Best Place for dinner at Magic Kingdom?

jbayer

Earning My Ears
DW wants to have dinner at MK one night during our stay, but we aren't sure where to go. Any suggestions? Thanks!
John

Are you looking for table service or counter service? I am not crazy about any of the full-service locations at the Magic Kingdom and generally stick with places like Columbia Harbour House or Cosmic Ray's.

If I want to luxury of a server, I typically choose The Plaza, which offers mostly sandwiches and ice cream, but it's a quaint setting, and the food is of a high quality.

We've only done Tony's and Plaza for dinner (we did Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch which we enjoyed, but have avoided dinner because it is family style) and we don't do dinner buffets (except Biergarten or Cape May) so we've not done Crystal Palace for dinner (only breakfast). Of Tony's and The Plaza, we much prefer the Plaza. We enjoy the simple fare with all the heavy meals we eat the rest of the trip. The sandwiches are good and very big; they have the best french fries of any of the Disney restaurants and the desserts are :worship:

Thanks for all the input. I think we were looking for something not a buffet, since we have many of those already scheduled. It looks like some of the suggestions don't take or require reservations, which is great, with us having our 10 month old son with us. We're not sure what his 'schedule' will be like when we take the trip and DW is panicking about all the reservations we've made.
Again, thanks!
John

We actually leave Magic Kingdom and do one of the restaurants on the monorail line. Its like a extra ride for our kids and we feel we get a better meal than what is offered in MK. We are doing OHana this next trip.

Not a huge fan of the TS in the MK for dinner (love LTT for lunch, though). We'd actually prefer to leave the MK and take a boat to the Grand Floridian and eat at the Grand Floridian Cafe, or to Kona at the Poly, or to the Contemporary to the Wave, etc.

If you want a TS restaurant, go to a restaurant at one of the monorail resorts - I vote Ohana!

If you want a CS restaurant, go to Columbia Harbor House - yum, yum, yum!

Our favorties are the Columbia Harour House, Pecos Bills, and Crystal Palace. Not that crazy about other TS and CS there. But since you don't want buffet and I think you might be looking for TS I would recommend to jump on monorail and go to O'Hanas at the Poly. I know your son is only 10 months old but last time I ate there they had games for the young kids to participate in and he may enjoy watching them. Also I like the food and hello you can't beat the drinks!:goodvibes

Not a huge fan of the TS in the MK for dinner (love LTT for lunch, though). We'd actually prefer to leave the MK and take a boat to the Grand Floridian and eat at the Grand Floridian Cafe, or to Kona at the Poly, or to the Contemporary to the Wave, etc.

We actually leave Magic Kingdom and do one of the restaurants on the monorail line. Its like a extra ride for our kids and we feel we get a better meal than what is offered in MK. We are doing OHana this next trip.

If you want a TS restaurant, go to a restaurant at one of the monorail resorts - I vote Ohana!
I agree 100%. It's so nice to take a boat to one of the monorail resorts or to step off the monorail and walk a short distance to dinner. The food will be better and the experience can't be beat. And since you're so close, you can go back to MK for wishes or watch it from various locations at any of those resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter