Best Desserts

rmkfan1

Earning My Ears
Please list your favorite three desserts at Disney World (including parks, resorts, restaurants, bake shops and Disney Springs). Especially would like to hear if there's anything great at sit down restaurants since I don't recall anything great from past visits - I wasn't the biggest fan of the almond cheesecake or ohana bread pudding even though I am a fan of cheesecake and bread pudding generally.

Mine:

1. Butterfinger cupcake
2. Ooey gooey toffee cake
3. PB&J shake

California Grill smore brulee, California Grill chocolate cake with ice cream, California Grill fritters. Guess where we are eating next trip?

Honorable mention to orange chiffon cake at CRT

In no particular order: OGTC at LTT, tiramisu at Tony's, most people won't agree but the grey stuff dessert for dinner at BOG, swan cream puff at Chefs, maple creme brûlée at Le Cellier, Chocolate Wave at Coral Reef, No Way Jose Sundae at Beaches, and any dessert at Boma.

Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake at Liberty Tree Tavern
Copa di Brutti Ma Buoni (Amarena Cherry and Gelato Sundae) at Via Napoli
Dunbrody Kiss at Raglan Road

California Grill smore brulee, California Grill chocolate cake with ice cream, California Grill fritters. Guess where we are eating next trip?

Honorable mention to orange chiffon cake at CRT
Cali Grill ones sound great. I think I left without dessert last time because my little one was getting tired and grumpy.

Banana bread pudding at Ohana
Carrot cake cookie at Hollywood Studios
Hazelnut Gelato at Trattoria al Forno

Honorable mention to the ooey gooey toffee cake though!! We tried it for the first time last year and loved it so we booked another ADR at LTT this summer. Oh and those sundaes at Ghiradelli's... Yum
Can you tell I love dessert? :)

Coral Reef - The Jack Daniels & Baileys Chocolate Mousse Dessert (One of my favorites).
Via Napoli - Tiramisu
Yak & Yeti - Fried Won-ton dessert is so good.

A few others that I don't think have been mentioned yet:

• Kilauea torte at Kona Cafe at the Polynesian
  • Brioche ice cream sandwich at L'Artisan des Glaces in the France pavilion of World Showcase
  • Zebra domes at Boma at the Animal Kingdom Lodge

Vanilla cheesecake at Wolfgang Puck Express in DS
Ditto on the fried wontons with fresh fruit and vanilla sauce at Yak and Yeti
Strawberry sundae at Auntie GRavity's in MK
Giant ice cream sandwich at Plaza ice cream shop at MK
Also, don't know yet, but looking forward to trying Ample Hills Creamery

Sundaes at Ghirardelli's
Fried Wontons at Yak and Yeti
Ice cream from Ample Hills Creamery

One of my favorite desserts that hasn't been mentioned is the pistachio creme brûlée at Tony's. It's the main reason why I might return there!

Bread Pudding at Raglan Road
Any sundae at Beaches and Cream :)

Sorry I got 6 but it's a dead heat between #3 & #4 and also since #1 & #3 may not be available anymore. Besides, it's like picking your favorite child. The Grapefruit Cake at HBD used to be in my top 3 but since they no longer give you a nice piece of cake anymore and you just that puny thing it has fallen from the upper tier.

I don't do a lot of TS desserts as I very rarely have room.

1 :worship:Butterfinger Cupcake - Starring Rolls now gone:mad: I hear it's available at the Trolley Car Cafe but until I've tried it myself the jury is still out. Sorry, I'm still harboring some bitterness about the closing of Starring Rolls.:furious:
2 Chocolate-Expresso Torte - Turf Club Grille:lovestruc
3 Cool Mint Cupcake - Contempo Cafe (I believe this is seasonal and I'm not sure its there anymore):love:
4:worship:Berry Cobbler - Artist Point/Territory Lounge
5 Blueberry Cobbler - Columbia Harbor House :lovestruc
6 Almond Cheesecake - Narcoosees :lovestruc

Last edited:
1. Jack Daniel's & Bailey's mousse at Coral Reef--I had this in 2009 and haven't been back because the rest of the meal wasn't great, but that is one fantastic dish.

2. Ger's bread pudding at Raglan Road--The sauces are what knock it out of the park.

3. The creme brûlée at Chefs de France--This is not fancy. It's plain vanilla, but it has been perfectly executed every time I've had it. The topping is thick and crunchy while the vanilla custard is creamy and rich.

I'd have included Ohana's pudding as a tie with any one of these, but the OP said they didn't love it. One thing I have learned to do at Ohana's is to ask for an extra dish of ice cream. A lot of times when you get it, the pudding and sauce melt the ice cream instantly, and it's not as good that way. I need the contrast of the cold ice cream against the warm pudding and sauce.

Please list your favorite three desserts at Disney World (including parks, resorts, restaurants, bake shops and Disney Springs).
5.) Mickey Bars (although, I do eat them for breakfast).
4.) Chocolate-filled slipper at Cinderella's Castle.
3.) Pistachio Gelato at Vivoli il Gelato
2.) Italian-style cheesecake made with ricotta cheese at Il Mulino (not to be confused NY-style made with cream cheese).
1.) Chocolate souffle at Shula's.

Tiramisu at Via Napoli (an annual treat).
Berry Cobbler at Artist Point (I'd forgotten this till a PP.mentioned it)
Duo au chocolat from Les Halles (hard to go wrong with anything from Les Halles)

Honorable mention: the mix & match dessert trio at Hollywood Brown Derby - but it appears they've replaced my 3 favorites of the 6 choices. I'll be back to try the new options next year and we'll see how they rank.

My 3 favorite (in no particular order):
1) Cream cheese stuffed pretzel @ Lunching Pad in MK
2) Baked/Unbaked flavor of ice cream @ Ample Hills- Boardwalk- chocolate chip cookie dough AND broken up chocolate chip cookies mixed into an awesome ratio of vanilla ice cream- YES, please!!!
3) Frozen Brown Elephant @ Refreshment Coolpost in Epcot (Africa)- Frozen Coke Icee mixed with some type of South African cream liqueur- it is wonderful :drinking1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter