Best Disney restaurant “under the radar “

BIG disappointment:

Grand Floridian Cafe - for dinner.
LOOKS good, but that steak was the WORSE steak I've ever gotten on property.

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJgnO8Ht5eQlZNIEdkyLIqMUldMTLfbtJ__wYVBQ_4iTow

[The potatoes au gratin, however, were amazing]

We had eaten breakfast here last January:

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJg7NG8qb4Xky6xJAn9nXuqGrnHjCyIZu59oV2we_kMG9A

and the avocado toast was incredible - better than Steakhouse 71 and Trattoria al Forno. I was really disappointed because our appy [shrimp] was killer.

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJgA22fOnlkynPuyfvQ6FXraUnDnu4gHHWpfyYq5WwzmNg

We like GF Cafe for an off-path lunch particularly. Some creative dishes, well-prepared, and a cheery atmosphere.

A new fave is Geyser Point. Fabulous sandwiches and cushy lounge chairs. It's a bar QS at WL and open-air so not really where you might want to be on a chilly or rainy day. Menu is a bit limited but deeelish.

Gasparilla Island Grill, the GF QS, has a decadent chicken with brie sandwich if you like a slightly unusual one. Gaspy's is also open 24 hours. Great for that after-party snack upon leaving MK.

The terrace seating is pleasant, we think, and a good place to munch, imbibe and enjoy fireworks. Ditto for Geyser Point for that, though you'll get a better view there standing at lake's edge.
Actually our home is the VGF and we have GF Cafe and always a meal at Gasparillas. We also love the lobster sliders from the pool bar

I had a wonderful experience at the Turf Club at Saratoga Springs last spring. I was alone (my husband and kids had to finish their work/school day before flying down.) It was a very "understated elegance" atmosphere. The service was wonderful and the food was delicious! I would definitely go back again.

Nobody ever talks about Sebastian's, but it's become one of our favorite restaurants on property. Also just had a great meal at Boatwright's as well. Three Bridges is on our list for our next trip.
We wanted to try there back in December but just didn't make it. Next trip I think we will.

We like GF Cafe for an off-path lunch particularly. Some creative dishes, well-prepared, and a cheery atmosphere.

A new fave is Geyser Point. Fabulous sandwiches and cushy lounge chairs. It's a bar QS at WL and open-air so not really where you might want to be on a chilly or rainy day. Menu is a bit limited but deeelish.

Gasparilla Island Grill, the GF QS, has a decadent chicken with brie sandwich if you like a slightly unusual one. Gaspy's is also open 24 hours. Great for that after-party snack upon leaving MK.

The terrace seating is pleasant, we think, and a good place to munch, imbibe and enjoy fireworks. Ditto for Geyser Point for that, though you'll get a better view there standing at lake's edge.
We ate at Geyser Point and absolutely loved it. We didn't appreciate the ducks walking around though. Have they addressed the duck issue?

Trattoria al Forno - We were pleasantly surprised with their breakfasts.
Primo Piatto
Earl of Sandwich - love their tuna melt. Nice for when you want a quick meal at DS.

Trattoria al Forno - We were pleasantly surprised with their breakfasts.
Primo Piatto
Earl of Sandwich - love their tuna melt. Nice for when you want a quick meal at DS.
Earl of Sandwich was great. Sat outside last December to eat and people watch for a while.

We were surprised by City Works at DS. So easy to get a reservation and the food/beers and atmosphere were great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter