Best hotel near universal

Discussion in 'Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels' started by hmdsnow360, Mar 26, 2019.

1. hmdsnow360

hmdsnow360 Earning My Ears

What would be a good Choice for a hotel that’s near Universal Studios at a reasonable price

2. bobbie68

bobbie68 DIS Veteran

Hi we have only stayed at the Double Tree at the entrance to Universal once. It was a nice hotel and about a 20 minute walk. My father in law stayed at the Hampton near Universal and it was good. Hampton Inn for the most part is reputable. Honestly, we love staying on-site and usually do. I am sorry I don't have more choices. I am sure someone else will. Also, have you posted on the Orlando hotels and attractions thread? There is a lot of good off site recommendations.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. bchbetha

bchbetha DIS Veteran

What's your budget? "Reasonable price" is pretty vague. :)

amberpi likes this.
  5. AntimonyER

AntimonyER Mouseketeer

We have stayed at the Best Western Plus right across from the main entrance and was pleased with it.

halfpintpeggy likes this.
  6. schumigirl

schumigirl It's a bit of a roodie doodie word for lady parts

Drury Inn on Sand Lake/Turkey Lake Road...……

Gets amazing reviews.

7. jm106

jm106 DIS Veteran

I stayed in November at Residence inn by Sea world, not terribly far, and very nice reasonable priced hotel.

8. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

It depends on if you will have a car or not. We stayed once at The Doubletree across from Universal. Walked once, mostly used shuttle. What I noticed is The Doubletree had a lot more shuttle times than the surrounding hotels. Many only had 3 shuttle times, Doubletree had many. Made coming and going much less restrictive.
    Rooms are spacious.

9. larissawbb

larissawbb DIS Veteran

Universal’s value resorts are incredibly reasonable.

10. SarahWeasley

SarahWeasley Mouseketeer

We stayed at the Drury Inn last night and thought it was quite nice, I can recommend it.

I'd just caution that the Lyft we took to CityWalk for dinner took way longer than expected simply because the drop-off point was so choked with other Lyfts and Ubers. Something to consider if that's your planned mode of travel.

11. Esmerelda

Esmerelda DVC'r 10/04/Dis Veteran

We have stayed at the Doubletree Suites right across from the entrance. We walked to USF in about 10 minutes. I believe they are building a walkway that is right at the corner of this hotel going over to Universal. We had zero complaints about the DT. A very nice hotel reasonably priced, with great beds. Best of luck to you.

Sue M likes this.
  12. schumigirl

schumigirl It's a bit of a roodie doodie word for lady parts

They certainly are building a walkway over the road...….it`s getting there :thumbsup2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sue M, Esmerelda and macraven like this.
  13. damo

damo Proud Redhead

Oh that is awesome that they are building a walkway.

Sue M likes this.
  14. Monykalyn

Monykalyn DIS Veteran

Hyatt house across street from double tree (will be able to easily get to walkway) is new. Has no resort or parking fees, breakfast included. We stayed in a beautiful 1 bedroom suite with full kitchen Christmas week for a fraction of onsite (even value resorts). But booking far ahead can often get pretty reasonable onsite rates

15. Matthew81

Matthew81 Earning My Ears

I'm looking for a hotel near Universal with no parking fees, free breakfast, clean and new looking, nice atmosphere, comfortable beds, nice pool/hot tub, and shuttles or short walk to Universal? Preferably one I could use Chase credit card points on...

Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
  16. Monykalyn

Monykalyn DIS Veteran

see my reply above-Hyatt House (not Hyatt Place which is in same parking lot). Pool was basic but nice, no hot tub that I remember. One of the few with new rooms, large suites and no fees at all.
    Or Drury Inn-but you will need to drive or use a shuttle, but think the pool is basic as well. Highly doubtful you will find something that will meet 100% of your criteria without being further away.

17. ArtieRyder

ArtieRyder Mouseketeer

We LOVE cabana bay. For reference, we typically stay at Disney Deluxe level. We go to cabana bay for off-cycle trips and absolutely love it.

Its got an amazing pool. You can rent a cabana at the pool for $100 for the day. Great food court. About a 15 minutes walk to city place, and, therefore universal parks.

Big rooms. We have 4 kids and we all fit in one room. Its about $230 a night.

We love it. Can't recommend it enough.

18. SA mom

SA mom DIS Veteran

You can book the Universal Resorts with Chase Ultimate Rewards.