Best grocery store near Grand Californian?

ngl

DIS Veteran
Will be coming into town next week and like to stop at a grocery store and get some basic supplies - bottled water, snacks, etc. I know every city in the US has "good" and "bad" areas(understanding that is relative) and not familiar with Anaheim so would appreciate recommendations where to go instead of just looking at the map and finding one. Much appreciated!

The nearest traditional grocery store is Vons on Chapman and Haster. That intersection can be kind of sketchy at night, but have never had any problems.
Target on Harbor can be a good option for groceries, as it has a strong grocery department with fresh produce, dairy, eggs, meat. This target is still in the resort area, so very tourist friendly and well lit.

I don't know if you'd be interested but Vons delivered our groceries for us by placing an order online - - it was really easy and I think that delivery was free with their promo code at the time last summer. We had to meet them at the front desk but it was super easy and convenient. Just a thought. Enjoy your trip!

Thank you for the replies! I forgot about Von's - we would use their service in Vegas for our girls trips and it always worked out well. Also good to know re Target. Thanks!

If all you want are water and snacks, there is a CVS and a Walgreens at Katella and Harbor. Not sure about Walgreens, but I know for sure that CVS has a selection of grocery items, (cereal, milk, microwavable meals, soup, bread, expensive fruit) and beer and wine. You could walk there from GCH, but walking back with groceries would be a hassle. An Uber would cost around $5 dollars.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter