Best Hotel's Rooms for Resting

Wiggle

Are we there yet?
My parents-in-law are considering taking my teenage niece and nephew to the World in August. The PIL are both disabled, but would do swimmingly well on ECVs while in the parks.

FIL really needs to spend quality rest time throughout the day, and I am looking for opinions on the best hotel rooms (onsite) for resting. That means that I don't want a room with two beds and a table and chairs. He rests best in a recliner because he needs to put his feet up since they swell so much.

What are your opinions?

Thanks so much!

One of the Home Away From Home resorts might serve his needs best --- if he has a couch to sit on, that might help. When I took my 4 elderly relatives, they were quite comfortable in the OKW living room on the ground floor. My mom put her feet up on the couch. they were very pleased. Boardwalk Villas might be another good choice.

I do seem to remember that one of the offsite resorts has recliner chairs... anyone?

I agree with the home away from home resorts. OKW doesn't have recliners, but they do have a regular upholsterd chair with a nice ottoman (one in the living room and one in the master bedroom), and you can always put your feet up on the couches. I'm not sure about BW.
A one bedroom at one of the home away from home resorts would fit them well. There is a master bedroom with a king size bed, a large bathroom area with a jacussi and a sink. There is also a large bathroom area with a sink, toilet and shower. The living area and full kitchen are combined into a great room with 2 couches (one is a queen sleeper sofa), a dining table with 4 chairs. There is also a private porch with a table and 4 chairs. There's plenty room to get around with an ecv in the room and you also have a laundry room right in the room.
If they want a little more room (or don't want anyone to sleep in the living room), a two bedroom unit adds another bedroom with 2 queen beds and another bathroom.

I also remember someone talking about recliners. I searched under recliners and found this from March:
The only one I know of is HIFS which has "theatre suites" where the second "bedroom" is actually a room with two recliners and a big screen tv in it. Son could sleep on the pull out couch in the living area. I am sure other hotels in the area must have "comfy" chairs, as well. For me, at least, no amount of pillows on a regular bed would cut it if I was really in pain. The drawback of an offsite hotel would be that you would probably need a rental car since the hotel's shuttle may not accomodate ECVs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter