Best Breakfast location in DL and DCA

ngl

DIS Veteran
Staying at GC and hoping to make the most of EMH which is early for us!! (Although coming from East Coast maybe time change will help :) ) Thinking we could do a few things and grab a FP and then go to eat. Would love to hear of any recommendations.

We live 1 hr from WDW and are there all the time but never consider going for "rope drop" so this will be a whole new thing for us!

Seconding Breakfast with Minnie Mouse. It's become a tradition for us. We've never really done breakfast in CA, now that I think of it...

For counter service I LOVE Flo's in DCA and I also really enjoyed Gallactic Grill in Tomorrowland.

Carnation Cafe on Main Street if we want sit down. Minnie's at Plaza Inn if we want buffet and/or characters. Rancho del Zocalo in Frontierland if we want counter service. Jolly Holiday if we want pastries/sweets or a croissant egg sandwich. Check out the menus here on the Dis or on the Disneyland official website or app. We don't bother with breakfast at DCA.

Depends on what you are looking for...we only ever really eat at Starbucks or Minnie's, but in the past have eaten at Flo's and Carnation Cafe, which are both good!

Rancho Del Zocalo in DL is awesome, they have a pretty big menu with classics like the Mickey shaped pancake, biscuits and gravy, and eggs with bacon, and they also have Mexican inspired meals like a chorizo burrito or tamales. Plus the scenery is awesome with Big Thunder chugging past frequently and there is a ton of shaded seating.

In DCA, Flo's has fun scenery, but the food isn't my favorite. They have the basic breakfast egg and bacon platter and a very tasty but sweeeeeet bread pudding masquerading as baked french toast. But in DCA, I still think it's a good breakfast choice, since I think the only other option is Starbucks...

Minnie n Friends for character meal in DL. Buffet is good but, they do custom make three egg omelottes if you would like one. Carnation Cafe on Mainstreet is good with everything made to order. You are staying at the GC, Storytellers is great for breakfast plus, it is a character breakfast. WhiteWater Snacks just past the CA entrance in the GC, is great for quick, easy, and fast meals. :coffee:

We tried Rancho del Zocalo in Frontierland for the first time on our last trip and were pleasantly surprised. My hubby loved the Chilaquiles.

For counter service I LOVE Flo's in DCA and I also really enjoyed Gallactic Grill in Tomorrowland.

This is what I was going to say!! Flo's and Gallactic Grill have a fruit platter we always get to share. Hubby says the breakfast potatoes are better at Flo's than the Grill, but, they both are good. For TS, I would take Carnation Cafe. Food is good and there is seating both inside and out. If you don't do breakfast at Carnation Cafe, try having lunch or dinner there. Food is yummy!

We usually end up doing Starbucks, but we also like Minnie's and storytellers if we are into a character meal.

We really like Carnation Cafe for a late breakfast. We will do rope drop and after about 3 hours my crew is famished.

I had good eggs benedict at Carnation Cafe. In the past, I had a good waffle there. I have tried breakfast at Flo's and Rancho del zocalo, but found both to be what I consider greasy fast food. I guess it depends on what you normally eat.

My wife and daughters would tell you Ariel's Grotto with the Princesses :-) Me and the boys would say Flo's Brioche French Toast or Galactic Grill's Menu (the fruit is great) are the best options to eat. I will say that Rancho's Del Zocalo's Biscuits and Gravy are on my to-do list this summer.

In Disneyland, Rancho is great for counter service. The Chilaquiles is great. The breakfast burrito is great too. Or the Mickey pancake. Haven't had "greasy fast food" there. For table service, we like Carnation Cafe. In DCA, there aren't a lot of options. Flo's is good, I like the french toast.

But overall, I prefer Steakhouse 55 for breakfast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter