Best food?

GrizzlyGirl

Mouseketeer
I was disappointed in the food at my last visit. I hadn't visited in about 3 years and I used to have my favorites. The menus have changed (good-bye Fried Green Tomato Sandwich at the Hungry Bear) and overall it did not seem good. I am not a vegetarian but those choices have almost disappeared! I'm hoping I just need to find some new favorites. Does anyone have suggestions? Is it better at the resorts or Downtown Disney? Of course, I could just eat less...JK!

I still liked these:
Plaza Inn chicken and salmon
Corn dogs
Churros
Red Rose Tavern - new to me :)
Catal
Tangaroa Terrace

I was not the biggest fan of:
Blue Bayou - notoriously more about atmo than food :)
Cafe Orleans (I did like this in the past)
Riverbell Terrace
Wine Country Trattoria

I have liked but did not make it to: (are they still good?)
Carnation Cafe
Carthay Circle
Hungry Bear

Carnation Cafe is still good. I enjoy the meatloaf, dh gets the chicken fried chicken, one dd gets a big salad, another dd gets the loaded baked potato soup, ds gets the burger and we all share an order of fried pickles and seasoned french fries.

Whitewater Snacks is still good. Sad they got rid of the indi pizza with the salad. Best meal ever. Wish they would bring it back and get rid of the other pizzas. Nachos are good. I enjoy the yogurt parfaits.

Golden Horseshoe is still good per my kids. They enjoy the chicken strips and fish fillets. We can order two chicken and two fish along with a couple of drinks and the 5 of us are fed well. (Kids are teenagers so you know they are bottomless pits when it comes to food).

Tortilla Joes is still good. In DTD.

slice of ice cold watermelon below chickapin....where else in the United States entertainment food service industry does that happen.....refreshing, healthy and very outdoors thematic!!!!!! and you have to sit down to eat it.....so an outstanding view, maybe the best eating view in Disneyland.

Carnation Cafe is still good. I enjoy the meatloaf, dh gets the chicken fried chicken, one dd gets a big salad, another dd gets the loaded baked potato soup, ds gets the burger and we all share an order of fried pickles and seasoned french fries.

Whitewater Snacks is still good. Sad they got rid of the indi pizza with the salad. Best meal ever. Wish they would bring it back and get rid of the other pizzas. Nachos are good. I enjoy the yogurt parfaits.

Golden Horseshoe is still good per my kids. They enjoy the chicken strips and fish fillets. We can order two chicken and two fish along with a couple of drinks and the 5 of us are fed well. (Kids are teenagers so you know they are bottomless pits when it comes to food).

Sorry you had a few meals you didn't like. There are still lots of great options and you named a few.
Plaza Inn is always a must visit for me, Storytellers Cafe, Carnation Cafe, White Water Snacks, Tangaroa Terrace, and French Market are all good options.

Here are my personal top 5 meals (some for lunch and some for dinner) at Disneyland:

And here are my top treats... I feel like each meal needs to end with something sweet:

I also like Flo's V8 Cafe for Breakfast. Great views and pretty good food.

Thank you very much for linking the videos!!

Thank you! I have always been afraid that the Golden Horseshoe was more about the show than the food!

I agree with the places you said were not good. IMO, they never were good...

Our favorites are still:
Hungry Bear (fried chicken sandwich is great)
Smokejumpers Grill
Plaza Inn
Red Rose Tavern
Flo's V8 Cafe
Jolly Holiday Bakery (great sandwiches!)
Rancho del Zocalo (DL)/Cocina Cucamonga (DCA)

Carthay Circle is still good.

Naples, Uva Bar, Catal, and Tortilla Joe's are best Downtown Disney restaurants. We always get horrible service at Ralph Brennan's, but I love the food there so won't give up on it.

Tangaroa Terrace at DLH and Whitewater Snacks at GCH are the best resort CS spots. Napa Rose and Steakhouse 55 are still great.

I was not the biggest fan of:
Blue Bayou - notoriously more about atmo than food :)
Cafe Orleans (I did like this in the past)
Riverbell Terrace
Wine Country Trattoria

I am not a fan of most of these places either but I'm curious about the issue you had at Cafe Orleans?

I am not a fan of most of these places either but I'm curious about the issue you had at Cafe Orleans?
I got the Blackened Fish and I thought it was meh - not very flavorful. My friend got the three cheese Monte Crisco which was as good as always.

I agree with the places you said were not good. IMO, they never were good...

Our favorites are still:
Hungry Bear (fried chicken sandwich is great)
Smokejumpers Grill
Plaza Inn
Red Rose Tavern
Flo's V8 Cafe
Jolly Holiday Bakery (great sandwiches!)
Rancho del Zocalo (DL)/Cocina Cucamonga (DCA)

Carthay Circle is still good.

Naples, Uva Bar, Catal, and Tortilla Joe's are best Downtown Disney restaurants. We always get horrible service at Ralph Brennan's, but I love the food there so won't give up on it.

Tangaroa Terrace at DLH and Whitewater Snacks at GCH are the best resort CS spots. Napa Rose and Steakhouse 55 are still great.

Does Smokejumper's have a fixings bar? That location used to. Thank you for the tip on Hungry Bear - that was one of my favs.

I got the Blackened Fish and I thought it was meh - not very flavorful. My friend got the three cheese Monte Crisco which was as good as always.

I have to agree with you. The only entree I'll eat there is the monte cristo and it always great and I'm always happy. Some of their other entree's do not look very good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter