Best character dining at MK or outside of parks

4Hawks

"Be a goldfish" - Ted Lasso
We'll be at WDW in October for 5 nights and will probably visit MK twice and no other park. We did Chef Mickey's last year and would like to do some place different this time. We have a 5 year old boy who loves all Disney characters (no particular favorites) and a 2 year old girl who's not into any characters (doesn't even know princesses). Any favorite restaurants you would recommend? Either at MK or one of the resorts. Is there a restaurant where we can meet the "newer" characters (more recent movies)?

Thanks!

Here's a general list:
http://www.kennythepirate.com/dining/disney-world-character-meal-list/

In MK there's Crystal Palace with Pooh, Tigger, Piglet..(such a beautiful building and location that I always enjoy it)
And the princesses in the Castle.

About as "new" as available around MK is LILO and Stitch at Ohana in the Polynesian.

Actually, Tiana and Naveen is probably the "newest" characters in MK if you count their parade dessert party:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/magic-kingdom/tianas-riverboat-party/

Last edited:
My favorite is 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian. You can do buffets with Mary Poppins and Alice and Wonderland characters there or dinner with Cinderella and I loved going as a kid!

There is a new character breakfast at Trattoria al Forno (Boardwalk) featuring the couples from Tangled and Little Mermaid.

Inside MK, Crystal Palace with the Pooh friends is a lot of fun. Otherwise, l'd recommend 1900 Park Fare at the GF. You can take the monorail over for breakfast or dinner (different characters). Dinner with Cinderella, Charming, and the step family is a blast...Anastasia and Drizella LOVE to dote on boys!

Last edited:

There is a new Princess breakfast at Trattoria al Forno at the boardwalk. Rapunzel & Flynn and Ariel & Eric will be there but it's no where near MK. I'd say Crystal Palace and 1900 Park fare at GF are the best two around the MK area. It depends what characters you want. If it's Mickey and gang then the selections in that area are slim except for Chef Mickey's.

• 1900 has different themes depending on breakfast or dinner. Dinner is Cinderella theme with Cindy, prince and step sisters. Breakfast is a mish mosh with tigger & pooh, alice, mad hatter and Mary Poppins I believe. The food is pretty good. The GF is beautiful to walk around post or pre meal.
  • Crystal Palace is in the MK and is Winnie the Pooh. Nice building and surroundings.
  • Tusker House at AK is awesome with the classic gang in Safari gear. There is B, L &D.
  • We love Cape May at Beach Club for Breakfast (dinner is not character). It is the gang (minus Mickey) in beach gear.
  • We have really liked the new character meal dinner at Hollywood & Vine in HS. It is the classic gang with Mickey but themed for the season. We have done the Halloween and Christmas and it has been great character interaction and theming.
  • Ohana has Mickey, Lilo and Pluto. It is family style and the most relax character meal we have been to.
  • The princess castles. Royal table in MK and Akershus in EPCOT. I think I would have enjoyed them better if I had a little girl (although my toddler son loves the princesses)but the pricing is a little crazy and the food just ok. If it is princesses you want though, nothing can compete for characters or atmosphere.
  • Garden Grill at EPCOT is adorable. It's Mickey, Chip and dale, pluto in farm garb. It's family style and the restaurant rotates.
  • Finally, the Beast is in his castle for most dinners...Be Our Guest.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter