best place to buy tickets

grumpy&princess

DIS Veteran
Do to financial problems we are forced to reduce our trip and will be staying at a small hotel and buying our tickets. I need to know where is the best place to buy our tickets at.
Who knew therapy for your kids could cost you your savings for WDW. I wish insurance would pick up and pay for more therapies than they do:mad: . I just hope that I dont have to totally cancel our trip all together:sad1: . I have basic money saved for the hotel and tickets and gas to get there. There just wont be any character meals no fancy sit down meals either. I was so hoping that our first trip would be a trip to remember not a watch the wallet vacation ours have always been:sad2: :guilty: . I so just want to totally cancel our trip since it wont be as magical as it was going to be but I so totally want to go this year.
Any one know of the best place to get tickets and does anyone know of hotels off property to stay away from? We were looking at Red Rood Inn. We will only be basically sleeping there so I dont need anything fancy.

Thank you all

Well, I have to respond to this because I've been to WDW over 20 times in my life. It is only in the last 2 times that we've actually stayed on property and we've only done 1 character meal in all that time. We're doing one this year but normally we eat at counter service restaurants. I guess what I'm trying to say is it doesn't matter where you stay or where you eat, but that you get to go and make memories with your family. I usually buy my tickets through undercovertourist.com and get a great price. If you go through mousesavers.com you can usually get an even better discount. We usually end up renting a timeshare because we like the room, so I can't help you there, but I find that pretty reasonable for the space you get and we can make breakfast in your room and have space to spread out and do laundry. You might want to look into that. I've also driven many times and we try to make that an adventure also. So, cheer up and have a great time!

ditto what disneymom said. Trust me -- you'll still have a magical time staying off site too. We stayed on site our first trip and have rented a house
ever since. We buy through undercovertourist.com too.

Happy planning :)

Our first trip to WDW happened when our kids were 3 and 7 - we stayed at a very low priced off-site property, and due to lack of extra money we ate only snacks and counter service - and those, infrequently, because some days we'd bring in our own snacks and lunch - and we all had an absolutely unforgetable holiday! Our photos of the kids are priceless, and we have never forgotten our first trip to WDW - it was when we fell in love with it, and we've vacationed there every couple of years since! Yes, we now stay on property, and our children take their life partners with them - but we've never had a disappointing vacation at "Disney". Sometimes it's been cold, other times hot - we've stayed on and off property - some of us have caught colds or the flu - sometimes we've had a bit more $, other times less - but we've never regretted our trips as a family to WDW.:banana: :banana: :banana: We always buy our tickets before we get to Orlando, and have used both Ticketmania and Undercovertourist with great success!

try www.abfabflorida.com That is where I just purchased my tickets for upcoming trip. It was cheaper for me than undercovertourist. We too are trying to be more frugal and in all honesty probably shouldn't be going on vacation anywhere this year due to finances....but my one vacation a year gets me through the rest of the year! We all have a great time being away and for my sanity we are going! ENJOY! You only live once!:wizard:

thank you all for reassuring me we will do ok on our trip even if its more low key. NotSoMini thank you for letting me know that other ppl out there have had to do what you did as this is what we will be doing. tmatthews, I know how you feel that we really shouldnt be going on vacation but I have not had one in two years and I really need one and I think the kids deserve one too.

try www.abfabflorida.com That is where I just purchased my tickets for upcoming trip. It was cheaper for me than undercovertourist. We too are trying to be more frugal and in all honesty probably shouldn't be going on vacation anywhere this year due to finances....but my one vacation a year gets me through the rest of the year! We all have a great time being away and for my sanity we are going! ENJOY! You only live once!:wizard:

I have never heard of them:confused:

Last year my company closed and left me (the Director) with patients, staff and clients! The little creep just walked away and left everyone stranded.

Needless to say, the "God thing" about it all was that I took it over under a different name and am now running things the decent way! But with all of that trauma and drama, I also depleted my savings and 401k. :scared1:

Normally my trips to WDW include tours, nice lunches and lots of shopping. However, my Dad was so awesome! He surprised me with an airline ticket to Disney. He knew I just HAD to get away. I found a great deal on a hotel (thanks to my DVC membership) and got the most basic of ticket. :thumbsup2

No real shopping or fancy extras. And you know what? It was one of the most relaxing and rewarding trips I have ever taken! :yay: Instead of always running into a store to buy, buy, buy, my short supply of funds allowed me to take in more of the scenery and better appreciate what I have. It truly was a magical trip! pixiedust:

I wish you and yours the most magical and wonderful of vacations! :cheer2:

The best prices I have found were through www.kgstickets.com and, yes, they do beat undercovertourist. I have order tickets through them 3 different times and have had no problems and great service. They will be the only broker I use provided they are the cheapest.

If you have your heart staying on Disney property, you could try a value resort. It might not be that much more than offsite.

Like many of the other posters have said, don't feel that you have to do sit down dinners to have a great time. We usually only do 1 full service meal/trip. At the counter service restaurants you can find quite a variety. Often, DH and I will share a meal. If you order a double burger, and cut it in half, it is big enough for 2. You don't spend as much time in the restaurant, so that is more time for shows and attractions! You don't need all the extras to enjoy being with your family and to have a great time.

The best prices I have found were through www.kgstickets.com and, yes, they do beat undercovertourist. I have order tickets through them 3 different times and have had no problems and great service. They will be the only broker I use provided they are the cheapest.

I have never heard of this Broker... SO I checked them out against UT and FabFlorida.
I had priced out 7 day Hopper tickets .. Undercover Price was $1,043.80
abfabflorida was $1006.00
so I checked KGS ...
Kissammee Guest Services.. Same tickets was $ $1051.16

These are the "OUT THE DOOR" Price. Sometimes you think you are getting a better deal... but the price does not include Taxes or shipping.

The Winner... Abfabflorida.com

No matter what I do. I think their prices are better,then I go to check out, and sure enough, then they add 65.00 tax which wipes out the savings I think I'm getting and more! It ended up being 50.00 cheaper through UCT and I don't have to go anywhere to pick them up. Of course the disadvantage is that I have to pay when I buy, not when I pick up. Maybe I'm just buying the wrong tickets! :confused3

Karen

ok has anyone else used abfabflorida.com ? I just tried them and got a really good rate compared to undercovertourist.com and kgstickets.com.

I got a price of $831 at abfablorida.com for buying 4 days and getting 2 days free.
I got $860 at kgstickets.com for 6 days
I got $849 at undercovertourist.com for 4 days and getting 2 days free

Before I buy from abflorida I just wanted to be on the safe side and know they are ok to buy from. I have never bought tickets offline before.

If you are staying at the Red Roof Inn on Kyng's Heath in Kissimmee I have not been to the hotel itself, but it is a good, close-in location.

I would suggest getting your tickets at the "Official Ticket Center" which is at the Chevron gas station on the NW corner of where Poinciana Blvd intersects with SR-535 and just North of Osceola Parkway. It is very close to where you will be staying and they have tickets in stock so you don't have to preorder. And they are open 8:00am to 8:30pm daily.

Also there are a lot of fairly decent and inexpensive places to eat near where you will be.

Cheshire Figment, will she get a discount at the Chevron station or are you just suggesting that so she doesn't have to pre-order?

I am kicking myself for missing those one day Florida hospital tickets- We only have one day next month when we go! I just didn't think they'd sell out quite that fast!

do they cost the same as disney Cheshire Figment? Cause I kind of like the idea of abfabflorida with buying 4 and getting 2 days free for less money than Disneys 6 day pass.

thank you all for reassuring me we will do ok on our trip even if its more low key. NotSoMini thank you for letting me know that other ppl out there have had to do what you did as this is what we will be doing. tmatthews, I know how you feel that we really shouldnt be going on vacation but I have not had one in two years and I really need one and I think the kids deserve one too.

That's why we are going too! You do deserve it! ENJOY YOUR TIME!

Abfabflorida only has a $5 shipping charge and they came certified!

I have never heard of this Broker... SO I checked them out against UT and FabFlorida.
I had priced out 7 day Hopper tickets .. Undercover Price was $1,043.80
abfabflorida was $1006.00
so I checked KGS ...
Kissammee Guest Services.. Same tickets was $ $1051.16

These are the "OUT THE DOOR" Price. Sometimes you think you are getting a better deal... but the price does not include Taxes or shipping.

The Winner... Abfabflorida.com

It was the best price I could find too for a 4 day magic plus for four of us.:thumbsup2

OP,the magic is not in the character meals or the fancy tours. Its in the eyes of your children when they see :
the castle for the first time
The giant "golf ball"
the huge wiard's hat
the tree of life
and all of the other sites that will amaze them.

The first trip I took with my son was in 1979 when he was 4 years old. I was a cash strapped single mom in college.
His grandmother gave me money to stay at the Contemporary. On the way down (we drove from Louisiana), I kept seeing billboards with really cheap prices. The CR at the time was about 100.00/night. I decided to stay in a 19.99 Days Inn. My son didn't care. We used the extra money for more Disney souveniers and on the way home souveniers.
It truly was the most magical Disney trip that I ever took and it was because I saw Disney throught the eyes of my child.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter