Best Deal on Tickets

Disney Anna

DIS Veteran
My friend and I will be at WDW in January 2006. I have decided to buy 10-day Magic Your Way Tickets with Park Hopper and No Expiration Option.

Friend is not "big" on WDW. We will be going to parks for 4 days, possibly 5. I think there is a chance that friend will one day re-visit WDW again, but not super soon. Because of chance of future return, I think it's better for friend to buy a longer term ticket.

What do you think? Magic Your Way 4-day ticket with Park Hopper, no Expiration or 8 day MYW ticket with Park Hopper no expiration?

Also, where should I buy? AAA or Ticketmania?

I would suggest the shorter term ticket if your friend is not "big" on Disney. Why? It is not much of a value if the person loses the ticket. I happen to LOVE Disney and have a combination of Seasonal Passes, Annual Passes, Disney Quest and Water Park Passes, and Park Hoppers! It drives me crazy to try to keep up with them! Eventually I will go back to just one type of pass because of that. My DB and SIL both had extra days left for their family of 5 Park Hoppers... and now can't find them. That would be my number one reason.

The cost of a 4-day MYW Hopper (expiry) at Ticketmania.com is $225. The 8-day MYW Hopper (no-expiry) would cost $336. Is it worth $111 to your friend to pay up front with the chance that said friend may or may not visit WDW in the future? And, as Disbug pointed out, there is the possibilty that the partially-used pass may be misplaced or lost in the interim period.

Just a little more food for thought: The 10-day MYW Hopper (expiry) is $340. If you decide to buy the lengthier pass, it would certainly be worth spending the extra $4 to get 2 extra days.

The best deal on tickets cannot be determined until after your schedule for this vacation and also next vacation has been decided upon.

Don't buy, or upgrade to, an 8 or 9 day non-expiring ticket. The 9'th and 10'th non-expiring days cost four dollars each, less for advance purchase.

Vacations with 8 to 10 days in the theme parks are usually better done with expiring tickets.

The difference between 5 day expiring and 10 day non-expiring is $121. (gate prices) regardless of whether you got hopping or plus pack. If you did get the plus pack, the 10 day pass has two more plusses also.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter