Best Beer and Drink Menus at WDW

danikoski

DIS Veteran
So there was debating going on over on the Rumors forum about beer menus. Thought I'd move it here to the foodie thread.

So, what do you all like seeing at WDW for drinks? What kind of things would you like to see? And what places have the best beer and drink menus at WDW?

So there was debating going on over on the Rumors forum about beer menus. Thought I'd move it here to the foodie thread.

So, what do you all like seeing at WDW for drinks? What kind of things would you like to see? And what places have the best beer and drink menus at WDW?
Personally, I'm not much of a beer drinker; I don't know good beer.

But......

I understand beer drinking and Disney does an excellent job of spreading 'good' beer throughout the Parks and Resorts.

Another place to look around for an answer may be EasyWDW - since Josh is very much a 'good' beer drinker.

For beer menus, Raglan Road is ok but overpriced (even for Disney). Some of the lounges have good beer and drink menus - Crew's Cup is one I like. Disney seemed to be doing a really good job of offering decent beers several years ago, but more recently they've moved back to utter crap like Budweiser and Yuengling. Setting that aside, BaseLine Taphouse has a pretty good beer menu for a park restaurant. Le Cava de Tequila actually has some very good tequilas - talking about top 20 tequilas around, just don't ruin them with a mixer. The Wave lounge had some good beers a few years ago but not sure what it is like now.

I figured I better join in the thread since I was the butt-head that said to move it. We are doing a 4 trips in the next 12 months, so ready to hear about the best beer and drink locations at WDW.

I do have to say though - I have a hard time finding that much beats the beer in the Germany pavillion. The Altenmunster Oktoberfest and Warstiener Dunkle. Too bad they blow it with that awful grapefruit beer.

I figured I better join in the thread since I was the butt-head that said to move it. We are doing a 4 trips in the next 12 months, so ready to hear about the best beer and drink locations at WDW.

I do have to say though - I have a hard time finding that much beats the beer in the Germany pavillion. The Altenmunster Oktoberfest and Warstiener Dunkle. Too bad they blow it with that awful grapefruit beer.
Have you tried any of the Canada beers? I typically prefer IPAs but the Unibroue beers offered at Le Cellier score pretty well. Will try the Trois Pistoles when we are there in a couple of weeks.

The best mixed drinks come from the Blue Zoo. As other mentioned, Canada has amazing Unibroue beers. Also, not sure if its still on any menus but at one point a few spots served Chimay beer which is an amazing Trappist beer.

Yak & Yeti has a great selection of beer and mixed drinks. Their cocktails seem a little less expensive than those at Disney owned restaurants. Plus their tap beer comes in two sizes, and you get extra value when you order the larger size.

The best mixed drinks come from the Blue Zoo. As other mentioned, Canada has amazing Unibroue beers. Also, not sure if its still on any menus but at one point a few spots served Chimay beer which is an amazing Trappist beer.

Bottled Chimay Blue is served at Be Our Guest dinner. I tried some of a table mate's and it was awesome. :)

As a beer-lover and German I've to comment this because the choice on the German pavillion is a shame. Warsteiner is one of the absolute worst beers here - I hardly know anybody who drinks it. Altenmünster is not wellknown here and a in best case a medicriore beer. Also if they want to offer a Bavarian pilsner (Bavaria is not at in pilsner but mainly in white beer or lager) there are many better choices. While at Disney World I just refuse drinking beer in Germany...

Besides the already mentioned beers and locations, I liked the Moretti Lager in Italy or Kronenbourg in France.

On the drinks front, we are huge fans of Nomads Lounge. They have several unique cocktails, all at great price points.

Unfortunately, I think Disney does drinks better than beer. They do have some winners scattered around the resorts and restaurants - Kungaloosh Ale at Nomads, Orange Blossom Pilsner or Racer at SciFi, anything in the Germany pavilion - but there isn't a lot of consistency. I haven't been myself yet, but i hear great things about the craft beer selections at the new Baseline Tap House. I'm looking forward to trying it on our trip next month

Have you tried any of the Canada beers? I typically prefer IPAs but the Unibroue beers offered at Le Cellier score pretty well. Will try the Trois Pistoles when we are there in a couple of weeks.

We live 20 minutes from Canada, so I generally don't bother with Canada when we come to Disney. A couple of the beers are decent, I don't care for Moosehead. The Unibroue is good though. Can't say I've tried Trois Pistoles.

Oh, also the Safari Amber at AKL and DAK is one that I really enjoy!

We also love La Cava de Tequila and Nomad Lounge for drinks! AbracadaBar (Boardwalk) also has a great cocktail menu with drinks not available at other lounges.

I usually grab a pint at rose and crown. I find the half and half a good choice but I also like Guinness. The beers that Germany has during F&W are better than the normal selection.

I usually grab a pint at rose and crown. I find the half and half a good choice but I also like Guinness. The beers that Germany has during F&W are better than the normal selection.
Never was there during F&W, but I would love to hear what my home country serves for other beers during it. Of course worse than the regular ones is almost impossible:duck:

Never was there during F&W, but I would love to hear what my home country serves for other beers during it. Of course worse than the regular ones is almost impossible:duck:

Here's what's listed for the "Brewer's Collection" booth in Germany says.
  • Radeberger Zwickel Pilsner (Unfiltered) – $4.00
  • Hacker-Pschorr Hefe Weisse Naturtrüb – $4.00
  • Schöfferhofer Hefeweizen Pomegranate Beer – $4.00
  • Beer Flight Also Available – $9.00

Here's what's listed for the "Brewer's Collection" booth in Germany says.
  • Radeberger Zwickel Pilsner (Unfiltered) – $4.00
  • Hacker-Pschorr Hefe Weisse Naturtrüb – $4.00
  • Schöfferhofer Hefeweizen Pomegranate Beer – $4.00
  • Beer Flight Also Available – $9.00
Thank you. Yes, this sound better. Radeberger (not from Bavaria) brews very good Pilsner, not my favorite but near to it.
Hacker Pschor is also good, but as I don't like Weizen I just can evaluate their Lager and Pilsner. Sadly they don't choose Monchshofer instead of Hacker Pschor, it's also from Bavaria but tastes better.

I found interesting that Baseline offers California Craft brews, and I understand that it is located at Disney Hollywood Studios, so thus the California connection.

However, Florida now has many craft brewers, which I think could be fit in. Perhaps do a Hoptingers or something similar in Disney Springs. Perhaps with not as many taps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter