best contacts for complaining?

Hi all. We just arrived home last night from our 2 day birthday trip. Unfortunatly I am planning on making a complaint about our accomodation :sad1:
On our first day we collected our passes and went back later to check in to our cabin (dcr).
We have stayed previously so knew what to expect! We were under no illusions that this is not quite the disneyland hotel!! being a family of 5 and not having a budget to allow for the disneyland hotel we are a bit limited as to where to stay. What we were not prepared for though was the army of ants we had to share with. We had been up since 3am so the kids were well ready for bed at 9pm, we collected the key and went to the cabin.
To cut a very long story short we had 5 cabins before we found one with no major ant problem and some heating.
We were upgraded to a 2 bed (we didn't ask for this as we have 2 young uns who sleepwalk and prefer to share!) and were promised "a surprise" for the kids to make up for the fact that it was now nearly 11pm. Turned out the surprise was that we didn't get it!! :confused3
It seemed ok till we went in the next night and got the kids to bed and found A LOT of ants having a picnic in our fridge with all our food! We were up till 1am getting rid of them.
I am so disappointed with the response from the staff at the ranch. We love it there and now my husband has refused to stay there again which will really impact on how often we can go, we don't really have the budget to stay at the more expensive hotels :sad2:
I have photos of the ants in the fridge, I appreciate that it's in the middle of the woods but I (stupidly) expect much better form disney.
Does anyone know what would be the best route for complaining? I was told by the reception manager at dcr to just email the website but surely there must be a better way?
sorry for the big essay!!

I would certainly complain - email is usually my first contact with DLRP if I have any issues, I email on

'DLP.GUEST.COMMUNICATION@disney.com'

Hope you get a satisfactory reply,

As Elaine says the above email address is a very good first point of contact.

I have found dlp.uk.admin@disney.com to be very, very usefull however I think they are more for problems before you travel rather than when you return.

Good luck and I hope you get a speedy response

Good luck to you. I've sent a complaint to Disney and although this has now been rectified (they took the wrong amount of money from my credit card) it did take them over 6 weeks and I am very very unhappy with their customer services. I am still trying to get them to contact me after sending the same e-mail to several people 5 times!!! :mad:

Just asking. Are you sure they were ants?

Normally they are not out of there nests this time of the year.It's much to early.

Maybe it were beetles ore other disgusting creatures?

Thanks guys, you are always so helpful :thumbsup2
I will try the emails you gave me and let you know how I get on.
Just wanted to say that we did actually have a wonderful time, as usual!
We were really lucky with the weather, sunshine everyday. We didn't have to wait too long for rides either, which was great as we usually go in peak time.
We were suprised by the amount of shows etc that we got to see as well. There was a high school musical show/parade in the studios that was great and the new play house disney live on stage was a big hit with my kids!
To be honest there was far more on than we expected.
I will try and do a trip report this time. I may even try and figure out how to add a pic or two! (of the parks, not the ants!!) ;)

I'm glad that, despite the ants, you had a great time.

On another note I think Ants are an ongoing problem in the DCR. One of the problems with being right out in the countryside. The same reason why DLRP has a similar problem with field mice too :goodvibes

sorry disneyadore, just seen your reply! Yep, def ants! There was even the beginnings of a nest in a corner of the bath that had been plugged up with tissue!! This was in the "best cabin that we have in the ranch" apparently.

Sorry to here that.

We've had ants before (although nothing too extreme), but didn't see a single one this time :confused3

We were in the Tomohawk Trail.

sorry disneyadore, just seen your reply! Yep, def ants! There was even the beginnings of a nest in a corner of the bath that had been plugged up with tissue!! This was in the "best cabin that we have in the ranch" apparently.

Ikes,disgusting :scared1:

Lets hope Disney starts them new parks with them lovely theming very very soon

sorry to hear about your ant problem, thats funnt as we also had ants in our interconnecting room in the Cheyenne, my mother in law & DD stayed in a room next to us & their chest of draws was covered in ants :eek:

hope you get the compaint dealt with properly.

My Goodness - ants just freak me out....do let us know how you get on with your complaint....not DLRP but in AKL in WDW we had ants in our DVC kitchen from poor housekeeping and the previous guests leaving food out....we were properly dealt with and our complaint about it (and other treatment) was sorted out fantastically by AKL and DVC when we returned home and sent a long letter (with photos of ants too!) - no faith lost in AKL or WDW

After our 1st visit to DLRP we sent a letter of complaint because if certain awful things and to this day....nothing....not even an acknowledgement of the letter....no real longing to return to DLRP - not even for a quick Dis-Fix anymore!!

Since you have a photo, I would be inclined to send that along with a letter detailing your complaints in list form. Very briefly, when my fiance and I complained we sent a letter with a list of problems and photos as evidence with the photos named on the back. It worked and we were more than happy with the outcome, stick with it and as someone said on another thread letters can be much more effective than emails, although perhaps a letter alongside an email would be best?

Oh that is disgusting I hate ants I remember when we went on school camp and had ants in our wooden cabin and they were massive wood ants or some thing yuck

I hope you get a worth while response

x x x

I'm glad that, despite the ants, you had a great time.

On another note I think Ants are an ongoing problem in the DCR. One of the problems with being right out in the countryside. The same reason why DLRP has a similar problem with field mice too :goodvibes

Ah so that's why I saw a wee mouse right smack bang in the middle of Adventureland then?! I was a bit taken aback. The only mice I expect to see at a Disney park are Mickey & Minnie!

hotdiggetydog good luck with your complaint. An ant problem within cabins is unacceptable even if you are in the middle of a wood.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter