Best Disney Golf Course?

lovindisney4ever

Disney Addict
We are going next month just my boyfriend and I and we both love to golf. Granted I just started last year and I pretty much suck at it and he is your average Sunday golfer. I was thinking of booking some golf tee times for us but I don't know what is the best course for us. He said that he does not want to walk, he would like to get a cart so I know that eliminates one of the courses. Any recommendations from anyone? I appreciate it! :hug:

We are going next month just my boyfriend and I and we both love to golf. Granted I just started last year and I pretty much suck at it and he is your average Sunday golfer. I was thinking of booking some golf tee times for us but I don't know what is the best course for us. He said that he does not want to walk, he would like to get a cart so I know that eliminates one of the courses. Any recommendations from anyone? I appreciate it! :hug:

The best golf course of the 4 eighteen hole courses that are left is Osprey Ridge. . . it is a very beautiful course and is well designed for all levels to play. It is a more modern course than the other three and is designed by one of the best architects of our time (Fazio). However, it is not the course where they play the PGA tour tournament, mainly due to tradition and the ability and room for a gallery and grandstands. The PGA tour event is played on the Palm and Magnolia Courses. If that matters to you and you really want to play one of the courses the PGA plays, I would go with the Magnolia Course. It is a little easier than the Palm now and also is the one with the famous Mickey Mouse bunker. . . although that is more of a novelty and is a lot more noticable from an aerial shot than when playing the course. The last choice would be LBV. The only reason to play that one over the others would be if you are staying at one of the resorts that backs up to the course and it would be convenient.

I stayed at SSR a few years ago, and spent every afternoon on the patio for a late lunch. There were a lot of golfers walking over to do the same thing.

They would comment, it wasn't the finest course there, but it was convenient to walk over and eat lunch at the Turf Club; it is one of those overlooked gems. The food is awesome.

I would check availability before deciding. Since you are going in a few weeks, you might not be able to get anything other than Lake Buena Vista anyway.

The two of you will probably be paired up with another twosome.

Hubby did two courses last November. First he did Palm and loved it. He got to play alone but ended up joining another twosome himself just because it was more fun for him. Then he tried Osprey and loved it just as much. He was put with a twosome. Hubby mentioned that they were both great courses but very different. Where we live, the courses are not too shabby but not super deluxe so hubby was impressed and can't wait to go back.

I think any of the four courses will be enjoyable for you. Take a look at the four of them and see how they appeal to you. They are upkept quiet nicely. Of course depending on how busy it is, you may or may not get paired up with other golfers (just like at any other golf course I've ever played - Just thought I'd mention that since it was brought up by another poster).

My friend also says Osprey is the best:thumbsup2

my vote would be for Magnolia, I just love playing where the pro's play!

If you've never played golf at WDW before, my suggestion is the Magnolia, soley for sentimental reasons....the Mickey bunker on the 6th hole!

All of the courses are designed to be fun to play regardless of skill level, so go out and enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter