Best Family Fun Restaurant on DDP

FBandA

How do I get to go back again?
Looking for Family Fun time. Thinking of Prime Time or Whispering Canyon any other idea's would be great. We are doing the HDDR only ADR I have so far.

You've listed #1 and #2 on the "fun dining" list.

Some folks also mention 'Ohana, but I feel it just doesn't live up to the standard set by Whispering Canyon.

The character meals are all fun for folks who like characters, but you're not really "interacting" with them -- they're stopping by to say hello, take a picture, and move one. Really not-fun, IMHO, except with very young children, who's reactions are the focus of the fun, in the end.

Some folks mention Sci-Fi; I don't consider that fun though. The "cool" tables are cramped, and the novelty wears off within 3-4 minutes. The movies aren't as fun as the television shows at 50s Prime Time, and the interactions with the servers isn't anything to speak of. I always thought they should make these servers play the part of rollerskating car hops, but I suppose that would be too dangerous.

We did Sci Fi last time and did not care for it either. It was to dark for me. We have not gone to Whispering Canyons so I think it is a done deal. Now what night do we go and what time? So many things to think about. DH just wants me off the computer :surfweb: . Thanks

We just went to WCC on Friday night and to quote my kids (aged 9 & 7) "That was the craziest restaurant ever!" They absolutely loved it and so did my parents (aged 75 & 74) We had a blast and the food was awesome!

Go and Enjoy it! We made reservations that day and were able to get a cancellation for 5:10pm. We then watched Wishes from the dock at 7pm. Great night before coming home yesterday :(

Teresa

If I were you, I would try both your suggestions. Prime Time is so fun and the wait staff is so funny, especially if you don't eat all of your food.

Whispering Canyon Cafe is awesome, when we were last at Disney (Sept. '05) we went there twice. Once for Breakfast and once for Dinner. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone wanting to have a good time. Make sure you ask for ketchup, it's a hoot. We have ADR for this June and my kids can't wait to go back. I can't wait to have the bottomless chocolate shakes, awesome.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter