Best M&G’s

Minnie368

DIS Veteran
Planning our trip this Dec 12-19 with DH, DS19 and DD16. We haven’t really done many M&G for years but looking to add a few to our plan this time around just for fun. What are the top M&G for interaction with older teens/adults? Planning Merida for sure (hope she’s still there) but looking for ideas for some others that could be fun. Any input appreciated!

Planning our trip this Dec 12-19 with DH, DS19 and DD16. We haven’t really done many M&G for years but looking to add a few to our plan this time around just for fun. What are the top M&G for interaction with older teens/adults? Planning Merida for sure (hope she’s still there) but looking for ideas for some others that could be fun. Any input appreciated!
Chewbacca in DHS in a fun meet and also Kylo Ren if you don’t think he’s too intimidating.

For a nice Christmas photo, Mickey and Minnie meet together and will be wearing Christmas sweaters in AK.

Chip and Dale are always fun. They joked with us as much as the kids.
Kylo is good if you've got Star Wars t-shirt on (either Rebels or "dark side")

I'l second meeting Chewie at DHS. We had some fun meet and greets last time out, but Chewie knocked it out of the park. Plus, I've never seen my boyfriend so happy to see a character as when he walked around the corner and saw him, so..

Another vote for both Gaston and Chewbacca! One of our best pictures is of Chewbacca hugging my DH! He's so big and so much fun!
We like Kylo Ren too, but if you're easily intimidated he can be a lot to handle. I'm really hoping they bring back the Jawas when Star Wars land opens next year. They are a blast and I miss them!

Cinderella's Stepsisters, Gaston, and the Star Wars characters are usually the most fun. Kylo Ren can actually be a lot of fun and his line typically is not very long. Mickey is always a must for me. It is fun to see him and Minnie together in AK, but the line is usually long- sometimes it gets shorter in the evenings. DD always gets great pictures with Dug and Russell at AK too, and they are also fun.

Gaston can be more fun for the adults than the kiddos I think! Especially for the young ladies ;)
Actually, now that I think about it, every time I’ve met Gaston there weren’t many kids in line.

Kylo and Chewie are good for adults too. Any of Mickey and friends are good, but Goofy and Chip n Dale are especially, well, goofy, and therefore more fun.

Peter Pan is a lot of fun to watch with the kids in line in front of you and can be good for adults too, if you’re not too shy to talk with him. The friend of Peter I met in March and September was the same friend, and he is awesome. Spot on with the character and wonderful with the kids, so much fun to watch.

Alice can be good. I met her twice in the last year, at Epcot. The first time she was chatting away with everyone, kids or no, but last time I saw her it was a different friend and she was pretty quiet.

Another Gaston fan here... I haven't actually met him yet, but like to make a point to watch him "work".

Also agree Chewie is a lot of fun, and Chip is one of my favs, so I like to do a Garden Grille meal to get lots of time to hang out with him. I had a nice meet with Tink, discussing how smelly pirates are, but haven't met Peter yet, sounds like he would also be fun.

Last edited:
I always visit Chip and Dale at least 2 times per trip, they love having a good time! (I brought them acorns once and they went WILD)
I also really like visiting Kylo (He's a little frightening :scared:)
Joy and Sadness are great too, I've always had good interactions with them.

Gaston is hilarious. Even waiting in line is a hoot. You have to really listen cause some of his zingers are fast & people miss it. Which makes it even funnier. :rotfl:

I just met the step sisters & they were pretty funny also feeding off each other. A child was screaming in line so they screamed back. :thumbsup2

And Chewie. What can I say? :love: Even my mom got ga-ga. Seeing him up close does that I suppose.

Anastasia and Drizella are super fun. They nail their personalities and are great to interact with and to watch in action. If your DS proposes the reactions are epic. I almost felt bad for the other guests waiting in line when we met them because DS brought a ring pop for each that matched their dresses and proposed to BOTH of them. They squealed, bickered, fought over him and ultimately made HIM choose with sister he wanted to marry, then sent us on a mission to bring back a priest to officiate the ceremony. They spent close to 10 minutes with us.

Gaston is hilarious. Even waiting in line is a hoot. You have to really listen cause some of his zingers are fast & people miss it. Which makes it even funnier. :rotfl:

I just met the step sisters & they were pretty funny also feeding off each other. A child was screaming in line so they screamed back. :thumbsup2

And Chewie. What can I say? :love: Even my mom got ga-ga. Seeing him up close does that I suppose.
These are exactly my top three for the same reasons. Plus of course Jack Sparrow on those rare occasions.

The smile on DD's face when she hugged Chewie, worth every moment of planning.
And I heard from a cast member's friend that they did away with the Jawas b/c too many people were upset that they didn't get to trade with them.

When my daughters were 4 and 2, on our first day of our first visit to WDW with them they got on a very empty carousel and the stepsisters walked on right after. In my memory they were the only people on the ride with us, but that must not be accurate. They sat on horses on either side of my 4yo and gossiped with her for the entire ride. She still talks about her special ride with the stepsisters. Apparently they were giving her tips for how to make her little sister clean up after her!

I was going to suggest Merida but sounds like you've got that one covered! We met her for the first time 2 weeks ago and she was great!

Joy and Sadness were great with the kids, and Baymax was so cute! He let out air to get shorter for the pose with the girls. Merida was great the first time; last time they didn't do the bow and arrow so I'm not sure if they do that any more. When the girls met Anna, they told her they were sisters and loved each other like she and Elsa. When they finished and went in to meet Elsa, Anna came in and all 4 posed together. Loved it. The best by far was Pocahontas and Miko. They played hide and seek with the girls. In fact, they took so much time, I was kind of worried about the people behind us waiting, but the girls loved it! Dug was a great interaction. Cinderella's stepsisters are funny; and Tinkerbell (as seen in my avatar) loved meeting her fairy friends and showed them the way to Pixie Hollow. Jack Skellington was so sweet when my (then) 4 year old went up to meet him. She sang him the This is Halloween song. There have really only been a couple of disappointments, but they're few and far between!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter