Best place

dcessford

Mouseketeer
Plan on doing a half day at Epcot and want to enter through International Gateway.My question is where is the best place to park? Will be after lunch.

dcessford said:
Plan on doing a half day at Epcot and want to enter through International Gateway.My question is where is the best place to park? Will be after lunch.

The resorts do not allow this unless you valet. Luckily for the resort guests they are good at enforcement

thanks

bummer :(

not for the EPCOT resort guests :)

aside from valet, another option is the non-resort guest lot across the road from the BW (free, behind the hess station). you would need to walk from your spot, cross the road, up to and thru the BW lobby, keep walking along the BW and over to IG - a bit of a hike.

another option is to go to DHS, and ferry/walk to IG.
all are options if you just want to use IG, but all require time and/or money (valet, parking at DHS if offsite) - none are cost/time effective if just trying to avoid the EPCOT parking fee tho.

hth :)

not for the EPCOT resort guests :)

aside from valet, another option is the non-resort guest lot across the road from the BW (free, behind the hess station). you would need to walk from your spot, cross the road, up to and thru the BW lobby, keep walking along the BW and over to IG - a bit of a hike.

another option is to go to DHS, and ferry/walk to IG.
all are options if you just want to use IG, but all require time and/or money (valet, parking at DHS if offsite) - none are cost/time effective if just trying to avoid the EPCOT parking fee tho.

hth :)

Technically the BW lot you reference is not for the use you describe. I know that last year during Food and Wine they would not let you park there unless you were a resort guest. Not sure that has continued, but I would not count on this lot either.

thanks
I'm not trying to avoid paying to park.I just felt it may be easier to tour The world Showcase entering though IG.
Not sure if going to DHS and boating there would save time over just going to EP parking lot.
I will be staying offsite btw.Sorry.I should have mentioned that.

It will be much easier and faster to just park in the Epcot lot and go in the front entrance.

Technically the BW lot you reference is not for the use you describe. I know that last year during Food and Wine they would not let you park there unless you were a resort guest. Not sure that has continued, but I would not count on this lot either.

we saw/heard the guards sending non-resort guests there during our F&WF visit last year (as well as previous years) :confused3
you're right, tho....it does get crowded.

no sense in going to DHS if your plan is EPCOT - either way you will pay the parking fee if staying off-site. and you'll save time simply parking at EPCOT:)

LSchrow said:
we saw/heard the guards sending non-resort guests there during our F&WF visit last year (as well as previous years) :confused3

We are locals and have AP's and regularly use this lot when we go to World Showcase for the evening. It's not a bad walk at all. We see locals using the lot all of the time. I know that in the past they have closed it off at times for the food and wine festival though.

no sense in going to DHS if your plan is EPCOT - either way you will pay the parking fee if staying off-site. and you'll save time simply parking at EPCOT:)

I've seen the same thing during both Food and Wine and Flower and Garden weekends. The guards will not let anyone other than a BW resort guest into the 'regular' lots but they do direct people to that lot behind the Hess St. And because it is a hike, most people just go to the Epcot lot and park there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!