excluded in the details I think they will count.

BJ's has 6% off of Disney gift cards right now, usually it is 4%, but it's for a limited time. Probably ends shortly in December. Go take a look at the Budget Thread under Disney Gift Cards.
Thanks! I have a lot of points so this is saving me some real money. Also thanks for mentioning it was for a short time. I purchased the gift cards yesterday. It looks like the special is over today.

So, easiest way without having to have a membership, look at deals, etc. is 5% with a Target Red Card (credit or debit)

My Rakuten account has a cash back amount for my purchase yesterday afternoon for $500. I bought 2 more Disney gift cards last night which have not yet appeared. Rakuten says delays from Cyber Monday could last up to 3 days. Since gift cards are not excluded in the details I think they will count.
Ok but have they counted in the past?

The last two years, BJs has run a special in Jan for bulk sales. 8% discount if you purchase at least $7500; between $5000 and $7500 is 7%; and between $2500 and $5000 is 6%.

Don’t know if they will run it again this year, but I have loaded up the past two years. Between DVC dues, park tickets, and DCL (hopefully coming back at some point), we burn through them. It’s a pain to combine, but worth it to us for over a 10% discount after including credit card rewards.

The last two years, BJs has run a special in Jan for bulk sales. 8% discount if you purchase at least $7500; between $5000 and $7500 is 7%; and between $2500 and $5000 is 6%.

Don’t know if they will run it again this year, but I have loaded up the past two years. Between DVC dues, park tickets, and DCL (hopefully coming back at some point), we burn through them. It’s a pain to combine, but worth it to us for over a 10% discount after including credit card rewards.
I didn't bother combining/consolidating my gift cards (from the BJs sale) when paying for my last room bill -- I just went to the front desk with a huge stack of small-denomination cards and started swiping. There's no limit on how many cards they can apply and the best part is you don't need to scratch the PINs at all that way. One lady was even nice enough to swipe my cards without needing me to stand there; I went over from BLT to the contemporary to get some stuff and just came back in a bit to pick up my receipt.

I didn't bother combining/consolidating my gift cards (from the BJs sale) when paying for my last room bill -- I just went to the front desk with a huge stack of small-denomination cards and started swiping. There's no limit on how many cards they can apply and the best part is you don't need to scratch the PINs at all that way. One lady was even nice enough to swipe my cards without needing me to stand there; I went over from BLT to the contemporary to get some stuff and just came back in a bit to pick up my receipt.
I love this

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter