Best bets for larger parties

Kwaschitz

Mouseketeer
We've always traveled as either a party of 3 or a party of 5 (2 adult couples, 1 child), and have typically stayed at CSR. We tried CBR once (room was great, resort left a bit to be desired for us - just *too* spread out). Most recently we were a party of 3 at the Poly.

Our next trip we will be a party of 4 (3 adults, 1 child) and likely stay at the Poly.

I'm working to save up the extra $$ to take my nephew and 2 nieces along (18, 11, 6) within the next year. As I look to see how much I need to get in the fund, I've got some questions for those who have btdt.

Better off to rent a DVC 2 br OR 2 adjoining rooms at a moderate (or even at 2 at the Poly)? Both in terms of $$ and amenities...

If I could take the kids one at a time, we'd just stay at the Poly and the cost of adding a kid is really not that much, but how do you tell a 6 year old "your brother goes this trip, you go in a year"???

I've been considering the Poly, BLT and BWV (thinking that it would be easier with access to ferries, monorail, and walking paths to parks).

What have you done with a larger party and why?

It would better to rent DVC unless a "super-saver" package deal is running off-season.

We've stayed at BWV and Kidani with large groups and enjoyed both. Boardwalk has more to do, but obviously no savanna.

Thanks for the input - that's what I'm leaning toward. Actually, I found out that I'm less than $500 in the fund away from paying the difference between the trip for 4 and the trip for 7 if we go that route and stay at BWV! (Excluding airfare)

Btw - Fellow Indy girl here :wave2: (well, by birth and one day I'll convince my NY born husband that we need to go back...and that's where the 3 kids I'm hoping to take all are)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter