Best bet for a family of 5

FtWildrns5

<font color=green>1296 miles from Fort Wilderness<
It's been a while since I've been on these boards, but I'm back and planning another trip. First trip we stayed at FW, but after the drive from MA to FL with 3 young kids my DW vowed to never ever do that again. It may have had something to do with my insistence on doing the ride down in one day :).

Anyway, it has been about 5 years since that rip and we are considering another Disney vacation. This time we will be flying down and we are considering being there around May 8th for our 20th anniversary.

What are the best resort options for a family of 5? Are there any moderate resorts that hold 5 or are we better off with connecting rooms. Would love to here from anyone with a similar sized family that has manged to stay on site. The kids ages will be 12, 10 and 10.

The Cabins at Ft. Wilderness can sleep 5.

I'd go for adjoining rooms at a value, or a 2 bedroom DVC rental. You are not guaranteed connecting rooms (you'd have to book one adult into each room).

Thanks Stargazer. Two rooms at a value resort may work also. Added benefit of two bathrooms!
Cabins at the Fort are not an option. DW would like more of a hotel stay for this vacation.

When all 5 of us come to WDW we stay in a family suite at All Star Music. It is a little bit more than a room at POR (that sleeps 5) but it has separate sleepers for each kid and has a kitchenette and 2 bathrooms. The room at POR that sleeps 5 has a pull down Murphy bed for the 5th person and it is sized for a really small child. You can seek out pics of it and see that even a 10 yr old would be too big for it. But even the smallest sleeper in the ASMu was big enough for my 11 yr old.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter