Best Hotel You've Ever Stayed

Bellagio, Las Vegas (stayed in a HUGE suite)
Sonnenalp, Vail, Colorado
Ritz Carlton, Beaver Creek, Colorado

I have stayed in many nice hotels over the years. Checking into a nice hotel is one of my favorite things to do. I am admittedly a hotel snob.

I have never stayed in a true luxury hotel. Embassy Suites is the best I have done. The one in Sacramento was beautiful. My parents treated us for Christmas 2 years ago. DS #3 would not sleep, so we hung out with the night staff till about 3 am. Very nice staff working that night.

U.S. hotel - The Liberty Hotel in Boston
Eutope - The Grand Mark Hotel i Prague
Disney - Aulani

How long ago was this? Curry Village (or whatever it's called now) has WiFi at the lounge for guests. It's not broadcast throughout the place though.

Cell phone service is there, but spotty. My wife needed to make a call and we drove around until it connected. I've actually made a call from the top of Half Dome, and even once in the backcountry.
We tried the wifi at the lounge but it was patchy and slow and I was actually enjoying the disconnection. I did get good reception at the top of Sentinal Dome :-)

Staying in a bungalow over the water (with a glass panel for viewing fish) has been #1 on my bucket list for almost 30 years. We're going to the Intercontinental Bora Bora & Thalasso Spa this summer and I. Cannot. Wait.

As for me, I was surprisingly impressed by the Bellagio (Las Vegas). All of the common areas were beautiful and our room was nice too.

I also loved The Grand Californian! Because ... well ... Disney and the 5-minute walk to California Adventure.

Make sure you book your shark and stingray snorkeling adventure. One of the greatest experiences of my life. You can see one of my pics in my avatar.

That is my dream trip!

I highly recommend it.

1. Grand Hyatt Kauai - location, service, resort, unbelieveable experience - it checked every box for us

Aulani Oahu - close second

Yes, my husband and I are into pools !

For some wonderfully strange reason the Fairmont in San Francisco upgraded us to their top floor suite. For no additional cost! This suite was huge; bigger than our house at the time. This suite had two big living areas, a big room size foyer, two separate bathrooms, and two separate dressing rooms. The best thing was that we had a 180 degree view of San Francisco from the top of Knob Hill. The suite was so big we had windows facing west, north and east. As an added bonus the concierge got us a table at one of the best restaurants and the hotel kept our small economy rental car parked in a special VIP spot. We could never have afforded to pay for all of that on our own.

I've been upgraded before. However, sometimes getting upgraded to a suite in a basic hotel is more like getting a bigger room in a basic hotel. There was one place that my wife likes to go and one time they just gave us a suite for no extra charge. The regular rooms were just a nice, but this room was bigger and had a wet bar. Still - I'd rather have a standard room at a five-star hotel, even though the room might be smaller.

We tried the wifi at the lounge but it was patchy and slow and I was actually enjoying the disconnection. I did get good reception at the top of Sentinal Dome :-)

I was camping a few years back but paid for internet access at Yosemite Lodge. We just hung around the lobby with our computer. This was back before we had smartphones. They were very helpful back then. They had a list of access codes and wrote down a bunch and crossed them off a list. If we had any problems we just flashed our receipt and they gave us more codes. I think they might have changed the policies since then so that it's less than the multiple days access they used to give for a single fee.

USA (non disney) - tied between Waldorf Astoria NYC and Loews South Beach, Miami
WDW - Beach Club

I see some talking about upgrades... best place to ever get an upgrade... Park Hyatt in DC if you already have a suite. You get upgraded to these INCREDIBLE one-of-a-kind suites... amazing!!

I guess it's like comparing apples and oranges to me there are so many different types and levels of accommodations. Experience-wise, Grand Hotel, Mackinac Island. Truly like stepping back into bygone era. The dining from the decor, to the service to the food itself is something truly magical that even Disney can't touch. I feel lucky I've had a few opportunities to stay there in very low low season!

For us, I would say this one is at the top of my list too. We stayed one night at the Grand for our 6th wedding anniversary back in 1981. I remember paying the "outrageous" cost of $139/per night. We had a back-facing room, but oh, it was so pretty. And dinner in the dining room, with the elegance, the orchestra, the servers dressed so nice, and the outstanding food. The public areas of the hotel were so nice, and that wonderful mile-long outdoor porch with rockers. Such a unique experience. Sadly, I refuse to pay what they charge now so we haven't been back. I might go in the spring, as their rates are quite a bit more reasonable then, but DH is a farmer so we just can't count on getting away during the month of May.

Other great places for us have been Port Orleans Riverside at Disney (have stayed there 4 times) in the mansions section. We also love, love, love the Drury Inn & Suites hotels. We always get a suite and they are wonderful, with a door separating the living area from the bedroom (much prefer that, rather than just a large 1-room "suite") plus they have a wonderful breakfast AND they serve great snacks and drinks from 5-7 p.m. every evening. Hot and cold snacks, with some items (meatballs, pastas, baked potatoes, etc) being more like a meal rather than a snack. And each adult is allowed 3 free alcoholic drinks. :) We enjoy Hilton properties too, especially when we can get a room on DH's Hilton Honors points. One being the former Thomas Edison Inn, now Doubletree, in Port Huron. Another favorite is the Chippewa Hotel on Mackinaw Island, we like having a top floor room on the water side and love having morning coffee out on the balcony overlooking the water with the ferries coming in and freighters gliding by and watching the sunrise. :)

I've been upgraded before. However, sometimes getting upgraded to a suite in a basic hotel is more like getting a bigger room in a basic hotel. There was one place that my wife likes to go and one time they just gave us a suite for no extra charge. The regular rooms were just a nice, but this room was bigger and had a wet bar. Still - I'd rather have a standard room at a five-star hotel, even though the room might be smaller.

We were upgraded to a suite at Imperial Palace in Vegas. Was a VERY nice room, especially at $37 a night LOL

Www.camdenonthelake.com
Lake Of The Ozarks, Missouri

Right on the water
Nice oversized rooms
Kitchenette & electric fireplace in the room
Great staff
Best robes ever
Good food
Live entertainment
Spa
2-headed showers
Swim up bar

Only "negatives" are no indoor pool (for Winter visits) and no boat ramp.

Nice! Subscribing.

Thanks for the thread OP.

1) Club-level Polynesian at WDW. Room was regular but it was in the Hawaii building facing Magic Kingdom. We would stand out on our balcony at night and watch the fireworks. Plus the lounge just down the hall with all the treats we could want. Amazing trip.
2) Upgraded to a suite at NYNY in Las Vegas. Huge room with full size Jacuzzi off the master bedroom.
3) 1-bedroom suite on the Disney Wonder. Huge room with triple-long verandah.

The Shores in Daytona Beach. We stayed there driving home one year from WDW because I wanted to swim in the ocean. Our room made me feel like I was at a spa and the view of the ocean, while lying on the bed, was breathtaking!

TC :cool1:

Bellagio, Las Vegas (stayed in a HUGE suite)
Sonnenalp, Vail, Colorado
Ritz Carlton, Beaver Creek, Colorado

I have stayed in many nice hotels over the years. Checking into a nice hotel is one of my favorite things to do. I am admittedly a hotel snob.

We were just in Vail and had dinner at the Sonnenalp. I told dh we have to go back and stay there some day!!

I still have a lot of places yet to visit, but my favorite so far would have to be le Sirenuse in positano, Italy. It was so beautiful and the service was unreal. Just a very special hotel. Also the Solage Calistoga in Napa. I loved that the property was all individual cabins, sort of a rustic yet modern vibe, and each came with its own bikes.

My go-to happy place when I really need to just get away is the Ritz Carlton in Key Biscayne.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter