best place to see Fantasy in the Sky ??

sabine

Earning My Ears
First of all, thanks alot Suzy for your answer to my question about
"very early breakfast", it was very helpful.
We're from Belgium and will be in WDW April 4 till April 17.
Can anybody tell me what are the best (and least crowded !)
spots to watch the fireworks in MK. We would like to see Tinkerbell fly ?!
Anyone who can tell me what's the best way to go from MK to FW, since we're having dinner there after the park closes ?
Thanks everyone:jester:

Well, my two favorite locations to view the fireworks do not have a good view of tinkerbelle but I will tell you anyway. We love to watch from the Beach at the Poly or while dining at California Grill in the Contemporary. I think the place that I enjoyed most inside the park is one of the benches at the end of mainstreet near the castle. Hope this helps a little! Enjoy your trip!!!

Tinkerbell flies from the castle over towards Tomorrowland. So if you want a really good view, stand more towards that side of the castle. Last Jan we sat in the area right near the sidewalk that leads to Tomorrowland and had Tinkerbell fly right over our heads.

Just don't get TOO CLOSE to Tomorrowland. Once you're off the bridge, you really can't see anything. In fact you can't hear anything either as they don't pipe the music into Tomorrowland.

But, as nkjzmom said, it does give you an excellent view of Tinkerbell.

My favorite place is right behind where the christmas tree would be during the christmas celebrations.

~Steve

The other thing is don't stand too close to the castle! I was way too close during the MNSSHP, and missed a lot. I should have known better from the boards! I like to watch them from the Plaza Restaurant (I think that's the name) in Tomorrowland. Tink flies right overhead.

We've watched the fireworks from Plaza Pavilion and from the rose garden area just under Tinkerbell's wire. The place in the rose garden was better because it was quieter. We also got there early enough to sit on this big planter thing (huge) with a tree in the middle of it. You can see tinkerbell great from these areas.

One thing we noticed though, from these areas which are near Tomorrowland, is that the fireworks don't appear to come up from behind the castle. They were way to the right of us as we faced the castle. For videotaping purposes, it would be better to have the fireworks show up behind the castle. So next time we are going to try to find somewhere more on the Adventureland side of that middle area of the park.

However, it may all depend on which way the wind is blowing ;)

No secret, but California Grill at the Contemporary is a fancy and comfy spot to see them-- (I think we saw Tink-- but from a distance)
one thing we did was sit on the lounge sofas, order drinks and appetizers, and watch from there without gouging our pocketbooks, and without priority seating! It was a highlight of our last trip. Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter