Best place to eat near Port Canaveral

steves100

DIS Veteran
Will be staying the night before the cruise. Have done this before, but, we only ate at fast food places.

Is there any good restaurants near the ocean?

Thanks

Steve

Will be staying the night before the cruise. Have done this before, but, we only ate at fast food places.

Is there any good restaurants near the ocean?

Thanks

Steve

Will you have a car? If so their is Grill's and Fishlips right on the channel.

MJ

Check out this link to Shirley's Helpful Thread (which is located alphabetically on the DIS DCL FAQ sticky on the main page of the DCL forum).

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1520273

Since Shirley is local and the proprietor of The Perfect Gift, she has kindly researched many of the restaurants in the area that are great and that DISers frequent.

There are many on here that will also give you a discount if you show your hotel key or mention these boards - just read in Shirley's descriptions....

going to fishlips this monday night :banana:.. never been so i cant comment on the food.. but the webcam atop the restaurant is awesome... (for ship stalkers!)

portcanaveralwebcam.com

We like Kelsey's. It is not on the channel but the food is good (italian) and the place has a great casual atmosphere.

:thumbsup2I second Fishlips! :thumbsup2We found it by accident this year after a day at Kennedy/Cocoa Beach and it was delish!

My dad is "one of those guys" who interrogates the servers as to how everything is prepared, how long it's grilled, where the fish is caught, the clam's grandmothers second cousins name....:rotfl:

He got the clams and said they were the best he'd ever had. They had really good casual atmosphere (we had swimsuits on under tee's and shorts).

Fantastic nachos, I got some balslamic chicken thing with mozzarella, really nice variety of things on the menu and even my picky son got seconds on dessert. Not bad pricing either.

ETA - it's not right on the ocean, but is on the channel where the cruise ships and charter boats go out.

Kelsey's is delicious. It is right next to the Radisson. Really good italian food/pizza/pasta/etc.

:thumbsup2Fishlips has my vote too:thumbsup2 We've been there twice and will be going again in a few weeks. Great food, great atmosphere and very reasonably priced. You can't go wrong with fishlips.

going to fishlips this monday night :banana:.. never been so i cant comment on the food.. but the webcam atop the restaurant is awesome... (for ship stalkers!)

portcanaveralwebcam.com

That is such an incredible sight!!:yay: I haven't seen this before and when the site opened up, my tummy did a little excited flip when I saw the ship in port! Will be cruising in Dec and this will be so much fun watching other ships leave. Thanks for sharing:thumbsup2

We ate at Grills the day before our cruise left and took this pic of my
kids as Disney Dream was leaving. The food was very good:thumbsup2
6-27-11007.jpg

If you go to Fish Lips, be sure to walk around the left side of the entrance and eat upstairs. Inside is a bit dressier (white table cloths) and doesn't have the view or relaxed atmosphere as the upstairs has.

I like them both, but prefer Grills over Fish Lips...best rum runners around! ;)

We've gone out to eat at Fish Lips, and it was very good and fun!

However, the past several cruises, we've gotten pizza (take-out) from Kelsey's and brought it back to the pool. That way, the kids can keep swimming...no need to drag them out, dry them off, get them dressed, and load them in the car...and eat right at the pool. :thumbsup2

Kelseys, mentioned earlier in this thread, is on restaurant.com. Bought certificate but be aware the certificates are not good friday or saturdays.

Me too! I was over at Cocoa Beach for just one night last week, and that's where I had dinner. They have great food! It's also not too far from the usual cruise hotels, so if you don't have a car, it wouldn't be an expensive taxi ride.

I also like Grills, as much for the food as the view. But if I had to choose one or the other, based on food alone, I think Izzy's would beat Grills, but not by much.

For anyone who has a car and is planning on venturing out (perhaps a NASA tour), we highly recommend Dixie Crossroads Seafood in Titusville. We found this restaurant looking for a place to eat in Titusville and absolutely loved it! Their specialty is rock shrimp and other types of local shrimp. The restaurant is casual and each table gets a basket of hot corn fritters with powdered sugar (yum) once you sit down. They also have great sweet tea, which is nice to have since you won't find this on the cruise.

Here is a link to their menu in case you are interested in learning more:

http://dixiecrossroads.com/menu/?mobify=0

Love Fishlips... I had a Blackened Swordfish Sandwich... MMMMMMM yum.

Plus... they had Bluepoint Toasted Ale on tap. (First time I had a beer made a couple miles down the road from me in Long Island... in Florida).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter