Best of the DISUnplugged

I love the Dis Podcast. Pete, I was looking for the full report on Kevin and John's trip to Italy, but I can't find it. Could you point me to it, or post the link.

Thanks

Love it, but it should come with a warning.

I was listening in public to Bob's donkey lottery thing and was laughing out loud to the point of tears. Don't mind me...:rolleyes1

I listened to it today during my walk and it reminded me that we never got to see any of the 6 1 hour tapes that John said he recorded during the Italy trip. :( Loved the recap though! :thumbsup2

I love the Dis Podcast. Pete, I was looking for the full report on Kevin and John's trip to Italy, but I can't find it. Could you point me to it, or post the link.

Thanks

I remember that. It was just before the ABD board was created. Would love to listen to this again :)

When Pete first mentioned the Best Of show last week, I thought, oh great, next week's show will be a bunch of "filler", but it was honestly the "best". Disney changes so much that I thought much of whatever was included would be irrelevant, but I found myself positively glued to my iPod. :thumbsup2

I would also love to hear the more detailed account of Kevin & John's ABD trip to Italy! Any chance we could get a link? I can't seem to find it either!

I'm very sorry for doubting y'all. The show rocked and it's a fabulous idea that should be repeated when necessary.

:dance3:

Pete-
LOVED LOVED LOVED the Best of show last week! Great idea, and great segments. I know it's hard work for you, but it is much appreciated. I hope tons of new listeners got to hear why the Pod Squad loves ya'll!! You guys rock! :thumbsup2

I've listened to it twice. Pete, you picked some great segments. Can't wait for the tomorrow's!

Great show...I really enjoyed the Adventures by disney...now I'm saving up to take all 5 of us on one of those trips. Now I have to decide which one! Any thoughts Kevin? I'm looking at next summer, 2 adults, 9yo, 7yo and 3yo.

All of the Adventures sound great.

The adults and the two older kids will have a terrific time. The guides do an awesome job of keeping the kids involved and invested in the trip.

My only concern would be with a three year old. These are STRENUOUS trips and the parts of Europe I saw were not stroller (or wheelchair) friendly.

I am quoting from the ABD information:

"Is there a minimum age for travelers?
While children ages 4 and up at the time of travel are welcome to discover the stories of the world with Adventures by Disney, a recommended minimum age based on several factors for each of our adventures has been established. Because each child is different, please refer to the destinations-specific FAQs or call to discuss which trip will be most fun and rewarding. Guests under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Itineraries identified as 'Adult Only' are restricted to Guests 18 years and older at time of travel."

Hope this helps.

Kevin

We even work on vacation.

john and I did a call in segment for last October's podcast. We were calling from Italy and leaving messages on an answering machine which Pete edited into the show.

The hilarious part was that we could only record for 90 seconds or so and the machine would cut off. We were doing this at 2:00am Italy time and were exhausted. It was one of those things that got funnier and funnier as we went along.

By the time we were done leaving a trip report via voice mail we could hardly catch our breath.

Kevin

Hi Kevin!! Hope you are having a great time! Loving these "Best Of" shows, but I can't wait for y'all to be back!

Have fun! Hope Jersey is treating you well!

I just listened to Part 2 of the Best of Dis Unplugged. I didn't recall the 'Ohana review the first time, but this time I found it very entertaining. It's definitely the type of place where you have to be in the right frame of mind before entering. When my wife and I went, we enjoyed our meal. I liked the fact that we had a pretty good selection to choose from and we could request more of what we enjoyed.

The hilarious part to me was the green dip that John referred to as "pond scum". My wife and I enjoyed that dip so much that we asked for the recipe. It's called Chimichurri and the ingredients that make it green are oregano and parsley. The ingredient that is the most abundant is EVOO (for you Rachael Ray fans).

I have the recipe if anyone wants it. Although Kevin and John won't want it, I do recommend it with tortilla chips.

Just finished with Part 2.
I didn't think I'd be interested in listening to the same segments over again, but after hearing John talk about the Polynesian "female impersonator", you had me hooked and I just had to listen to the entire show.
I'm happy for the good(and new) review of Kona. We did breakfast there in late July and thoroughly enjoyed it. After months of thinking about and drooling over the possibility of finally eating Tonga Toast, I ordered.....the Big Kahuna. What can I say? I was verrry hungry that day.
My wife did order the drink with the Tinker Bell light-up ornament and she was going to give it;) to a friend who's a big Tinker Bell fan. I'm not sure if it ever made it to the friend. :laughing:
Thanks for sharing these highlights again and I'm looking forward to some great new stuff next week.

I almost had to pull over on my drive home today while listening the segment on Bob bringing in the empty Dole Whip containers. Pete's reaction after being taunted with the thought of a Dole Whip is priceless.

I had to play the segment about 'Ohana for my DH. We couldn't agree more with Kevin's review. All the meats had the same horrible, overly smoked flavor when we were there. It was really bad. I personally loved the sweet chicken wings (ours weren't cold) and the potatoes. I couldn't stay out of the peanut dip either. Everything else was REALLY bad though. I would give it another try in the future when they change the menu again but DH refuses to return. Can't say I really blame him.

I discovered the DISUnplugged a few weeks ago thru other listener's post signatures. I love listening to the show each week! Kevin, I put in a request for a Boma review. Not sure if it's been done already. :confused3 If it has, can someone post a link to it? Thanks!

Kudos to everyone involved with the podcast!

I enjoyed everything about the best of series and appreciate you guys need a break- but I really missed getting the news. :headache: I was forced to listen to another podcast :rolleyes1 to catch up on the latest rumors and Disney news. Yes, I know I could read it on the site- but it's not the same without the commentary.

Thanks!
Hope you all had a great rest and I am excited to hear the new show tomorrow!

DH and I loved these two shows! We laugh so hard everytime that they struggle to find something nice to say during a restaurant review. I missed the crab cake show the first time round and laughed so hard I woke up my daughter who was sleeping in the back seat :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter