Best beach to visit on the East Coast during off season

MamaLema

DIS Veteran
Me and DH would like to visit a beach town with a boardwalk at the end of October for a few days.
We're looking for a place which still has a few places open to eat if possible, but understand most places will be closed.
Any suggestions?
We are mostly looking to walk, relax, and possibly shop at a mall or outlet nearby.

We like Myrtle Beach in the shoulder season--much less crowded, but most things are open. You can go to the beach, and most resorts have heated pools, so you can still swim.

Me and DH would like to visit a beach town with a boardwalk at the end of October for a few days.
We're looking for a place which still has a few places open to eat if possible, but understand most places will be closed.
Any suggestions?
We are mostly looking to walk, relax, and possibly shop at a mall or outlet nearby.
I would recommend looking at Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort.
(October is very cheap on cash.)
https://hiltonhead.disney.go.com/

Off season is actually a good time to go since it is far less crowded. Myrtle Beach or Outer Banks are two places that come to mind but there are many. Some of the smaller places close during the off season, but you can still find many restaurants/shops that remain open. Weekdays are also less crowded since on weekends the locals will still go to the beach if there is good weather.

Weather can be hit/miss with some good days and some that are cooler. But likely if you plan to go in the off season it isn't to sit at the beach all day long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter