Best option getting from OKW to Boardwalk in middle of day for a visit.

Donna M

DIS Veteran
We will have a car and like to use it. I have read that sometimes one can't park at BWV or BCV unless they have a dining reservation. We just want to walk around the boardwalk one afternoon. It will be end of January in the middle of the week. What are your suggestions? I'd rather not bus it to DS and transfer.

Not to burst your bubble, but there is nothing to see at BW during the day. You could try driving, but you may not get in. You could take a bus to HS then the boat to BW. Or a bus to any park then get on the BW bus.

Have to agree with Bill. Shops are nothing special, games are shut down during the day, JellyRolls & Atlantic Dance aren't open until the evening and the busker entertainment only occurs in the evenings. Restaurants are generally open (but check the hours).

You could take the bus to studios and take the path. That's probably the most efficient way to get there using Disney transportation.

Wow, I disagree! My fondest memories are walking on the Boardwalk watching the water/boats/people simply enjoying themselves, even during the day. You can grab a snack/drink and find a nice place to relax. If you have a car, can combine it with Epcot and walk in the back way through Int'l Gateway. The stroll to the BW area is lovely. You can also walk over to the Yacht/BC area where there are places to grab food as well. I do not like the fencing around the pool (to keep non-guests out) and find the Boardwalk area more relaxing to enjoy the scenery.

What are your suggestions? I'd rather not bus it to DS and transfer.
If you were to bus to HS it would be about a 15 minute walk back. Lyft/uber would be your cheapest option. Minnie van would be an option but a little pricey. If you really want to visit the area you might want to fit it in when you are planning your day at Epcot.

The BW area really comes alive in the evening. During the day there are the shops and yes of course Ample Hills is worth a visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter