Best "Disney walking " shoes for flat feet?? ( Lost my old ones :'-( )

Dionnemay

Mouseketeer
I go to Disney in less than 2 weeks and I cant find my favorite walking shoes anywhere!! I was holding out on buying new ones until my housekeeper came yesterday to do her monthly "Super clean" or the whole house & garage, oping she might find them but sadly, no :-( Apparently they must have got trapped in the same vortex that absorbs left socks because they are no where to be found.

So now I have to hurry and find another pair of walking shoes and break them in before my trip.
I have flat feet so Disney Walking is torture on my feet and back without the right support in my shoes.

Does anyone know of some good not- too expensive shoes for flat footers? I LOVED my old ones - that's why I kept them for so long . They were Nike Lubarglide + 5 womens running shoe which they don't sell anymore. They were amazing! Perfect arch support, breethable, light...it was like walking on pillows.

Now I have to get something else quick and trying to research reviews for shoes is confusing and time consuming. I got lucky with my Nikes and I dont know which shoes out of the cornucopia of results coming up online are going to be as good...

Plz help!

Fellow flat footer here. I have a pair of Ryka Devotion Plus 2's that have been surprisingly comfortable. I got them at DSW. I had never heard of the brand before, but I have been pleased with them. They are a little wider than standard shoes, and they had the size 11 that I need. Plus there are colors that aren't boring, which is a bonus for me.

I hope you find your other shoes! Maybe in a car or a bag you didn't unpack?

One potential option is to get a pair of inserts. I've had good luck with the relatively inexpensive kind of gel insoles.

We're big fans of Ecco shoes. They aren't super inexpensive, but we wear them a ton and get our money's worth. I'm a fan of the adjustable strap sandals, look for the ones with three straps (plus an ankle strap).

Another option you could try is to find a quality running shoe store (or walking shoe store). I don't mean the chains that are in every mall, I mean stores that are meant for runners. Several of the ones near me make a point of analyzing the way each customer walks, then they suggest shoes that fit your foot style, walking style and width. They aren't just trying to sell a pretty shoe, or the most expensive shoe. Talk to any runner you know, because they'll likely know a good place in your area.

If your shoes were getting old, maybe this is a good thing. As much as you may have loved them, at that age, they were probably worn out.

DH once wore an aged pair of sandals to WDW. On our very first evening, it rained, and his shoe hydroplaned because the tread was worn out. He took a nasty spill, and suffered some very unpleasant injuries. It impacted our whole trip. I speak from the experience of misfortune. Never again! WDW costs too much.

That said, perhaps the shoe you want is the Nike LUNARglide. Nike LUNARglide 7 and 8 came up right away when I searched, so those should be available to you. (newer models, same line).

Fellow flat footer here. I have a pair of Ryka Devotion Plus 2's that have been surprisingly comfortable. I got them at DSW. I had never heard of the brand before, but I have been pleased with them. They are a little wider than standard shoes, and they had the size 11 that I need. Plus there are colors that aren't boring, which is a bonus for me.

I hope you find your other shoes! Maybe in a car or a bag you didn't unpack?
Thanks! I'll check them out! I've looked eveywhere and nooooope, no Nikes :(

One potential option is to get a pair of inserts. I've had good luck with the relatively inexpensive kind of gel insoles.

We're big fans of Ecco shoes. They aren't super inexpensive, but we wear them a ton and get our money's worth. I'm a fan of the adjustable strap sandals, look for the ones with three straps (plus an ankle strap).

Another option you could try is to find a quality running shoe store (or walking shoe store). I don't mean the chains that are in every mall, I mean stores that are meant for runners. Several of the ones near me make a point of analyzing the way each customer walks, then they suggest shoes that fit your foot style, walking style and width. They aren't just trying to sell a pretty shoe, or the most expensive shoe. Talk to any runner you know, because they'll likely know a good place in your area.

If your shoes were getting old, maybe this is a good thing. As much as you may have loved them, at that age, they were probably worn out.

DH once wore an aged pair of sandals to WDW. On our very first evening, it rained, and his shoe hydroplaned because the tread was worn out. He took a nasty spill, and suffered some very unpleasant injuries. It impacted our whole trip. I speak from the experience of misfortune. Never again! WDW costs too much.

That said, perhaps the shoe you want is the Nike LUNARglide. Nike LUNARglide 7 and 8 came up right away when I searched, so those should be available to you. (newer models, same line).

LOL yah I got mine in 2016 but they were "Disney Shoes" so I only wore them whenever I went to DL/WDW so they didn't have the wear of shoes that are worn every day. I've seen the new Lunars but they get a lot of bad reviews - the 5's were the best. I see Lunar 5's on ebay for 60 bucks and they are USED lol. That's how good they were and how hard they are to find now.
IDK... Im gonna check out the brands suggested on here them if I cant figure it out I might have to go to a shoe store like you said but I'm super busy and I also HATE shopping so if I can avaoid that , I will lol

I'd never buy a shoe off the internet I'd not tried on beforehand. Go to a store.

I can't wear sandals of any kind at Disney, not enough support. But for my poor flat feet, I wear Easy Spirits (not too expensive) and alternate them with Brocks tennis shoes. Good luck!

I found my local running store about 10 years ago. I keep returning partly because I appreciate how effortless it is to shop there. I've worn every pair of shoes I bought there.

In summer I prefer the ease of sandals, but the running shoes get plenty of love, especially at WDW.

I also like being able t buy the same product year after year. It annoys me when companies change a product line I like.

le sigh, the only thing flat about me IS my feet ... :crazy2:

I swear by the original Crocs, which my daughter told me is "in" again (not that it has ever mattered to me, LOL). They can get wet, no issue, they are supportive, and squishy. Aaaaaaaah.

I also wear Fitflop sandals and shoes. They are the BOMB. My house is built on a slab, and if I am standing in the kitchen cooking and my back starts hurting, I know to go put on a pair of Fitflops. Eases my back pain instantly. I bought 2 pair of Mickey Mouse themed ones at WDW years and years ago; they aren't sold anymore. I will wear Fitflops at WDW with no problem, but mostly wear the original Crocs because I never have to worry about rain or wet rides/pavement. I have a beige pair and a black pair so they go with anything; they are ugly but I don't care!

I also use Body Glide on my feet, with my Crocs. I never have blisters. I bring Epsom salts and soak my feet at night, and take 2 advil before bed. I'm good to go the next morning.

Full disclosure: I'm soon to be 56; younger feet can get by with less care!

Have a fantastic trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter