Best Disney restaurants?

meggiebeth

WDW, DLR & DLP enthusiast
Hello!

We are thinking about upgrading to the deluxe DDP for our 11 night trip. So we will have 33 credits.

We need advice please! We have a list of 'must do's' but still many more credits to fill up!

Here is what I have come up with so far:

CRT (breakfast)
HDDR
Chef Mickey's (breakfast)
Akershus (breakfast)
Crystal Palace (breakfast)
Cape May Cafe (breakfast)
1900 PF (breakfast)
1900 PF (dinner)
Beaches & Cream (lunch)
Grand Floridian Cafe (?)
50s Prime Time Cafe (lunch)
Via Napoli (lunch or dinner)
Garden Grill (lunch or dinner)
Turf Club (lunch or dinner)
Planet Hollywood (dinner)

So- questions:

1) What other restaurants would you reccommend? (If it helps, we love character meals and experiences. We also have some very fussy eaters and a vegetarian!)

2) Is Mickey's Backyard BBQ worth it? We loved HDDR so are wondering if this would be a fun experience too. What about Spirit of Aloha?

3) Grand Floridian Cafe- for breakfast or dinner? We have been for lunch, and are eager to try either breakfast or dinner. Which is best?

4) Is CRT better for breakfast or dinner? Is it worth doing both? We love American breakfasts :rotfl: We thought it would be really neat being in the restaurant whilst Wishes is on.

5) Is it worth paying OOP for the afternoon tea at the GF? We love everything about the GF, and are British, so we like afternoon tea too. (My dad is crazy about scones!)

6) 2 credit restaurant reccommendations? We are needing some more reccommendations for 2 credit restaurants. Dinner shows, signature dining? What are your reccommendations? We have already eaten at Citricos and California Grill and want to try some other places.

Thanks in advance! :dance3:

6) 2 credit restaurant reccommendations? We are needing some more reccommendations for 2 credit restaurants. Dinner shows, signature dining? What are your reccommendations? We have already eaten at Citricos and California Grill and want to try some other places.

Thanks in advance! :dance3:

If you are looking for the "best" and want to try some places that you haven't been and stick with the dining plan, I would suggest Flying Fish, Jiko, Yachtsman Steakhouse, and to a lesser extent, Narcoossee's. If you truly want the best of the best, then you have to step away from the Dining Plan for a few meals. That opens up Victoria & Albert's, bluezoo, Il Mulino, Shula's and Kimono's.

Not sure if going to a mock-up of a UK Pub is of any interest to you, but Ragland Road is fun and has pretty good food.

Le Cellier is 2 TS for dinner. Fulton's Crab House and Hollywood Brown Derby are also 2 TS credits. Yum to all three! 1 TS credit restaurants I recommend are Kouzzina, Rose and Crown, 'Ohana. Last year we had dinner at Grand Floridian Cafe and plan to do so again on our upcoming trip!

A few of our favorites for dinner are Cape May (I see you are going for breakfast, which we also love), Boma, and Ohana. For signature restaurants, we have eaten at Yachtsman Steakhouse and Artist Point and both were awesome. The filet at YSH is amazing as is the filet and salmon at Artist Point :thumbsup2. We have done the Spirit of Aloha dinner show at the Poly, which we thought was a cute show and good food ;).

33x number of people. All credits are in one lump total and snacks as total snack credits. Use them anytime. U r not restricted to 3aday use of. Just make sure all have their roomkeys at meals.

Anyone in party can use any of the groups total "pool" of credits. You can get a printout at meals that shows whats left.

We use dxdp for just shure easiness for family.

Our favs.....AP, Citricos, CG, FLYING FISH

The only cash needed.....tips and blowit money.

We do early breakfast. Snacks in parks at lunch. lower lines at lunchtime. Signature dinners later 7:30-8

PS........I MISS BAWB! !!!!

If you are looking for the "best" and want to try some places that you haven't been and stick with the dining plan, I would suggest Flying Fish, Jiko, Yachtsman Steakhouse, and to a lesser extent, Narcoossee's. If you truly want the best of the best, then you have to step away from the Dining Plan for a few meals. That opens up Victoria & Albert's, bluezoo, Il Mulino, Shula's and Kimono's.

Not sure if going to a mock-up of a UK Pub is of any interest to you, but Ragland Road is fun and has pretty good food.

Le Cellier is 2 TS for dinner. Fulton's Crab House and Hollywood Brown Derby are also 2 TS credits. Yum to all three! 1 TS credit restaurants I recommend are Kouzzina, Rose and Crown, 'Ohana. Last year we had dinner at Grand Floridian Cafe and plan to do so again on our upcoming trip!

A few of our favorites for dinner are Cape May (I see you are going for breakfast, which we also love), Boma, and Ohana. For signature restaurants, we have eaten at Yachtsman Steakhouse and Artist Point and both were awesome. The filet at YSH is amazing as is the filet and salmon at Artist Point :thumbsup2. We have done the Spirit of Aloha dinner show at the Poly, which we thought was a cute show and good food ;).

33x number of people. All credits are in one lump total and snacks as total snack credits. Use them anytime. U r not restricted to 3aday use of. Just make sure all have their roomkeys at meals.

Anyone in party can use any of the groups total "pool" of credits. You can get a printout at meals that shows whats left.

We use dxdp for just shure easiness for family.

Our favs.....AP, Citricos, CG, FLYING FISH

The only cash needed.....tips and blowit money.

We do early breakfast. Snacks in parks at lunch. lower lines at lunchtime. Signature dinners later 7:30-8

PS........I MISS BAWB! !!!!

Many thanks for all reccommendations.

We have tried Rose and Crown and didn't like it. It was not very British :rotfl: I would quite like some American cuisine restaurants. We looooooove American food :bitelip:

We are thinking about Artists Point, Le Cellier, Yachtsman Steakhouse or Flying Fish. Which would you reccommend? We have some fish lovers, but needs other meat options too. :rolleyes2

We have tried Rose and Crown and didn't like it. It was not very British :rotfl: For the record, Ragland Road has much better food, but it probably won't satisfy your desire for American food.

We are thinking about Artists Point, Le Cellier, Yachtsman Steakhouse or Flying Fish. Which would you reccommend? We have some fish lovers, but needs other meat options too. :rolleyes2

In order, I would choose:
Flying Fish
Artist's Point
Yachtsman Steakhouse
Le Cellier

JimmyV said:
Flying Fish
Artist's Point
Yachtsman Steakhouse
Le Cellier

Many thanks:) If Raglan Road is good, then I will think about trying it- sadly the R&C just put us off a little. I just read a TR with some very tempting food of RR... it does actually look Irish!

Thanks for the list. We love the Boardwalk so were thinking about Flying Fish. Is Le Cellier not very good then?

We havent been to Wilderness Lodge yet so thought Artist Point would be good. However we may just go to the Whispering Canyon Cafe :)

Le Cellier is a must-do! Absolutely delicious! I'm thinking of cheddar cheese soup right now! We've had melt-in-you-mouth steaks there. I would highly recommend it.

-M

nebdisneyfan said:
Le Cellier is a must-do! Absolutely delicious! I'm thinking of cheddar cheese soup right now! We've had melt-in-you-mouth steaks there. I would highly recommend it.

-M

Thanks for the info. :) We are big fans of cheddar cheese soup which is what got me interested in Le Cellier. It's so hard choosing between restaurants!

I'd suggest dinners at Narcoosee's, Yachtsman, and Artist Point, as well as lunch or dinner at Hollywood Brown Derby. All of these are 2 credit signature restaurants. I think you'll be disappointed with LeCellier after eating at any of the other signature restaurants, although their food has traditionally been pretty good.

With 3 table service credits per person per day, you could, in theory, spend all day in restaurants and come home 10 pounds heavier. Most people, myself included, use the plan to have signature lunch or dinner and one other sit down meal each day, filling in any hungry gaps with snacks.

Tea at GF is not spectacular. Pretty room, and adequate food...a little hit and miss for the price...we went to tea at the Ritz in London, and have been to loads of other fancy teas...so a little disappointing for us. For great food, we love: Jiko, Artist Point, Citrico...Boma, GF Cafe, all Japan Pavillion places, Tangierine, Seasons, Wolfgang Puck Cafe, and are you going to Hoop De Doo? Believe you can use DDP for the late show...so much Disney fun!

Flying Fish
Artist's Point
Yachtsman Steakhouse
Le Cellier

I agree with the above. If you're doing deluxe, you have so many better options. Flying Fish, California Grill, and Artist Point were wonderful. We have not done Yachtsman yet, but we enjoyed Le Cellier as a lunch.

In my opinion, I'd definitely cancel 1900 Park Fare for dinner, especially if you're doing breakfast. No need to go to the same place twice, and we had their dinner and it wasn't good. Then, I'd cancel Planet Hollywood and maybe Garden Grill as well. There are just too many good options out there, especially if you're doing the deluxe.

I'd suggest dinners at Narcoosee's, Yachtsman, and Artist Point, as well as lunch or dinner at Hollywood Brown Derby. All of these are 2 credit signature restaurants. I think you'll be disappointed with LeCellier after eating at any of the other signature restaurants, although their food has traditionally been pretty good.

With 3 table service credits per person per day, you could, in theory, spend all day in restaurants and come home 10 pounds heavier. Most people, myself included, use the plan to have signature lunch or dinner and one other sit down meal each day, filling in any hungry gaps with snacks.

Tea at GF is not spectacular. Pretty room, and adequate food...a little hit and miss for the price...we went to tea at the Ritz in London, and have been to loads of other fancy teas...so a little disappointing for us. For great food, we love: Jiko, Artist Point, Citrico...Boma, GF Cafe, all Japan Pavillion places, Tangierine, Seasons, Wolfgang Puck Cafe, and are you going to Hoop De Doo? Believe you can use DDP for the late show...so much Disney fun!

I agree with the above. If you're doing deluxe, you have so many better options. Flying Fish, California Grill, and Artist Point were wonderful. We have not done Yachtsman yet, but we enjoyed Le Cellier as a lunch.

In my opinion, I'd definitely cancel 1900 Park Fare for dinner, especially if you're doing breakfast. No need to go to the same place twice, and we had their dinner and it wasn't good. Then, I'd cancel Planet Hollywood and maybe Garden Grill as well. There are just too many good options out there, especially if you're doing the deluxe.

Thanks for all the input. Afternoon tea is out then- we do not want to spend extra money if it is not worth it. (We are going to HDDR btw, we love it love it love it!)

We really like the experiences like character meals and shows. So we want a mix of these and signature meals.

I am still tempted by Artist Point, Flying Fish Cafe and Yachtsman Steakhouse. Which, honestly, is the best? Do any serve some good salmon dishes? There need to be some good veggie options too. I am going to have a look at some menus :surfweb:

Thanks for all the input. Afternoon tea is out then- we do not want to spend extra money if it is not worth it. (We are going to HDDR btw, we love it love it love it!)

We really like the experiences like character meals and shows. So we want a mix of these and signature meals.

I am still tempted by Artist Point, Flying Fish Cafe and Yachtsman Steakhouse. Which, honestly, is the best? Do any serve some good salmon dishes? There need to be some good veggie options too. I am going to have a look at some menus :surfweb:

We love Artist Point! Much quieter and reserved than FF or Yachtsman. After a day at the parks, we're looking for a little peace and quiet...

Quick question for you, Meggiebeth. We love Raglan Road, probably our favorite restaurant on property. The food, atmosphere, everything is awesome. We've never eaten dinner at Rose & Crown. Had many a drink at the bar but never had a sit down meal there. We booked dinner there this Oct. and I'm curious as to why you didn't like it. Not British enough, too over the top, food not authentic? Just wondering...

Jim

JimS4210 said:
We love Artist Point! Much quieter and reserved than FF or Yachtsman. After a day at the parks, we're looking for a little peace and quiet...

Quick question for you, Meggiebeth. We love Raglan Road, probably our favorite restaurant on property. The food, atmosphere, everything is awesome. We've never eaten dinner at Rose & Crown. Had many a drink at the bar but never had a sit down meal there. We booked dinner there this Oct. and I'm curious as to why you didn't like it. Not British enough, too over the top, food not authentic? Just wondering...

Jim

Thanks! I am tempted by the rustic feel...;)

I haven't eaten at Raglan Road so don't really know how it compares to R&C, but I would imagine it is probably more authentic. I have had friends that have been there though that have said it is very authentic- food and all. So know that when you're eating there you're getting the 'real deal'!:) ;)

We felt that whilst the names of the meals were British, the food was not. I guess American and British food don't mix. ;) It felt like it was American based on a British meal. We found the bangers and mash... Eugh. But only really because bacon in mashed potato isn't what we are used to and the bangers tasted nothing like British sausages.

If you're American then the cuisine will probably be quite nice, but it just isn't like anything you would find in an English/ British pub. It just wasn't to our tastes :) The atmosphere and decor are very authentic though.

It leaves me wondering, does that mean that the Italy pavilion isn't authentic Italian? And that the French pavilion isn't French authentic? I really do think that WDW doesn't do British food justice at the R&C. :(

I always found it funny that some Americans when visiting the UK have always cringed at the thought of toad in the hole. It isn't toad... It is sausage, Yorkshire pudding, and gravy! (Delicious, you should cook it at home.) haha!

We Love Love Love Flying Fish Cafe! Also a huge fan of Cape May Cafe for Dinner. I see you are going for Breakfast, but Dinner is amazing. Wonderful Clam bake and seafood.

Mickey's Backyard BBQ is so so. It's set up as a buffet by the catering folks and you serve yourself. There is lots of dancing for the kids. Spirit of Aloha is more like a show and the servers come to your table and actually serve you.

I personally love going to the Grand Floridian Cafe for breakfast and getting Eggs Benedict! YUMMY!!!!

I can't answer CRT better for breakfast or dinner because I haven't been in a very long time.

I LOVE the Garden View Tea Room and think it is well worth the price!!! I really enjoy afternoon tea and the scones are amazing. I love it there so much that I had my Engagement party there and I'm having my baby shower there too. I highly recommend getting The Grand Tea. You get tea sandwiches, scones, jam tarts, pastries or English trifle and a glass of sparkling wine! This is probably one of my favorite places in all of WDW!

2 credit restaurant recommendations - Flying Fish Cafe (Mussles are out of this world)

Meredisney said:
We Love Love Love Flying Fish Cafe! Also a huge fan of Cape May Cafe for Dinner. I see you are going for Breakfast, but Dinner is amazing. Wonderful Clam bake and seafood.

Mickey's Backyard BBQ is so so. It's set up as a buffet by the catering folks and you serve yourself. There is lots of dancing for the kids. Spirit of Aloha is more like a show and the servers come to your table and actually serve you.

I personally love going to the Grand Floridian Cafe for breakfast and getting Eggs Benedict! YUMMY!!!!

I can't answer CRT better for breakfast or dinner because I haven't been in a very long time.

I LOVE the Garden View Tea Room and think it is well worth the price!!! I really enjoy afternoon tea and the scones are amazing. I love it there so much that I had my Engagement party there and I'm having my baby shower there too. I highly recommend getting The Grand Tea. You get tea sandwiches, scones, jam tarts, pastries or English trifle and a glass of sparkling wine! This is probably one of my favorite places in all of WDW!

2 credit restaurant recommendations - Flying Fish Cafe (Mussles are out of this world)

Great! Thanks so much! I do want to go to GFC for breakfast now. Have you been to Hoop de Doo Revue? How did that compare to Mickeys Backyard BBQ? we love HDDR. ;)

Do you think two people could share a grand tea- or the other big teas at the Grand Floridian? :)

Great! Thanks so much! I do want to go to GFC for breakfast now. Have you been to Hoop de Doo Revue? How did that compare to Mickeys Backyard BBQ? we love HDDR. ;)

Do you think two people could share a grand tea- or the other big teas at the Grand Floridian? :)

I've been to hoop de doo and I also really enjoy it. Spirit of Aloha is also fun but it's a totally different environment. There is a little bit of a plot but the main attraction are the dancers and the fire dancer. The food is good. All in all, I'd say it a close second to Hoop De Doo. I will say that some of the tables are far from the stage and that makes it hard to see.

I always get The Grand Tea for just myself. I suppose you could share it but the portions are sized for one person... because there are quite a few courses. I usually go to tea as a late lunch and make a meal out of it, though. You could always order from the ala carte portion of the menu and save a little money that way. One person could get the Grand Tea and another could just get a cheese plate or something like that. That would definitely be enough.

We did Mickey's Backyard BBQ this past March and loved it! We never did HDDR, and we just couldn't manage getting a reservation :(
I would recommend the BBQ! Lots of fun. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter