Best off site with Pool and Cont. Breakfast

nun69

Mouseketeer
can you guys tell me which site {off site} has the best pool and offers continetal breakfast? we really like the pool at DLH but just can't justify the $$$ {about an extra $1000} for a pool an convience...the kids are 7 and 15...any advice would be GREATLY appreciated....or should I just bite the bullet and stay at DLH or PP:confused3

I guess the question is: how close do you want to be?

I'd add in a third requirement: within walking distance.

The best pool for little kids is Hojo's. I'm not sure about bigger kids. But Hojo's doesn't have continental breakfast.

I'll be interested to see the responses.

We do RI Maingate, under 1/2 mile walk, nice pool and it has a full hot breakfast. Cont. breakfast not filling for my teenage/young adult group.

Jack

can you guys tell me which site {off site} has the best pool and offers continetal breakfast? we really like the pool at DLH but just can't justify the $$$ {about an extra $1000} for a pool an convience...the kids are 7 and 15...any advice would be GREATLY appreciated....or should I just bite the bullet and stay at DLH or PP:confused3

Best Western Park Place has a breakfast and an outside pool, Desert Inn and Suites has breakfast and an indoor pool and nice hot tub.

is that the Ramanda Inn?

Residence Inn Maingate. It saves us a bunch of $$$ that has the full meal deal plus managers specials at night. We use the money for other perks during our stay.

Jack

Tropicanna has a decent pool and jacuzzi, it does offer a continental breakfast but this is not of a great quality (danishes, coffee etc), BWPPI has only a small pool as does Carousel Inn and Candy Cane but they do have a better breakfast. Tropicanna, BWPPI and Carousel are the closest to DL Entrance of any hotel including the DL Hotel and PP Hotel. HoJos has the best pool complex of any offsite hotel but has no breakfast and is 10 to 15 minute walk from DL. If a pool is important then I would stay here and have breakfast at minnie (right next to the hotel) every morning, HoJo is a very reasonable price, what you save on the room you could spend on buying breakfast....

Candy Cane Inn. The pool isn't huge, but its nice and well kept. The grounds are beautiful and the continental breakfast is good. I haven't had bad service yet and the walk is very manageable. They even have a shuttle if you prefer not to walk. We just stayed at the Howard Johnson for the first time and I find the walk equal distance wise, but I prefer the walk to/from Candy Cane. The HoJo walk has alot of driveways to worry about and two crosswalks to manage. CCI has none of that and the landscaping is better. That all being said I loved the Entertainment rate and Mimi's. We will go back to the HoJo for budget minded trips. CCI for our longer stays.

The walk from HoJos is shorter than CCI if you cross Harbor at Manchester, this means there is only one crosswalk to negotiate (the same as the walk from CCI) and its between a 10 and 15 minute walk, CCI is typically a 15 minute walk minimum, it is well over half a mile but a pleasant enough walk. CCI does offer a good breakfast though but is quite a bit more expensive than HoJos, HoJos has much larger rooms though, the CCI rooms are a bit cramped for a family of four unless you get their premier rooms. However the CCI premier room is still smaller than a standard HoJo room. Tropicanna, BWPPI, Carousel are all just a 5 minute walk.

Tropicana has a nice pool and hot tub but the breakfast lacks. seriously lacks. LOL

BWPPI has a good breakfast but I've never used their pool. It was closed the one night we stayed there. :)

We like the HoJo but they don't do breakfast, if we need to eat before hitting the parks we will go to Mimi's, good food, good price, good service. If not we cross at Manchester and save some walking time and grab something in the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter