Best offsite w. kids' activities?

wdw-ocd

DIS Veteran
I've finally convinced dh to go on our last family trip to the world this summer:cool1: but he's given me a pretty tight budget line to work with:eek: This means we'll be spending more time at the hotel than the parks.

Can anyone recommend an offsite with a great pool and organized kids' activities that won't break the bank?

TIA :goodvibes

check out westgate lake resorts in orlando. it is closer to sea world and universal but it has tons of kids activites at the resort itself. with many nice pools, etc. i also stayed at Floridays resort, which is right at the entrance to disney world.. less than 5 minute drive to the MK parking lot. hope that helps!:thumbsup2

Not sure how big or small that tight budget is but I think you might be well served by checking into some of the many timeshare resorts, as the PP suggests, in the Disney area.

For pools and childrens' activities I'd suggest (in no particular order of preference) the Sheraton Vistana Resort, Marriott's Cypress Harbour, Marriott's Grande Vista, Marriott's Harbour Lake, or the tri-Marriotts adjacent to the Marriott World Center Hotel property - Imperial Palm Villas, Sabal Palms or Royal Palms, Orange Lake Country Club Resort, or one of the three Hilton Grand Vacation Club properties (SeaWorld, International Drive or the new Parc Soleil resort). Renting from a timeshare owner is usually a less expensive option to making a direct reservation. Check out www.redweek.com or the classifieds at the Timeshare Users' Group site www.tug2.net.

As for standard hotels, the Marriott World Center hotel's facilities are pretty impressive - several pools, water slide, game room, large food court, a childrens' activity center and the long list of planned daily childrens' activities.

Dick Taylor

Besides the great suggestions of the Marriott Vacation Club timeshares and Sheraton Vistana and Sheraton Vistana Villages, I'd also consider Wyndham's Bonnet Creek - it has lazy river pools and slides.

Good luck in your search. There are some really terrific timeshare resorts in Orlando - with quality just as good as Disney Vacation Club (sometimes better). I've found the quality so good for timesharing in Orlando that besides owning DVC, we also own with Marriott and Wyndham.

We got lucky with a rental from an owner for our upcoming stay at Hilton's Parc Soleil resort - $330 for the week in a 1 bedroom. I'm really excited to get to stay in a Hilton Vacation Club resort.

Wow, what a great price littlestar! I priced the Parc Soleil too, but the cheapest I've found is $1500 for 1 week (we need a 2 bedroom for all 6 of us):confused3

Bonnet Creek is another one of our top choices. I've tried contacting Vacationupgrades the other day, but I haven't heard back. Hopefully that owner is away on his own vacation and will return refreshed and ready to give us a deal!:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter