Best of Juneau excursion just disappeared from my itinerary

Some others on our August cruise to Alaska have been reporting canceled excursions - supposedly due to lack of tour operators. Not sure if that applies here?

I lost my Photo Safari on Friday for the 6 June Cruise - Disney cancelled it (but not all of them - just the one we were on). Anyway, I've spoken to the actual tour operator, plus another one...there is definitely a shortage of guides/etc. going on in Juneau right now it seems.

It’s not just DCL, we’re on a Princess cruise to Alaska this summer and people are losing excursions as vendors have been unable to ramp up their staffing to support the busy summer season. We’ve got a couple backup options planned in each port if any of excursions fall through.

Yes lack of staff. No housing and very expensive cost of living up there. Tour operators can't afford to pay people $1,000 a day which is what would be needed to get sufficient staffing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter