Best Beaches for swimming at Key West, Cozumel, Grand Cayman?

stampinshauna

Disneyland, Walt Disney World, and Disney Cruise L
Can anyone recommend beaches to swim at in Key West, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel? Also, can you tell me how to get to the beaches from the dock?

Can anyone recommend beaches to swim at in Key West, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel? Also, can you tell me how to get to the beaches from the dock?

1. Key West none,
  2. Cayman Seven mile beach
  3. Cozumel playa oriente, but rough, or San Fransico beach West coast, Playa de sol.

2 & 3 Short cab ride.

Key West, none.

Coz, we loved Paradise Beach, but there are lots of great beaches in Cozumel.

GC, we ended up at Rum Point after our stingray excursion, and thought it was breathtaking. I've heard wonderful things about Seven Mile Beach as well.

Ditto on Key West...we just spent a week there and the two beaches we went to, Smather's Beach and Diggs Beach both had sand and palm trees but the water was icky....tons of seeweed....same thing on our trip last year.

I was talking with someone at our hotel who said they went to Fort Zachary State Park and she said she swam there.....

The waters in Key West are very polluted so do NOT go swimming there - hate to say it since it is mine and Norm's hometown, but unfortunately the pollution is causing a number of problems.
always
Shirley

Another vote for Paradise Beach in Cozumel. Our family had a great day there in April 2007. Snorkeling wasn't good, but our son loved the water trampolines and iceberg to climb, and the swimming was good too. The food and drinks were safe and good, we stuck to bottled water but had margaritas and all had a full lunch and everyone was fine. As long as you order some food and drinks, you don't have to pay for the chairs and umbrellas, and you could buy an optional wristband if you wanted to use the tramps, iceberg, snorkeling, and I think they may have had kayaks too. Also friendly staff.

If you want to do your own snorkeling excursion in Grand Cayman, we booked through Captain Marvin's, a good outfit and they don't charge you if the ship ends up needing to skip the port for weather.

Is Rum Point Beach in Grand Cayman worth the long ride? I have heard some great things on this beach but I have also heard that it can take an hour to get there. Would Seven Mile Beach be just as nice? Thanks !!!:cool1: :cool1:

Is Rum Point Beach in Grand Cayman worth the long ride? I have heard some great things on this beach but I have also heard that it can take an hour to get there. Would Seven Mile Beach be just as nice? Thanks !!!:cool1: :cool1:

As a cruise excursion, I would pick Seven Mile Beach over Rum Point. Take a taxi to Sea Grape Beach, it's maybe 10 minutes away, and you will not be disappointed. Calm clear water, restaurant, bathrooms, water sports are all there. Rum Point is beautiful too, but it will take you about 45 minutes to get there, and the taxi ride would be very expensive. If you choose to rent a car, you have to add the time it takes to do the pick up/drop off.

As a cruise excursion, I would pick Seven Mile Beach over Rum Point. Take a taxi to Sea Grape Beach, it's maybe 10 minutes away, and you will not be disappointed. Calm clear water, restaurant, bathrooms, water sports are all there. Rum Point is beautiful too, but it will take you about 45 minutes to get there, and the taxi ride would be very expensive. If you choose to rent a car, you have to add the time it takes to do the pick up/drop off.

Thanks for the info. That sounds much better than the 45 minute travel time to Rum Point. Do you know if Sea Grape has louge chairs and umbrellas? Thanks again !!!:banana: :banana:

Thanks for the info. That sounds much better than the 45 minute travel time to Rum Point. Do you know if Sea Grape has louge chairs and umbrellas? Thanks again !!!:banana: :banana:

I know they have chairs, I THINK they have umbrellas. You probably have to pay to rent them, but I don't know how much. I know that Carnival uses this beach for one of it's excursions, because we were on Grand Cayman for a land vacation this past May, and on the day we went to Sea Grape, there were lots of cruise ship passengers there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter