Best Birthday Experiences?

Sagacious_Sundry

Earning My Ears
Hi!

I am travelling to Disney in California with my sister for the first time on the 1st-3rd of May this year, and while there we planned to celebrate both of our birthdays (hers is while we are there and I turn 30 a week later). We're both mega-fans of Disney so I can't think of anywhere better for us to celebrate!

I know we could book a table at a restaurant and pre-order a cake, but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for particular places or experiences which would make a birthday extra special? Whether it was the atmosphere or the food, or if theres anything extra you can request to make it even more special, I'd love to know if there was somewhere you consider to be THE place to have a birthday celebration, or just of a particularly memorable birthday you might have had at Disney.

Its just the two of us so I'm wanting to do whatever I can to make it a great birthday for my sister, so any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Last edited:
I had lunch at the Blue Bayou at a waterside table for my birthday over the summer and it was so great, I loved it! I hadn’t eaten there since I was a teenager (and I don’t really remember that since it was SO long ago ha ha). However, if I had not been pregnant I think I would have chosen Napa Rose chef’s counter with wine pairing!

I've heard good reviews about the 24 layer cake at Steakhouse 55!

That cake looks AMAZING in the photos I have seen. My Best Friend and I are doing a Disneyland trip for my 46th Birthday. I first thought that Blue Bayou was the way I wanted to go but after seeing the pictures of that cake I think that I have changed my mind, lol. Plus their menu is a little broader at Steakhouse 55 and the prices are comparable.

Steakhouse 55 and the 24 layer chocolate cake is a great way to celebrate! Have done it a few times myself and love it !! Blue Bayou is pretty special as well.... perhaps lunch on another day... hey, 2 birthdays, 2 celebrations....no problem!

(depends on how woc is doing at that time) I did the WOC dessert party for my birthday a few years ago and had a great time. We snacked on some sweets and drank champagne all while sitting for the show. It was a bit pricey but honestly being able to sit down while we waited for the show was worth the price.

We did the 24-layer chocolate cake (with ice cream) for a friend's birthday and it was amazing!! There were 4 of us women and we still couldn't finish it.

Another fun thing is to order the Bananas Foster at Jazz Kitchen. I like to get balcony seating. Nothing like a delicious dessert flambé prepared at your table!

I had lunch at the Blue Bayou at a waterside table for my birthday over the summer and it was so great, I loved it! I hadn’t eaten there since I was a teenager (and I don’t really remember that since it was SO long ago ha ha). However, if I had not been pregnant I think I would have chosen Napa Rose chef’s counter with wine pairing!
Ooh, I've heard a lot of good things about both of those places, I'll take a look, thank you

Steakhouse 55 and the 24 layer chocolate cake is a great way to celebrate! Have done it a few times myself and love it !! Blue Bayou is pretty special as well.... perhaps lunch on another day... hey, 2 birthdays, 2 celebrations....no problem!
I like your thinking! :D Maybe spreading the celebrations out is a good idea, theres so many good options it seems silly to only go for one...

(depends on how woc is doing at that time) I did the WOC dessert party for my birthday a few years ago and had a great time. We snacked on some sweets and drank champagne all while sitting for the show. It was a bit pricey but honestly being able to sit down while we waited for the show was worth the price.
That sounds really nice, I'll have to keep an eye on it and see if they'll be running it again by the time we get there. Thanks for the idea!

We did the 24-layer chocolate cake (with ice cream) for a friend's birthday and it was amazing!! There were 4 of us women and we still couldn't finish it.

Another fun thing is to order the Bananas Foster at Jazz Kitchen. I like to get balcony seating. Nothing like a delicious dessert flambé prepared at your table!

I think at this rate we might have to just go whole hog and have a entire dessert day XD Thank you for the suggestion!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter