• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best car rental company to pick up at port and drop at Disney?

minnie56

DIS Veteran
Renting a car after a Disney cruise..keeping for 48 hours ..then dropping off at Disney. Anyone have any thoughts on the best company for ease of drop off? Presently have a booking with Avis at Port Canaveral for pick up and drop at Disney in the Hilton hotel but am wondering if there's a company at the car care centre that would be easier for drop off?

Thanks!:)

The Car Care Center is Alamo/National. I don't think they have an office at Canaveral. I think Avis is your best bet; Budget also has (or had) a dropoff somewhere on Hotel Plaza Blvd...I want to say Doubletree, but I'm not sure.

They both have Port Canaveral locations but wow..they are a lot more than Avis! Like $200+++ more.

Thanks for the suggestion though...:) It was worth a look.

It all depends on the situation, but when we cruised a couple of summers ago, it worked out the cheapest to just rent the car MCO-MCO and pay for parking at the Port. (It was also nice to stash stuff in the car that we didn't need for the ship...clothes for WDW, etc.) Keep in mind we just had a 4 day cruise. It might be worth a look...

I just booked with dollar for a 56 hour rental for 82.00 which I think was a great deal. I pick up at MCO and I am dropping off on Hotel Plaza BLVD to which I called their DOLLAR desk and they are 5.2 miles away from Magic Kingdom and will shuttle me for free to the Poly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter